1524 replies to this topic

#1081 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,366 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:39 AM

aging forward crew? gomez and gionta are the only major players over 30. well, and cole, but he's an addition. gomez is going to be better, too. yeah, i wouldn't bet against montreal this year, i don't think. i think they have a good shot at unseating boston and beating out buffalo.

If Ruff can get Buffalo gelled quick I feel they may take the division. A strong defensive coach, with a much improved defense along with Miller could be hell for teams all season. I have a hard time seeing Montreal pass Boston. All three teams have elite goaltending so it's hard to say.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#1082 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:49 AM

Can anyone provide a list of the remaining UFAs on the market?

#1083 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,735 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:01 AM

Can anyone provide a list of the remaining UFAs on the market?

http://capgeek.com/ufa_finder.php
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#1084 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:11 AM

http://capgeek.com/ufa_finder.php

I know we have a glut of forwards, and Parise isn't signed, so UFA talk as regards NJ is kinda pointless, but the only guys on the list that somewhat interest me are Anti Miettinen (I think he could be a good utility forward), and Vaclav Prospal, who might be available on the cheap, and a nice option for winger/centerman with some PP time. But like I said, we jammed at forward. Some dream of trading Rolston and/or Clarkson would have to occur before we signed anyone. We also have a lot of D chomping at the bit, but if we were to clear any space back there, or certain guys don't pan out in camp, Shane OBrien would be a nice option for the 5/6 pair.

#1085 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:30 AM

I know we have a glut of forwards, and Parise isn't signed, so UFA talk as regards NJ is kinda pointless, but the only guys on the list that somewhat interest me are Anti Miettinen (I think he could be a good utility forward), and Vaclav Prospal, who might be available on the cheap, and a nice option for winger/centerman with some PP time. But like I said, we jammed at forward. Some dream of trading Rolston and/or Clarkson would have to occur before we signed anyone. We also have a lot of D chomping at the bit, but if we were to clear any space back there, or certain guys don't pan out in camp, Shane OBrien would be a nice option for the 5/6 pair.

if we had some room and wre looking for a player to use who could chip in on the 4th line i would have an intrest in Stephen Bernier as a reclamation project. I think he would be a nice fit for our team.

I wonder why Jack Hillen hasn't signed anywhere yet,his numberes are respectable and as a 5th/6th guy would represent good value. Again though this really ins't an area the Devils need any additional players.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#1086 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,584 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:37 AM

miettinen signed in the KHL, so that's out.

ugh i can't stand shane o'brien. dumb penalties galore, plus didn't he have off-ice issues recently? i don't see a need for him, honestly.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1087 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:37 AM

miettinen signed in the KHL, so that's out.

ugh i can't stand shane o'brien. dumb penalties galore, plus didn't he have off-ice issues recently? i don't see a need for him, honestly.

fair enough.

#1088 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:00 AM

How about Kyle Wellwood? He showed he can hold his on with San Jose duting the playoffs. Seems like he's defensively responsible in his own end.

#1089 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,991 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:30 AM

I don't think there is a need for another signing. Both at forwards and defense we are filled with players who are locks and even more who could step in.

#1090 Bibby89

Bibby89

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:33 AM

I agree but just throwing some ideas out there while there is nothing else to talk about (coach, parise). Just trying to pass the time and keep some interest lol

#1091 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:34 AM

wellwood and the ironbound wouldn't mix. the arena is way too close to the all you can eat rodizio.

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#1092 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,366 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:40 AM

I was going through line combinations and we really need another right shot on the bottom two lines. A right handed center would be much better, I had our breakout being run through the right side for the most part. We have Kovalchuk, Palmieri, and Zajac as right handed shots up front. Our 3rd line most likely will have 3 left handed shots.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#1093 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:23 PM

Call me crazy because a lot of people are saying we are full but IMO I think we could really use depth @ RW. How about Evgeny Artukhin? I don't think he is playing for SKA anymore.

n2eg.jpg

#1094 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

Your crazy. Elias would never let Lou do this after the world cup.

Also, we have no money for anyone, especially if Salvador comes back.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#1095 insanity_gallops

insanity_gallops

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:35 PM

If Ruff can get Buffalo gelled quick I feel they may take the division. A strong defensive coach, with a much improved defense along with Miller could be hell for teams all season. I have a hard time seeing Montreal pass Boston. All three teams have elite goaltending so it's hard to say.

Probably stating the obvious in this discussion, but Montreal's blueline will be better this year, too, since Markov and Gorges will be healthy again. Although their winning percentages were about equal with and without Gorges in the lineup, he's vital to their defense. And clearly Markov should provide a boost from back there.

The fight for Northeast Division title should be highly competitive this season - with apologies to Ottawa and Toronto.

Sergei Brylin Award Winner: '04-'05, '05-'06
RD Avatar Award Winner: '05-'06, '06-'07, '07-'08, '09-'10

Thanks to LüZZo for the avatar!

"How can it be bullsh!t to state a preference?"

#1096 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:01 PM

Some people on Nj.com are jumping the gun and adding Brylin to the line-up because he wants to finish his 'career" with the Devils and go into coaching. I would like to have him back, he wouldn't ask for alot but i don't think he is coming back-_-

#1097 DevilinLA

DevilinLA

Trivia Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 05:45 PM

NO to Brylin - at any $$$.
NO to anyone who's ever been a Devil at this point.
Stop the nostalgia tour bus - it doesn't work.
Posted Image
Sole Keeper of Anton Volchenkov
Sole Keeper of Mike Mottau #27
Keeper of Bryce Salvador #24

#1098 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,584 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:47 PM

someone who was a devil is fine, brylin is not. the devils' journalists are going nuts trying to cook up a story, but i think brylin knows he can't play in the nhl anymore.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1099 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,212 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 07:54 PM

someone who was a devil is fine, brylin is not. the devils' journalists are going nuts trying to cook up a story, but i think brylin knows he can't play in the nhl anymore.

Well Brylin himself said he wants to play, that doesn't mean he can. Honestly, he was finished two years ago.

Bringing back ex-Devils as a whole don't exactly seem to work out that great, of course part of the inherent problem is they usually leave when they're at or just around their peak and come back later on after they're washed up.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1100 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:37 PM

invite him to the training camp .. we never know

0 user(s) are reading this topic