#21 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:20 PM

From TG:

A line of Landeskog, Josefson, Tedenby? Yes please.

Oh of course he then adds in that Larsson is friends with Josefson, Tedenby and Urbom... damnit

As much as I'm against drafting Landeskog 4th overall, that would actually be a pretty cool line and, hypothetically at least, would work pretty well. Josefson the playmaker, Tedenby the dangler and sniper, Landeskog the power forward picking up garbage goals... I can see it. Not to mention all the Swedish communication.

Edited by iamtheprodigy, 23 June 2011 - 05:20 PM.

#22 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:22 PM

God damn it....Landeskog is left or right wing....every where I look its different...once he is left wing and the other time he is right wing.

If he is a RW it gets a lot more interesting.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#23 GA Devil

GA Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:44 PM

He plays both wings, although he is primarily a RW, I believe.
Let the celebration begin in the Daneyko household!!!!

#24 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:49 PM

He plays both wings, although he is primarily a RW, I believe.

Thanks for the info man

TGfireandice: Larsson said that his decision on whether he plays in Sweden or North America will depend upon which team drafts him and that team's plans.

Now this quote just made me eliminate the guy from our list...the idea of loosing a 4th overall pick on a guy that possibly wont even play for us is just horrible.

Edit: Oh just realized that he was talking about his junior or AHL career (development) :giggle: (Feel real dumb.)

No award for the stupidest post of the year ? I think this one would be pretty high.

Edited by SS-SS, 23 June 2011 - 05:53 PM.

Posted Image

#25 soulartist23

soulartist23

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:52 AM

Hard to believe the day is finally here. Pretty stoked.
"You have to have fun, or you will be eaten alive by the pressure" -Scott Stevens
Posted Image in next season.

#26 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:58 AM

Larsson or Landeskog if one of the two is available, which I doubt either one will be, In which case I say Dougie Hamilton.
Posted Image

#27 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 02:20 AM

Stoked Draft Day is finally here! Will someone be making a Special GDT for it?
Posted Image Posted Image

#28 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 05:05 AM

Damn, I'm so excited !!!!! Draft Day !!! Been dreaming of this day since we've been eliminated :pray:
Posted Image

#29 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:08 AM

Merry christmas, fellas!

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#30 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:27 AM

Merry christmas, fellas!

Indeed :-) Should be a great day for the team!

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#31 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:43 AM

I really think the Devils trade down and trade the 4th overall with someone for something in the 6 - 10 overall range and a 2nd rounder unless exactly what they want is looking them in the face at the 4 pick.

This wouldn't surprise me at all. Unless Lou and Conte are absolutely in love with someone who'd only be available at 4, having a pick this high is a bargaining chip Lou rarely has. I could totally see Lou trading down once or even multiple times if it meant getting more 2nd and 3rd rounders and still landing a guy Conte feels very highly about.

It would be like 2008 when they started out with the 21st pick, traded down twice and ended up turning that one pick into Tedenby, Burlon and Urbom.

In Lou We Trust.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod, 24 June 2011 - 07:44 AM.

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#32 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:49 AM

Someone should make a GDT for the draft!

In Lou We Trust.

:koolaid:

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#33 bdubdevs

bdubdevs

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:00 AM

This wouldn't surprise me at all. Unless Lou and Conte are absolutely in love with someone who'd only be available at 4, having a pick this high is a bargaining chip Lou rarely has. I could totally see Lou trading down once or even multiple times if it meant getting more 2nd and 3rd rounders and still landing a guy Conte feels very highly about.

It would be like 2008 when they started out with the 21st pick, traded down twice and ended up turning that one pick into Tedenby, Burlon and Urbom.

In Lou We Trust.

I'd be happy with this. It seems like there could be lots of good value in the 8-10 range. Strome, Murphy, Zibanejad, Beaulieu. I'd expect at least 1 or 2 of them to still be around then. Maybe even Hamilton, who knows.

#34 Devil in Leaf Nation

Devil in Leaf Nation

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:26 AM

I don't know IF they are contemplating a trade down, but what struck me was TG had mentioned that STROME was the only 1 brought in for a 3rd interview, and the only 1 Lou sat in on!

Take that as you will, but to me that says they really like Strome and either a. making sure if they trade back he's the guy they want OR b. taking him @ 4!

DEVILS FAN FOR LIFE, DEATH TO LEAFS NATION! :horse:

:gd:

ACTUALLY, LL may have been there because he missed his 2nd interview...

AS PER TG.. Of the top prospects that were at today’s media availability (and were known to have second interviews with the Devils after the combine), center Ryan Strome was the only one who said he had another interview scheduled with the Devils tonight. It was to be his third with the team, but first that general manager Lou Lamoriello sat in on. For some reason, Lamoriello was not there for Strome’s second interview (and extra fitness testing) after the draft combine in Toronto.

Edited by Devil in Leaf Nation, 24 June 2011 - 08:29 AM.

#35 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,760 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:35 AM

I don't know IF they are contemplating a trade down, but what struck me was TG had mentioned that STROME was the only 1 brought in for a 3rd interview, and the only 1 Lou sat in on!

Take that as you will, but to me that says they really like Strome and either a. making sure if they trade back he's the guy they want OR b. taking him @ 4!

DEVILS FAN FOR LIFE, DEATH TO LEAFS NATION! :horse:

:gd:

ACTUALLY, LL may have been there because he missed his 2nd interview...

AS PER TG.. Of the top prospects that were at today’s media availability (and were known to have second interviews with the Devils after the combine), center Ryan Strome was the only one who said he had another interview scheduled with the Devils tonight. It was to be his third with the team, but first that general manager Lou Lamoriello sat in on. For some reason, Lamoriello was not there for Strome’s second interview (and extra fitness testing) after the draft combine in Toronto.

It wasnt his 3rd interview he was the only one who met lou yesterday cause he didnt get a chance before

www.SterioDesign.com

#36 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,012 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 08:38 AM

I am hearing the Avs love Landeskog, and with the Larsson not in the Panthers lans really, looks like there is a good chance Larsson drops to 4.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#37 Devil in Leaf Nation

Devil in Leaf Nation

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:34 AM

Well no matter what happens and who they draft 99% of us will still cheer and support our team.

My personal Top 5 would be...(in no particular order)
  • Larsson
  • Hamilton
  • Strome
  • Beaulieu
  • Scheifele
Now i don't have RNH, Landeskog or Huberdeau on my list because i believe they are gone Top 3. Also i don't have everyone's other man crush SC as i just don't trust his skating OR his combine results even taking his case of Mono in to account. All the guys i like have some size, skill and 2 way game and all fill a need position with skill. Mind you 3.4.and 5 i would trade back to add something, wouldn't take at 4.

Edited by Devil in Leaf Nation, 24 June 2011 - 09:38 AM.

#38 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:36 AM

Merry christmas, fellas!

Indeed! Summers are more and more fun with this team...first Kovy-gate, now this!

#39 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:42 AM

Only because I'm bored, but who would trade the 4th pick to Philly for their 8th pick and Bobrovsky?

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#40 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,094 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:44 AM

Only because I'm bored, but who would trade the 4th pick to Philly for their 8th pick and Bobrovsky?

No, and only because it's Philly. I'm a firm believer in not trading with your rivals.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users