• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SteveStirling

SteveStirling

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:34 AM

The war of words between the Los Angeles Kings and Edmonton Oilers got taken up a notch Monday, after Oilers GM Steve Tambellini blasted his L.A. trade partners for giving them an elderly, overpaid man instead of Ryan Smyth.

“I know Ryan Smyth. He played here for years and was incredibly popular,” Tambellini said. “You think I’m going to be fooled by this millionaire bag of bones they sent over?  I invested with Bernie Madoff, I know a sound investment when I see it and this ain’t it.”

The tirade comes days after Kings GM Dean Lombardi all-but called Tambellini a liar for sending him a broken-down Colin Fraser in part of a trade for Smyth.

“When I showed up at Lombardi’s yard sale, he assured me that Ryan Smyth was in “near-mint” condition and any nics or scratches could easily be buffed out,” Tambellini continued. “He also claimed he was only more expensive because hockey players are like wine, so he had matured with age.”

Tambellini admitted he should of known not to trust someone for Los Angeles.

“These are the same soulless denigrates that told us Martin Gelinas was totally as good as Wayne Gretzky.”

In other Kings news, newly acquired center Mike Richards is already settling in to his new, sunnier surroundings.  Last weekend, he accused the Los Angeles media of making stuff up and pledged not to do any further interviews after several publications suggested he “enjoyed playing in the Mad Max pit of human existence that is the city of Philadelphia.”

View the full article on Intent To Blow

#2 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:13 AM

Wow drama between the two teams. It was wrong to send an undercover injured player to them without letting them know.

#3 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:05 AM

Oh dear. I see you haven't heard of Intent to Blow. It's a hockey humor site run by a few NJDevs folks:

http://intenttoblow.com/about/

In other words, that was not a serious article.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#4 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:56 AM

Maybe it was just too subtle? :giggle:

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users