No replies to this topic

#1 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:00 PM

Tonight the brains of the NHL converge on the great state of Minnesota in hopes of finding their collective missing puzzle pieces. The 2011 NHL Entry Draft is the welcome wagon for the next wave of potential hockey stars. For the New Jersey Devils tonight’s draft is the silver lining to an otherwise dark season.

The task is simple, find a player that will improve upon the parts already in place.

The Devils are fast approaching Marty Brodeur’s final days between the pipes and winning now is as important as its ever been. Maybe even more so than ever. After all, why else open the vault to shovel money at Ilya Kovalchuk? This team has never been about one player. Its always been about the logo on the front and never about the name on the back. But, the organization as a whole realizes the NHL has changed for good. Since the lock out the Devils have been good but never dominant and have yet to have a sniff of playoff success. Gone are the days of clutching and grabbing and the 1-0 slugfest. Today’s NHL is fast, creative and smart. In order for the Devils to keep up and attempt to duplicate the success of the last decade and a half, they too must change. Tonight is their chance to do just that.

Tonight the New Jersey Devils become relevant again.

It’s a safe bet that New Jersey will use their pick to draft either a play-making center to compliment Kovalchuk or a puck moving defenseman to help quarterback their lack luster power play and add some fire power from the blue-line. The good news is this draft may have a player that could help fill one of those holes.

The Devils must address both of those needs tonight or risk blowing a chance to put themselves back into the NHL elite. This is an opportunity they can’t let slip away. My gut tells me they won’t.

Tonight will be fun to watch and I repeat tonight New Jersey becomes relevant again! Watch out NHL!

Tonight the Devils picks are numbers 4, 75, 99, 129, 159, 189. This could change should they swing a trade or two.Follow me on twitter! @westcoastdevfan

View the full article
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users