Photo

Trade rumor: Brent Burns for Rolston/Zubrus?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 hobgoblin933

hobgoblin933

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:47 PM

I'm gonna be really, really disappointed if the Devils trade their number 4 pick for someone like Brent Burns.

#22 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:23 AM

Yeah I'd rather not move out of the top 5, even if Rolston or Zubs can be unloaded.

Even for Brent Burns, who I'm actually a fan of

Edit:
I would, however, be interested in a deal involving ATL/WIN. Something around swapping picks and acquiring Bogosian. Think that's already been discussed here before though

Edited by Devilsfan118, 21 June 2011 - 07:35 AM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#23 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:12 AM

I'm gonna be really, really disappointed if the Devils trade their number 4 pick for someone like Brent Burns.

I agree. Burns is a decent defenseman but not worth a #4 pick. Not unless its part of a good package
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#24 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:21 AM

Tao can take over when Burns gets hurt again.

Devils need defense and potentially unloading Rolston and Zubrus will help the cap space.

It should be an interesting few days of pre-draft rumors.

Edited by MantaRay, 21 June 2011 - 08:22 AM.

I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#25 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,941 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:26 AM

With the cap increase, getting rid of Rolston's contract to fit in Parise isn't necessary (if it even ever was). As much as Burns would be a welcomed addition to our blueline, I really don't want to give up the #4 pick.

Yeah I'd rather not move out of the top 5, even if Rolston or Zubs can be unloaded.

Even for Brent Burns, who I'm actually a fan of

Edit:
I would, however, be interested in a deal involving ATL/WIN. Something around swapping picks and acquiring Bogosian. Think that's already been discussed here before though

Why on earth would they trade Bogosian? *swapping* picks and adding Bogosian? C'mon, man. This ain't NHL11.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#26 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:32 AM

Why on earth would they trade Bogosian? *swapping* picks and adding Bogosian? C'mon, man. This ain't NHL11.

:lol: No no, obviously we'd have to add. A mere swapping of picks wouldn't justify the return of a blue-chip prospect, I just hadn't put too much thought into the matter in terms of who we'd have to send the other way

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#27 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:38 AM

I'd prefer to keep our pick and prospects. For once we have some young players with potential that could be on this team for years to come.

Burns is a good player though, but not worth selling the farm for imo.

#28 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,420 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:42 AM

OK - but would you BET on this - or examine all the options out in the league available through trade.
I think talking to MIN is certainly worth the time and effort.

I would bet on either Fayne or Taormina, averaging 1 minute of power play time, will have more points than Greene's career average.

I agree that exploring options is a good idea, especially with the cap this high.

they would never do that.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#29 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,041 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:55 AM

I want Burns simply so we can go "BOOOOOurns"

But seriously, TG has suggested multiple times the Devils love Zibanejad, and if they feel he's the best prospect for the team and that he could fall to number ten, getting rid of Rolston's cap hit and acquiring Burns would be a pretty solid move.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#30 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:36 AM

Tao can take over when Burns gets hurt again.

Devils need defense and potentially unloading Rolston and Zubrus will help the cap space.

It should be an interesting few days of pre-draft rumors.

WAIT!
This is the bigger news!!! Manta actually made a post without sh*tting all over the Devils!

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#31 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,652 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 09:41 AM

I want Burns simply so we can go "BOOOOOurns"

But seriously, TG has suggested multiple times the Devils love Zibanejad, and if they feel he's the best prospect for the team and that he could fall to number ten, getting rid of Rolston's cap hit and acquiring Burns would be a pretty solid move.

The problem is that trading down 6 spots and hoping Zibanejad is still there is very risky.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#32 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:09 AM

the rumor doesn't say that rolston or zubrus would be traded for burns. it says the wild have talked to NJ about burns, and that NJ wants to trade rolston or zubrus. i think one of them would have to be involved, though, but the deal would be much more complicated.

something like:

burns + 10th overall pick for

rolston + 4th overall pick + urbom

I'd sign up for that.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#33 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,894 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:10 AM

With the cap increase, getting rid of Rolston's contract to fit in Parise isn't necessary (if it even ever was). As much as Burns would be a welcomed addition to our blueline, I really don't want to give up the #4 pick.

Agree. I'd love Brent Burns on this team, and I would give up alot for him. Hes one of the top offensive defensemen in the league. However, i would not want to part with that #4 pick at all.

#34 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:22 AM

if we'd be 100% sure to get Zibanejad at 10 + get rid of Rolston for Burns

if i would be the one making the final decision id be scratching my head for awhile but i'd take it, considering we have bunch of money coming off the book in 2012 so we could resign Burns no problem

www.SterioDesign.com

#35 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:26 AM

WAIT!
This is the bigger news!!! Manta actually made a post without sh*tting all over the Devils!

I think the bigger news is your actually paying attention to what is said.

Edited by MantaRay, 21 June 2011 - 10:26 AM.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#36 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:28 AM

Another rumor going around is Burns to the Lightning for Ryan Malone. Dunno what else, only briefly read it on twittah.

#37 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,260 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:30 AM

Another rumor going around is Burns to the Lightning for Ryan Malone. Dunno what else, only briefly read it on twittah.

Ryan Malone was arguably the best forward on Tampa during the playoffs. Makes NO SENSE to deal him and then trade for Burns.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#38 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:47 AM

:lol:

Gottem

if we'd be 100% sure to get Zibanejad at 10 + get rid of Rolston for Burns

No real way to be sure though...would obviously have to deal the 4th and then hope for the best for the next 5 picks.

believe-ll.jpg

#39 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,941 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:55 AM

Posted Image

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#40 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:09 AM

Ryan Malone was arguably the best forward on Tampa during the playoffs. Makes NO SENSE to deal him and then trade for Burns.

I didn't think he was that good. He took a lot of dumb penalties, also his contract is pretty bad.

Though he also has a NMC apparently, and I don't think he'd waive it to go to Minnesota.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users