57 replies to this topic

#41 brylin18

brylin18

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 10:05 PM

oh please derek. your boy danton has shown himself to be the premiere pain in the ass that we all knew he was. stop blaming burns or lou or anyone else. he'll take the benching and he'll like it.

#42 SueNJ97

SueNJ97

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,814 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 10:12 PM

oh please derek. your boy danton has shown himself to be the premiere pain in the ass that we all knew he was. stop blaming burns or lou or anyone else. he'll take the benching and he'll like it.

He doesn't have to like it. But he does have to learn to deal with it like a rational adult, not throw a friggin' temper tantrum every time he doesn't think something is 'fair'.
One of the few intelligent things Jimmy Carter ever said: "Life is not fair." All of us have to learn it - Mike Danton is no exception.
NJDevs.com Keeper of Lou Lamoriello (until he finds out & kills me that is)

Now that we are going to have a season, I can post these...
2004-2005 NJDevs.com winner of the Brodeur, Lamoriello and Howe awards, thanks guys, I appreciate the hat trick.

#43 M.

M.

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 10:17 PM

Derek, the guy is a fourth line ROOKIE. It's not like he's the second-coming of Gretzky. This is the fourth game of the season and he was a healthy scratch. He needs to learn how to deal with it. It's part of the game. If he thinks he's playing every game all season long, then he's in for a real rough ride.

As for the comments we make based on what we've read, gee, conversation on this board would be practically non-existent and pretty damn dull if we can't comment on what the media puts out. Why bother printing out papers and having reports and interviews on tv then? And besides, most of us have issues with his OWN actions & OWN statements, not some ficticous crap made up by (N)Đ„verson and the like. If we can't judge the boy based on his own words & actions, then how are we to do so?
Let me guess, we shouldn't judge right? :rolling:

And one final thing, what is it with your personality that just seems to cause you to become the supposed defender of whomever it is that you feel we, the fans of this board, have unfairly slighted and thus compels you to to preach to us how we should or should not talk about the players on OUR team? I thought your lovefest with Dagenais was annoying, but this is getting to that level quicker. Tell me, is this going to be a trend with you? Don't the rags have something they can keep you entertained with?
WORK SMARTER- NOT HARDER

#44 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,112 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 10:22 PM

right now danton just doesn't have the track record to back up these complaints, he's a nobody and most coaches and GM's don't tolerate unproven rookies mouthing off.
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#45 Kyydax

Kyydax

Albany Devil

• Suspended
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 11:40 PM

Danton should not have been scratched.
The main problem facing the Devils right now is goal scoring and Steve Guolla is not going to remedy that in any shape or form.

With that being said, who the hell does Mike Jefferson/Danton think he is?
Questioning the decision of Pat Burns?
Is he kidding?
Is he on crack?
There's a reason why 1st year players are called rookies and not 1st year players.....

As much as I think the team needs a guy like him, I've had enough. Package him with Zyuzin and/or Albelin and get a scoring forward in here....
Happy Deleting!!!!!

#46 MrQuotes

MrQuotes

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 20 October 2002 - 11:42 PM

i wonder if he really knows what hes got himself into
this guys given me the impression the hes really got problems
but this cant end without reprecussion
Posted Image

Keeper of Newark Arena's first mugging victim

#47 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 06:22 AM

He just sounds very unstable and this episode could come back to haunt him in the long run if he lets it get out of hand.

Unfortunately, I think Burns has too bench him again for his immature position and his agents stupidity.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#48 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,481 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 07:53 AM

Pandolfo on the power play? Are you Kidding Me?
That says it all about our offense!!!

Thank you for saying htis...Ii almost blew my top when IO saw that...Is Burns friggin crazy????

And I'm sorry but danton has to play against the "Canes....sit down some of the opther deadwood. like Pando Turner or Zyuzin!!!

Seriously..we know the catr game is going to be physical so burns rests 2 of our most physical pl.ayuers after a week w/out games??? WHY???
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#49 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,849 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 07:57 AM

I think we should reserve judgemnt on Burns for a while. Let him execute his "master" plan.

Players sitting out should have been switch form Nashville game to Carolina game.

Did anyone get the feeling Burns was "throwing" Carolina game?

It si a long season and there are lot sof things to be done.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#50 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 08:11 AM

I agree with MSWEET;

Burns had the option to utilize more of a speed line-up vs Nashville (Zyzuin/Guolla).

and match-up a more physical line-up vs the Canes (Dano/Danton).

And why didn't Schwab start either of these games???? Its too early to be wearing down Marty, especially after almost a week off.
I think Schwab would have given the Devils a better chance to win than playing Marty in both games in a back-to-back series.

I know Burns is still tinkering, and I hope he benches Danton in the next game to cool him off.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#51 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 08:58 AM

I completely agree with Kyydax here (unlike the "bad goal a game thread" LOL).

I don't think it's right to bench a player who's playing well and I don't like the way Danton handled the benching. He's acting like a baby.

I like the kid's fire, though. He's brash. I wish he'd save it for the ice.

#52 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 09:13 AM

I don't mind punkass being all upset -- but little dude - don't fight this sh!te out in the press! That's just unacceptable! Discretion is the better part of valor for pete's sake!

I'm here for the party

#53 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 01:22 PM

Here, here Pepper!!

In this day of spoiled malcontents airing thier beef in the media, I really wish we had an Eddie Shore type to put the brat in his place.

I hope Burns put him through a wall and knocks some sense into him.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#54 GR

GR

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 01:53 PM

I predicted earlier that he wouldn't last the season, but i didn't think he would let his mouth get himself into trouble this early. Say goodbye to Danton, Lou will get vendictive, and dump him. And he should be dumped, who didn't see this coming?
Devils need more help offensively.
[/b]

#55 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,902 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 01:58 PM

GetReal, why dump a guy who's playing well? I'm with you, the kid has a lot of growing up to do, but he definitely has a right to be perturbed in my book...I don't care if he's a rookie, he's doing a good job in his role....a role no one else is playing.

#56 MaddDog

MaddDog

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 02:28 PM

An acceptable plan for losing and creating team turmoil.

Yes, but to make this statement, one must assume two things:

1) Punkass makes or breaks the entire Devils team, and they can't win without his presence

2) Everyone else on the team loves Punkass crying about being scratched for a game to play Danton, and they are infuriated at Burns/Lou for making Punkass sit out.

Some how I doubt this :blink:

#57 MaddDog

MaddDog

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 02:29 PM

They don't need fans calling him silly names because that's garbage.

To be fair, he's being called names because he has and IS presently exhibiting immature hotheaded behavior that many of us don't care for. If he doesn't want to be criticized, he can behave more appropriately (when it comes to speaking to the media, in particular).

#58 Zamode

Zamode

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 21 October 2002 - 03:48 PM

Derek I think he's probably been called worse names than Punk ass by a group of Internet board fans.
Posted Image

Thanks Lurker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users