165 replies to this topic

#21 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:18 PM

My workout consists of doing bicep curls with navy destroyers. I follow that up with bench-pressing a skycraper. Anything less I cannot even break a sweat.

Hope that helps!

Nice!

I carb up DURING my workouts, reverse pyramids, which lately have been curling High Life's ... in bottles tyvm! Posted Image

If I am going low carb, ie Lite, I switch to cans to keep from burning thru all the fuel too fast.

I'll still do my Coors Banquet training when I'm looking to bulk up in the fall/winter. :evil:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#22 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:41 PM

i tried blackpowder and other NOS type craps and none of them really work. they're like 95% caffeine so why not just drink a pot of coffee. i don't really care how awesome your pumps are if they don't help you make actual gains in the power cage.

i am with DIG. creatine, fish oil, BCAAs.

the real secret to getting swole is eating though. every time you work out, eat three double cheeseburgers and 40 mcnuggets and you will achieve unimaginable gains.

edit: oh i see you are trending in the opposite direction. i don't know how to get unswole but i imagine it involves not eating three double cheeseburgers.

Edited by Nature's Minister, 08 July 2011 - 07:45 PM.

Is that a Japanese configuration?

#23 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:01 PM

i tried blackpowder and other NOS type craps and none of them really work. they're like 95% caffeine so why not just drink a pot of coffee. i don't really care how awesome your pumps are if they don't help you make actual gains in the power cage.

sh!t like M5 C4 and 1MR are just a thick gloopy wad of caffiene, but MP Assault is only 125 mg caffiene. I really like the pump I get out of it.

i am with DIG. creatine, fish oil, BCAAs.

the real secret to getting swole is eating though. every time you work out, eat three double cheeseburgers and 40 mcnuggets and you will achieve unimaginable gains.

edit: oh i see you are trending in the opposite direction. i don't know how to get unswole but i imagine it involves not eating three double cheeseburgers.

I've buffed up quite a bit since I started lifting... I'm trying to keep packing on the bulk while removing whatever little bit is left from the belly. I'm relatively new to all of this, so any suggestions you have from personal experience would be awesome.

If it's too personal, shoot me a PM or just don't answer at all, but you seem to know what you're talking about... do you mind if I ask you what your height, weight, %BF is? How often do you lift, and how hard to you go when you hit the gym?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#24 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,424 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:14 PM

man... just imgine -- there will come a time you have no time to work out. You go to bed at 9:30 because you're all tired and stuff... you work a sh!tty job all day but it's amusing enough and you have a family who needs you to do stuff for them and you have no time -- and you'd rather spend the free time you have sitting on your ass day dreaming about gettign some sort of physical excersize. Even parties -- you dont play touch football or pick up roller hockey -- you all gather and eat and drink and wish you were doing something physically active. And then when you have some spare time you go buy all sorts of camping & hiking equipment and then --- the next weekend when you plan to do something -- your furnace breaks down... your oil tank springs a leak.... your toilet bowl seal breaks and you have to reinstall the damm thing and then your back to that whole tired thing... lets have beer and go over to friends house and eat... wait wait no -- you invite everyone to your house to see the new crap you'll never have time to use.

then one day you shell out money to join a gym -- but then you never go for all the reasons stated above....

youth is wasted on the young.

I wonder if I had to earn a roll in the hay would fitness become a priority again?

Hmmmm......

you know and all I hear in my head is Bobby Holik with his big smartass mouth talking about how if it was really important i'd do something and clearly I'd rather complain than get off my ass..... :blahblah: :blahblah: I outta ask if anyone does THAT in the Devils news fix thread....

so... build your muscles while you can men. You;ll be big fatasses by the time you hit I'll say 45 because I'm not that big yet....

I'm here for the party

#25 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:32 PM

no it's cool.

6'1, ~240 pounds. i think i'm sitting somewhere between 12% and 15% body fat but i don't really measure that stuff - could be higher but i really doubt it's lower. the last time i had it measured was five or six (sh!t, come to think of it, prolly about eight) years ago and i was 170 pounds. as long as i keep a 36 inch waist i am happy, or i'd have to buy new pants.

gym 3-4 times per week depending on work schedule. i try to do like four or five months of low weight / high reps followed by the same time period of high weight / low reps. i can't say i always go hard, but i try to. it depends on how i feel. right now i am working on my first 550 pound deadlift!!!

i guess just try to keep carbs under control if you're trying to lose fat and you should be ok. eat a bunch of steaks with a bunch of fibrous vegetables, and wash it down with a porkchop blended into a protein shake. it is pretty hard to lose fat and gain muscle though. usually you end up losing fat and muscle, or gaining both. i don't like cardio so i don't do it, but if i had to do cardio i would probably do a whole bunch of tabata circuits and puke all over the gym.

Edited by Nature's Minister, 08 July 2011 - 08:52 PM.

#26 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,424 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:00 PM

at 6'1" I feel like you should and a size 36 pants.... 240 doesn't add up... if you had left out the 170 maybe...

