No replies to this topic

#1 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,972 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:01 AM

The New Jersey Devils and General Manager Lou Lamoriello announced on Friday they have signed defeceman Adam Larsson, their first round pick and fourth overall to a 3 year entry level contract.

Larsson received the maximum of 925k. If he makes the NHL roster that figure would be the cap hit. Lamoriello also said the contract does not include any individual performance bonuses but did include a signing bonus. Lamoriello clarified that he does not believe in any individual bonuses for entry level players and Larsson agreed. Lamoriello was impressed with the young Swedish defenseman’s desire to be a New Jersey Devil. To be honest I am too. He seems like a great kid.

The news ends a relatively quiet week for the Devils who were business as usual. This past week The team held their summer prospect camp which included such notables as Jacob Josefson, Matt Taormina and of course Larsson. Mattias Tedenby did not attend the camp due to visa issues.

Lamoriello said the team would not have a coach in place until after the camp but a replacement for Jacques Lemaire could come as soon as next week.

Former head coach and current assistant coach Larry Robinson has been running the drills with help from former Devils Scott Stevens and Sergei Brylin.

Lamoriello his conference call by saying he expects all of the team’s restricted free agents that didn’t file for arbitration to either be signed or qualified by end of day Friday.

It looks like the summer is going to start heating up for the Devils. Once the coaching vacancy is filled I expect more dominoes to fall. Stay tuned!

Follow me on twitter! @westcoastdevfan

View the full article
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users