NHl 11 (Video Game)

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:50 AM

Take a deep breath hombre. He was saying if you win games 52-0 (on All-Star, which I don't believe for a second) it's probably time to push some sliders up and make the game tougher on yourself so it's more fun.

i hear push soliders up, how do i do that? I just load and play GM don't change anything but Diff to All star, Offsides to Off.

#22 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:57 AM

i hear push soliders up, how do i do that? I just load and play GM don't change anything but Diff to All star, Offsides to Off.

You do whatever you want man, but doing stuff like "turning offsides off" makes the game seem stupid to me. I don't enjoy beating a computer 6-0, I can't imagine how I would enjoy winning 50-0 because of cheapies and slappers. I like the realistic aspect of the game, I play it for the 4-4 late in the third period games against division rivals, where I know joining in the rush with Greene could mean an odd-number going the other way but I try it anyway and set up a sick goal. I love stuff like that.

The "sliders" are in advanced gameplay settings... but you have no need to mess with those until you're on superstar. When you can routinely beat the cpu on superstar, you go to "CPU Difficulty Adjustment" slider and crank it up a few notches.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#23 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:00 PM

Thanks I'll up it and get better. Do get tired of getting of winning 50-0 I literally make every shot I take.

#24 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:53 PM

Anyone know why when I play online it seems like the other guy's players can skate faster than mine? Jeeze I can never get a breakaway because they always catch up to me.. I know about and use turbo by clicking the left joystick but even when I use it they still catch up to me
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#25 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,825 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:00 PM

Online problem?

Blame the lag. :giggle:

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#26 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:12 PM

Anyone know why when I play online it seems like the other guy's players can skate faster than mine? Jeeze I can never get a breakaway because they always catch up to me.. I know about and use turbo by clicking the left joystick but even when I use it they still catch up to me

Breakaways are tough as hell to get in the game. When you're skating with the puck, a defenseman is almost 1.5x faster than you are -- it doesn't matter if you're using Parise or Callahan or someone else fast. The cool thing about the game is that you really need to vizualize the play before it happens to get big chances like that. For example, if a guy is passing back to the D, take a forechecker and skate towards the D holding the "poke" button (RB on 360) the whole time. Every so often, you catch it at the right time and catch the D flat footed. If you're in front of everyone, you need to use the L button like it's your job. use it until you're about to make your move on the goalie. That's the only way you'll win a race down ice.

The best breakaway move, I've found, is parise's backhand top shelf. It's kinda tricky to do, but if you practice and get good at it you'll score 9 out of every 10 breakaways... click right thumbstick, push the puck to your backhand and OUT (you'll notice if you play often that there if you get the right thumbstick at the right angle, he'll push the puck out in front of him on his backhand), hold down left trigger to target the corner, and backhand it short-side. Wicked awesome goal. Sick looking, too.

Posted Image

#27 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:16 PM

Thanks man.. Glad to hear that D are supposed to be faster.. I kept wondering why Zach wasn't fast enough to out skate one
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#28 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:29 PM

Thanks man.. Glad to hear that D are supposed to be faster.. I kept wondering why Zach wasn't fast enough to out skate one

Just like you'll see in real life... when a player has a shot at a breakaway when he's just about in line with the D when he takes off, he throws the puck up ice to outskate them

Posted Image

#29 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,825 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:40 PM

Just to add to what's being discussed, the game actually has a function that allows you to throw the puck up slightly to out skate defenders. On the xbox it's left trigger, I believe (when you have the puck obviously)

Sorry if everyone already knows this and I look like a complete fool :lol: but I think that helps negate the speed difference between a defender and puck carrier.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#30 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:45 PM

Just to add to what's being discussed, the game actually has a function that allows you to throw the puck up slightly to out skate defenders. On the xbox it's left trigger, I believe (when you have the puck obviously)

Sorry if everyone already knows this and I look like a complete fool :lol: but I think that helps negate the speed difference between a defender and puck carrier.

Heh yeah we've both mentioned that.

I know about and use turbo by clicking the left joystick but even when I use it they still catch up to me

If you're in front of everyone, you need to use the L button like it's your job. use it until you're about to make your move on the goalie. That's the only way you'll win a race down ice.

Posted Image

#31 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:01 PM

Superstar hard but my Darren Dreger goalie is still good, I still win just not scoring as much -_-

#32 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:55 PM

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#33 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 837 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:48 PM

Just finished a season on Be A GM in NHL10. I choose the Blues and decided for a fantasy draft(what the hell). Kovalchuk led my team and the league with about 120 points and I went about 45 and 37 on all-star simming the majority of games. I drafted a decent group including Kovy, Boyle, Biseka, Havlat, Giroux, Nieds, and Shanny. At deadline day I was given an amazing deal of Hossa for Bieska! First round just started versus the Preds.

Things NHL12/NHL13...GET RID OF THORNE! Or as said before introduce some new announcers or be able to play on a NBC/Versus/TSN type broadcast.

And try to get ratings a bit more realistic.

#34 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:53 PM

If anyone wants to play me online (NHL 11 on 360) just add me and I'll teach you a thing or two. ;) Gamertag: KetchupInMyShoe

Edited by iamtheprodigy, 08 July 2011 - 06:54 PM.

#35 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:19 AM

I also feel like Pro is to easy to beat in 10 but All-star is a HUGE step up.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#36 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:55 AM

I also feel like Pro is to easy to beat in 10 but All-star is a HUGE step up.

play 3 or 4 gamesat all-star until you give up. the "pace" of the game is much different when ou play all-star/superstar. i think it's awesome.

Posted Image

#37 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:35 PM

No takers on 360? I'll go easy on you... :evil: On a semi-related note, anyone on 360 play EASHL? It's the only game mode I've never really played since I don't know many other people that play online very often.

#38 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:08 PM

No takers on 360? I'll go easy on you... :evil: On a semi-related note, anyone on 360 play EASHL? It's the only game mode I've never really played since I don't know many other people that play online very often.

Just sent you a friend request on XBL (my GT is Colin26).. I play a lot, so we can do battle often
Posted Image

#39 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:59 AM

add me, goDUKE4, and it's onnn

Posted Image

#40 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:39 PM

Hey anyone know how on : Be a GM, Season, Playoff(s) you guys got Josefson and/or Fayne? I start out from scratch on there and Albany does not have those 2 in their Roster.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users