#81 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:34 AM

its time for daneyko to do play by play :whistling:

His pace would be a disaster. I know you're joking about play by play, but he speaks to slowly to do color. I'd like to see him do more in between periods/interviews, because he knows his sh!t, but I don't want him doing game work.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#82 Matteau#32

Matteau#32

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:36 AM

Emerick is by far the best play-by-play man in all of sports. Always love the different verbs he comes up with and his use of fractions during games.

Edited by Matteau#32, 21 July 2011 - 11:37 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#83 DevilzFan

DevilzFan

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:36 AM

Edit: Gary Thorne, anyone? :rolleyes:

Been there done that. Gary Thorne and Peter McNab were our broadcast team for a few years in the early 90's.

McNab was the best color guy we ever had.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
"All I know of you is what you have told me........
You are a thief.......
In the world I live in that makes you a sub standard low life worthless to mankind scum bag.......
Sort of like Claude (Lemieux)......" -TOESAVE

Owner/Admin - Cobra Island

#84 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,586 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:46 AM

well at least TG is reporting that no successor has been named, so there's a chance it won't be cangelosi. although hopefully it's not loubardias.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#85 Rock

Rock

The News Master

• Members
  • 11,569 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:46 AM

Good for Doc, Sad for us. Really amazing broadcaster. One of my favorite Doc moments from the past couple of years was when during a Flyers-Devils he was doing pbp for the numbers on the ice with the corresponding players from 20 years ago. He did it for a few shifts too!

Thanks Doc, for the memories. Enjoy your "new" job.
Hockey is life, the rest is just details.

#86 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:48 AM

What is all this love for Matty? He is terrible and boring as watching paint dry. He also misses a lot of plays and cannot seem to get a grasp of the action going on.

My main beef with him is so many times during a game he will raise his voice when a good scoring chance is occurring, but then when the shot is taken he slows down and it takes him an eternity to let you know if it was a goal or if the goalie covered the puck. At least when the home team scores you can hear the goal horn before he tells you it was a goal, but if it's the away team you have no idea.

"Here comes Crosby on a breakaway, GOES TO THE BACKHAND, SHOOTS....OHHH...and.....it.......goes........off..........the........post...........and...........in..........the..........................................net."
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#87 Beck27

Beck27

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:48 AM

Sad to hear...hands down the best there is. At least if the team makes it deep into the playoffs, hearing his voice calling a Devils game again will be all the more sweeter.

For sentimental reasons...Mike Miller anyone?

#88 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:51 AM

Lemaire anyone?
Posted Image

#89 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,608 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:51 AM

Wow. I kinda sorta called this, but I still didn't expect it. I say this not to toot my own horn, but because I hate being right sometimes. :(

No matter who takes over, we are bound to hate him as that person will always be compared to, and will never be able to live up to, the bar which was set so incredibly high by Doc.

B-I-...

That being said, if Cango could speed up his pbP a tad and fill in more descriptive calls. All the while learning how to control Chicos ramblings he won't be so bad. There are much worse announcers out there.

...-N-G-O. We have become so spoiled as Devils fans. Not only do we take the best for granted, we also have very little concept of just how ordinary everyone else is.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#90 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,867 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:54 AM

"Here comes Crosby on a breakaway, GOES TO THE BACKHAND, SHOOTS....OHHH...and.....it.......goes........off..........the........post...........and...........in..........the..........................................net."

:lol: :lol:

That is EXACTLY the same problem I have with him. He drags out exciting plays for such a long time

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#91 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,871 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

:lol: :lol:

That is EXACTLY the same problem I have with him. He drags out exciting plays for such a long time

Still better than Matty where he is talking calmly and then all of the sudden I hear horns and the crowd cheering and then he goes " and the puck is in goal for the Devils" about 10 seconds after the crowd is going nuts.

#92 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:57 AM

well at least TG is reporting that no successor has been named, so there's a chance it won't be cangelosi. although hopefully it's not loubardias.

maybe we can hope that the red bulls need a permanent announcer

#93 Scottie2Hottie

Scottie2Hottie

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 11:59 AM

Posted Image Deb Placey (unofficial)
Posted Image

#94 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:00 PM

Good for him, he deserves it hes a class act.....however.....NOW WERE STUCK WITH fvckING STEVE!? sh!t!

I dont know what it will be like actually watching a full season without his excitement. He was always a huge part of the Devils for me growing up.

The sad part is if I actually sit here and think about it, I could get a little upset.

Edited by Quinn01, 21 July 2011 - 12:05 PM.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#95 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:02 PM

First of all Thanks Doc for the many seasons of enjoyment. Best wishes with the future.

Now I don't have a problem with Steve C if he takes that position. It's Chico I can't stand. He will be worse than when he was with Doc and that was really bad. Then there is the replacement of Steve C. Do I think it could be Dano and Christin Simpson,OH NO. That will be tough to take. I don't want Matt Laughlin to be any part of this.

#96 ClarkyDano23

ClarkyDano23

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:02 PM

Randy Velischek might be an interesting replacement for Chico, but I think he is a little too subdued for TV.

Man, I miss Mike Miller(hint, hint MSG?) and Randy Velishcek on the radio(and John Hennessey was good too). Of course I'll miss Doc the most. Still remember meeting him the morning of Game 7 against Anaheim. It's gonna be so different next year
-CD23

"Not one camera, not one reporter. But, guess what? If that kid was hurt, I woulda had everyone in that friggin building in front of my face. Isn't that true? But guess what, no one's hurt, so there's nothing to write about."
-Scott Stevens regarding both, his hit in Game 4 on Sami Kapanen during Round 1 against the Hurricanes in 2001, and the media looking for something to write about

My Youtube Page! - http://www.youtube.com/McKay4429061

My Devils Photos! - http://www.flickr.co...57602625649087/

http://www.pokerroad.com

#97 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:04 PM

I don't believe it. This must be some kind of horrible nightmare.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#98 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:05 PM

Still better than Matty where he is talking calmly and then all of the sudden I hear horns and the crowd cheering and then he goes " and the puck is in goal for the Devils" about 10 seconds after the crowd is going nuts.

Haha yea but at least then you hear the horn and know it's a goal. When it's the away team you are left completely in the dark until he decides to stop withholding information and finally tells you what happened.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#99 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:08 PM

I just cried a little bit!

Since i have pretty much seen every Devils game with Doc's presence it feels like i am losing the person who i go to games with.

Can we trade Parise to NBC to get him back?

Its sad because he called it like a fan, he was, and always will be part of the franchise.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#100 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,103 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:09 PM

I hope they go outside for a replacement, but please- no Thorne. He hasn't been any good in 20 years.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users