141 replies to this topic

#21 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:17 PM

I think its Patty's. I don't think he's reluctant to do it anymore and with the influx of Europeans on our team that are really young, I think he has a great shot at relating to them well in that sort of position. The 2nd year can be frustrating for some players, so I think a strong presence like Patty will do well for guys like Josefson and Tedenby. I think it is eventually Zach's, but Patty has the seniority and his captain abilities were evident this year. I saw a lot of him gameplanning on the bench or discussing what happened a moment ago with players regularly.

However, if Patty did not want it and Zach did, it's clearly him. However, its not cut and dry right now considering the contract situation. If he's going to walk next year, I don't want him to be a captain. If Patty didn't want it and Zach was leaving, it'd clearly have to go to Kovy at that point.

#22 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:36 PM

Why do you add an accent mark on the e?

how the frick do you even do that if you wanted to?

:noclue:

He's from Quebec and I think his first language is French. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) The pronunciation of Parise probably leads him to believe it's spelled with an É rather than an E.

Many Canadian keyboards, especially those used in Quebec, have keys that allow you to type accented characters. (Wikipedia: Keyboard Layouts: Canadian French and Canadian Multilingual Standard)

Fun fact: You can do it in the US too if you change your keyboard mapping and can remember the key combinations to produce the accents. (Wikipedia: Keyboard Layouts: US-International)
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#23 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:09 PM

He's from Quebec and I think his first language is French. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.) The pronunciation of Parise probably leads him to believe it's spelled with an É rather than an E.

Many Canadian keyboards, especially those used in Quebec, have keys that allow you to type accented characters. (Wikipedia: Keyboard Layouts: Canadian French and Canadian Multilingual Standard)

Fun fact: You can do it in the US too if you change your keyboard mapping and can remember the key combinations to produce the accents. (Wikipedia: Keyboard Layouts: US-International)

Ya learn something every day!

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#24 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:34 PM

Everybody im sorry english isn't my first languague.. that why i put wrote parisé instead of parise ... i will correct myself

Edited by caron14, 04 July 2011 - 04:35 PM.

#25 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

Everybody im sorry english isn't my first languague.. that why i put wrote parisé instead of parise ... i will correct myself

Don't worry man. I too was putting and accent on the "E" before getting a little better in English and realizing that there was no accents in English :doh1:

Edited by SS-SS, 04 July 2011 - 04:38 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#26 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

Zack should be the Captain regardless of signing the long term contract this year or not. If he is only on for one, it is incentive for him, he gets to try it on and run the team and get drunk with it :koolaid: and sign the big contract later in / after the season. If he inks long term, then he is OBVIOUSLY THE guy. His work ethic is awesome and he digs in EVERY shift. He IS a role model, regardless of your age!

Why do you add an accent mark on the e?

how the frick do you even do that if you wanted to?

:noclue:

Oh fòólish pãdawàn. Só much tó léàrn still! Accénts aré fun. Nó? :whistling:

Fun fact: You can do it in the US too if you change your keyboard mapping and can remember the key combinations to produce the accents.

or use ALT codes. Posted Image

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#27 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:47 AM

I doubt any of us know who the true leaders of the team are in the locker room. I don't care if the C is on Rolston as long as the team plays hard and wins.
Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#28 Glane

Glane

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:41 PM

I would absolutely love Elias to be captain again. I hated that my favorite skater had it for a season, then had it taken from him so quickly.
However Elias said himself that he doesn't want the "C" again, since he's already been there.

After Langenbrunner left, he said he thought Parise should be the new captain, and Elias seconded that.
If the two of them agree, then so do I. I certainly wouldn't mind Zach as the new captain. He plays a strong game, of course, and could be even stronger in the locker room and in practices for all we know.

There are a few names I wouldn't mind having the "C" as well, but Parise is at the top.
There's also one skater I absolutely do not want to see with a "C", and that's Kovy.

Now don't get me wrong - I like Kovy. But I don't see him as Captain material. He plays a strong game (when he wants to apparently. Some of my friends endearingly call him "Trollvalchuk" do to his occasional sloppy play and occasional superb play), but I cannot see him as having what it takes to be a captain. He's a great player, but he's no Scott Stevens. I'm even upset that he has an "A". I feel like they gave it to him because of how much the club went through to get him for so long and his reputation, rather than him earning it.

#29 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 07:49 PM

I think it should be Mark Fraser due to the arbitration

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#30 AlienDev

AlienDev

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:05 PM

This is madness. Zach has to be our next captain, and hopefully announced on his re-signing as well.
Posted Image

#31 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:00 PM

bump

#32 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 01:17 PM

Keep the three A's

Parise
Kovalchuk
Elias

Just like last season.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#33 Otty Ott-Sauce

Otty Ott-Sauce

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:03 PM

C - KovalCup
A - KovalCup
A - KovalCup
KovalCup 2011-2025!

#34 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 06:15 PM

Keep the three A's

Parise
Kovalchuk
Elias

Just like last season.

No need for that.

If we really want to give it to Zach, I say we do it. What are we afraid of? Him leaving next year? So what? You give it to White and he's gone next year, too. Elias? His contract is up two years from now. So the "leaving" factor doesn't really play a big role here, IMO.

I bet it's either Zach or Patrik. I really wouldn't mind DeBoer naming Elias captain for the remainder of his career and then passing it to Parise when Patty hangs 'em up and we're sure Parise is still around, not quitting the Devils captain role for the Rangers money (how bad would it look if we gave it to him and he would don the blue next year? The thought itself is nauseating).

No to Kovalchuk serving as captain. We showed a lot of trust in this guy by letting him drag us through last summer and making him the best-paid Devil in history - adding the 'C' here would be a tad too much, and I think we have guys on our roster who look much more like captain material.

#35 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:08 PM

No need for that.

If we really want to give it to Zach, I say we do it. What are we afraid of? Him leaving next year? So what? You give it to White and he's gone next year, too. Elias? His contract is up two years from now. So the "leaving" factor doesn't really play a big role here, IMO.

I bet it's either Zach or Patrik. I really wouldn't mind DeBoer naming Elias captain for the remainder of his career and then passing it to Parise when Patty hangs 'em up and we're sure Parise is still around, not quitting the Devils captain role for the Rangers money (how bad would it look if we gave it to him and he would don the blue next year? The thought itself is nauseating).

No to Kovalchuk serving as captain. We showed a lot of trust in this guy by letting him drag us through last summer and making him the best-paid Devil in history - adding the 'C' here would be a tad too much, and I think we have guys on our roster who look much more like captain material.

I agree with most of that. I would love for Elias to be the Captain he is deff the most qualified/deserving for it. Kovalchuk doesnt deserve it at all. Maybe in a few seasons but not this season.

I would be more then happy with Elias taking it.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#36 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,382 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:46 PM

Elias is the only chocie
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#37 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,907 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:50 PM

Man, the Parise-as-captain bandwagon sure cleared off in a hurry.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#38 Ollie McKraut

Ollie McKraut

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:33 PM

I think it should be Mark Fraser due to the arbitration

agreed
Send us back to hell,
we've had out fill of heaven,
give us back our sins,
deadly one through seven

#39 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:42 PM

Zajac is a quiet leader on the ice. He plays hard and smart. scores a few goals here and there but is a great play maker, faceoff winner, and smart 2 way player. he is our #1 center because of that ,

the best captains isnt always goal scorers.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#40 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:02 AM

Still want Elias as Captain.
Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users