My dad is a monster and at 6ft he'd be 218 in drop dead shape. When he's 230 he's a fatass. Honestly I dont think my dad was ever smaller than 38s...

My husband is smaller boned and 6'1" yeesh... he's ripped perfectly at 190. Maybe a little skinny but cute :uni: and 32 waist... at flabbyness now - he's 215 and 36 waist.

I'm not arguing. I just dont get it. In fitness mags ladies are always saying I'm 140 and 5'3"... it's just weird to me. In real life I have never seen such a thing :noclue: Do I have weird friends and family?

Post pics lol! :uni:

are you really 25? That makes perfect sense then I get it! at 170 you weren't in 36s! :evil:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 08 July 2011 - 09:04 PM.

I'm here for the party

#27 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:11 PM

it's mostly back and legs, i guess. i will post some pics of the powerlifting meet i attended at school when i'm back home and i have my laptop. right now the only pictures i have are from a wedding and my birthday party and i'd feel weird posting them here. my girlfriend is in all the shots. :D

oh, sorry. no, when i weighed 170, my waist size was dramatically smaller. 29. i could also see my ribs.

Edited by Nature's Minister, 08 July 2011 - 09:14 PM.

#28 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:19 PM

it's mostly back and legs, i guess. i will post some pics of the powerlifting meet i attended at school when i'm back home and i have my laptop. right now the only pictures i have are from a wedding and my birthday party and i'd feel weird posting them here. my girlfriend is in all the shots. :D

oh, sorry. no, when i weighed 170, my waist size was dramatically smaller. 29. i could also see my ribs.

Yeah, at 155 right now I wear a 28

Posted Image

#29 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:22 PM

i guess just try to keep carbs under control if you're trying to lose fat and you should be ok. eat a bunch of steaks with a bunch of fibrous vegetables, and wash it down with a porkchop blended into a protein shake. it is pretty hard to lose fat and gain muscle though. usually you end up losing fat and muscle, or gaining both. i don't like cardio so i don't do it, but if i had to do cardio i would probably do a whole bunch of tabata circuits and puke all over the gym.

I would vomit mercilessly if I ever actually put meat into a blender. Hell, I can't even putt eggs into a blender. Double hell, I can't even put penut butter into a blender. My lunch is usually a bowl of cucumbers and a big fruit+protein+yogurt smoothie.

That's what I've heard, unfortunately. Like, a lot of people told me to lose the rest of my fat I should stop lifting... but there isn't a chance in hell I'm going to actually stop lifting. So, I dunno.

Posted Image

#30 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:28 PM

i was kidding about the pork chop. just, you know, proteins.

it would be stupid to stop lifting. lifting burns more fat than cardio does. also if you were fat at one point, you might have a hard time getting that six pack if you have any loose skin at all. skip the cardio!!

or do tabata circuits

#31 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,424 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:29 PM

:lol: have someone else put meat into a blender for you!

lol - you dont really have to post pics. :blush: I'm not really a Mrs Robinson.

I'm here for the party

#32 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,946 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:30 PM

i was kidding about the pork chop. just, you know, proteins.

it would be stupid to stop lifting. lifting burns more fat than cardio does. also if you were fat at one point, you might have a hard time getting that six pack if you have any loose skin at all. skip the cardio!!

or do tabata circuits

I gotta look up tabata circuts haha, what the hell is it?

Posted Image

#33 Nature's Minister

Nature's Minister

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:32 PM

try doing like eight or ten front squats in thirty seconds, followed by ten seconds of rest, and do this seven times. put 90 pounds on the bar and you will puke. i promise.

#34 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,614 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:44 PM

I'm sorry, I have nothing productive to add to this thread (I'm basically Eric Cartman all grown up), I just had to chuckle at this line.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#35 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:55 AM

I've been taking 1 scoop of Jack3d pre-workout (thanks to a great recommendation by Martyisth3b3st) but today I upped it to 1.5 scoops because just one wasn't doing anything for me, and I felt great.. Had probably the best lift of my life!! Spent 2 hours at the gym and now I feel like I'm on crack but in a good way.. I could probably run for an hour now but I'm pretty sure I'd dehydrate in this heat

Btw if anyone needs lifting/workout advice, PM martyisth3b3st.. He knows what he is talking about :cheers:

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#36 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,424 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 01:58 PM

Jack3d those smilies are toasting with I'd bet!

I'm here for the party

#37 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:30 PM

...now I feel like I'm on crack but in a good way...

:rofl:

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#38 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:24 PM

I'm not really a Mrs Robinson.

Liar :D

I used to be ripped; then I was fat... now I'm getting back into shape.
Never took anything... just hard full body workouts. Currently I'm in MMA training with BJJ and general fitness...
When I was in HS/College; wrestling was all I needed... lol, all.

Edited by aylbert, 20 July 2011 - 07:25 PM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#39 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,908 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:12 PM

My weightlifting advice: You lift things up, then put them down.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#40 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:31 PM

My weightlifting advice: You lift things up, then put them down.

Best possible advice really, lol. Workout and eat right and you won't need the MuscleTech or crazy supplements.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users