56 replies to this topic

#21 Maddog

Maddog

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:46 AM

What has he been doing the past almost 2 years since he was let go from the Pens? I'm asking because I have no idea.

He's been working for Minnesota as a scout.

http://www.hockeywil...ut-for-the-wild

MDD_zpsbc48401d.png

#22 USC09

USC09

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 08:50 AM

I am pretty sure Lou still does not have a Plan A. And why would you listen to Mark (N)Єverson, he exaggerates sh!t. Training Camp opens Friday, September 16th, so the latest a coach can be named is that Thursday, so maybe Lou will wait til then whatever his excuse might be. But if it mean that Parise will be signed to an extension, I will certainly be ok with him stretching the search into late summer. I would not be surprised if Lou is coaching the team, maybe he is not impressed with anyone.

Edited by USC09, 19 July 2011 - 09:03 AM.

#23 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,826 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:16 AM

I know there's millions of things going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, but Lou comes off as incredibly indecisive and lost if he's still waiting on Lemaire. And even worse if his back-up plan is Therrien.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#24 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:18 AM

I know there's millions of things going on behind the scenes that we don't know about, but Lou comes off as incredibly indecisive and lost if he's still waiting on Lemaire. And even worse if his back-up plan is Therrien.

Therrien obviously isn't my first choice but I would feel better knowing he's Lou's first choice and he was confident an went out and got the guy. That doesn't seem to be happening though.

#25 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:42 AM

When do we start to panic ? I don't think Lemaire or Therrien are acceptable at this point. Hiring Lemaire would be pathetic while hiring Therrien would be one of the dumbest move to do when DeBoer, Hitch etc etc are out there.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#26 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,948 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:46 AM

Wheres Hitch?

#27 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 09:58 AM

No one's really mentioning DeBoer either... he would be a good choice for someone that will be here in a few years too.

#28 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,497 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:05 AM

I still hope it's Carbo. I just don't get what is taking so long and why Lou has no problem saying it's close but then nothing happens.

Strickland seems to think Carbo believes he still has a shot even though he hasn't been interviewed

http://truehockey.co...eau-to-Join-RDS

Sources close to former Montreal Head Coach Guy Carbonneau tell me he will likely be broadcasting this coming season if he can't land an NHL Head Coaching job. Considering there is only one job opening it appears there's a good chance he'll be providing commentary on RDS.

Carbonneau has not been formally interviewed for the opening in New Jersey

If he believed there was no chance then he'd just join RDS now, if true.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#29 bolts

bolts

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:39 AM

Therrien obviously isn't my first choice but I would feel better knowing he's Lou's first choice and he was confident an went out and got the guy. That doesn't seem to be happening though.

Not sure who the options are for a coach hitchcock is out there if i am not mistaken. Ted Nolan is out there not sure what everyones thoughts are on him. To fit in with the Devils and what they have built in the past years will need a defensive minded coach. Also need a coach that realizes that kovy need to be allowed to free wheel to be an effective player.

#30 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,848 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:41 AM

Waiting for Lemaire is the only plausible reason for the delay at this point.

The Thieren part, well who knows.
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#31 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,964 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:45 AM

:doh1: :doh1: :doh1: :doh1:

sighh.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#32 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:47 AM

IDK. This whole summer I just figured we were waiting for Lemaire to be named "the next" head coach.

Edited by ben00rs, 19 July 2011 - 10:47 AM.

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#33 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:56 AM

All of this makes sense to me.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#34 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:00 AM

Lemaire says Lou isn't trying to convince him to com back per TG twitter.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#35 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:04 AM

Love Lemaire but I think it looks bad waiting around for him.

#36 skeeter

skeeter

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:10 AM

I was told the only reason Jacques agreed to come back last year was if Lou kept his hands off the team and let him run things his way. In case anyone didn't notice, Moose started games even when Marty was healthy enough to start and the lines weren't juggled nearly as much.
gallery_47_36_882.png
Keeper of Mike Miller's cracking voice
Keeper of Claude the trumpet guy
Keeper of Slapshot the fondlin' mascot

#37 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:12 AM

I don't care if the Devils are the only gig in town for Therrien...I'd be pretty unmotivated going in if I knew I was Plan B. Really hope this is all untrue.
Posted Image Posted Image

#38 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,405 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:17 AM

I don't care if the Devils are the only gig in town for Therrien...I'd be pretty unmotivated going in if I knew I was Plan B. Really hope this is all untrue.

Eh I'm sure Therrien would be happy to get an NHL job and try and do his best at it, especially since it'd be his last chance. Problem is if he really is the 'second' choice (which is obvious) you've basically immasculated the head coach before he's had a chance to speak to the team. Not that Lou ever lets his coaches get free rein anyway but still.

I don't know about the only plausible reason (getting Eaves out of Wisconsin I suppose could be another), just the most unimaginative which is what this is on Lou's part, if true.

This would be asinine in so many ways I'd probably climb aboard the fire/retire Lou bandwagon if it is true. And the Post hasn't been half bad when it comes to actually breaking Devils-related news (the Langs injury in the playoffs, Sutter leaving, the $100 million offer to Kovy).
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#39 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,283 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:18 AM

The Thieren part, well who knows.

The fact he's doing this is unbelievable to me. Lou must have one hell of a conviction if he's really trying this sh!t with Lemaire again. The fact is, Lou knows he's gone soon (maybe after this season, who knows) and I think he wants to take one more shot with Marty in net and Lemaire behind the bench, knowing he won't have to hire the next long-term coach. It's the only reason I can think of as to why he would pull something like this.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#40 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,497 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:19 AM

I don't care if the Devils are waiting for Lemaire if he's their first choice. I also don't care how the waiting looks to fans.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users