No replies to this topic

#1 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:16 PM

The NY Post is reporting that the New Jersey Devils and GM Lou Lmaoriello have opened up contract talks with soon to be restricted free-agent Zach Parise. With their backs up against the deadline to file team elected arbitration for Parise the Devils appear to have decided now is a good time to try and sign the star forward to an extension. It’s still up in the are as to whether a deal can be reached before the deadline, but the Devils could file for arbitration while continuing to work on an constructing a new deal. Let’s keep our fingers crossed.

In other news Lamoriello has confirmed that D Matt Taormina is 100% recovered from the ankle surgery he had to repair damaged ligaments in his severely sprained ankle. Lamoriello also said that Taormina has been skating regularly and is expected to participate in the teams prospect camp during the summer.

The Devils also made a minor trade on Thursday when they acquired D Maxim Noreau from Minnesota for C David McIntyre. Not exactly the big defensive acquisition I had hoped for but the summer is still young.

I also was to congratulate former Devils head coach Claude Julian on leading the Boston Bruins to the organizations first Stanley Cup Championship in 39 years. It’s always good to see Devils alumni having success.Follow me on twitter! @westcoastdevfan

View the full article
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users