27 replies to this topic

#21 bekim

bekim

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:46 AM

Shame how things went with Brylin. If Lou had to do it again, he'd prob keep Brylin over Pandolfo, or dump both of them at the time instead. Although, I'm not sure how dumping the two longest serving Devils would sit in the locker room. But his time is done. There is no room here.

Disagree with "how things went down." At the time, Lou knew they didn't really see Sarge in the plans, or that they didn't have room to keep him, or just needed a change... and Sarge decided that instead of trying to do a 1 year deal with NJ, it was a better option for him and his family to sign in the KHL for multiple years. As one of my favorite devils, it sucked, but I don't think Lou handled it badly. Yes, I'd have rather kept Brylin than any number of random utility signings, but that's just how it goes sometimes. At the time, it seemed to make sense to change things up a bit.

As for this coming season, yeah... I just don't see the room. We're not going to tell impressive rookies/sophomores "no" to fit in Sarge. But I certainly wouldn't mind Sarge centering the 4th line if NJ did find some way to dump a few forwards via trade. That said, I like Pelley on the 4th and he deserves his time, and we also have Steckel too, so, probably ain't gonna happen.

#22 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:03 AM

I think the way Brylin was handled was far better than the way Pandolfo was handled.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#23 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,885 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:02 PM

I thought this describe my feelings best...

He didn't fit 3 years ago, he doesn't fit now. I love the guy and all he did, but his time here as a player has passed. Now, if he can magically teach heart and determination to these kids, we're in business.

until I read this....

I love Sarge... But absolutely no fvcking way in hell.

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#24 elias2600

elias2600

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,793 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:43 PM

I think the way Brylin was handled was far better than the way Pandolfo was handled.

Agreed, except that Pandolfo got injured and basically became a liability, as he was never the same. Lou made a move to improve the club (which is his job) by buying him out, even if the way it went down is not ideal.

#25 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,276 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 12:58 PM

Sorry sarge, it's time to play a rookie

We already have a Russian forward who tries to singlehandedly stickhandle through three or four defenders at a time several times per game.

I know, zharkov really needs to stop trying...

Edited by Devilsfan118, 14 July 2011 - 12:58 PM.

rsz_2ru-uc9709.jpg

Rutgers:  The Birthplace of College Football

First B1G Season: 7-5

#26 puckrock

puckrock

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:43 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu6Vcj2FKbY&feature=fvst

God I miss that goal horn.
This is my 2012 Playoff signature.

#27 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

:evil: :w00t:
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#28 Z-ZPop1915

Z-ZPop1915

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 07:24 AM

No way. This team is moving forward with the youth. Love Sarge to death but cmon. Lets not go down this road.
LETS GO DEVILS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users