#101 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,001 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:30 AM

Yeah, I heard he won't even be ready to practice til October

Apparently the Eagles feel he's only going to miss a couple of games. So someone's doctors are gonna be way off :P And fwiw the Giants use the same HSS doctors as the Mets do, and they've been cursed with injuries and re-injuries...

I actually feel for Coughlin, the Giants really aren't giving him a fair chance to have a good season with his job on the line, maybe last year as a coach. It's like they've turned into the Mets and the Eagles the Phillies.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 11 August 2011 - 11:32 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#102 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,961 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 02:31 PM

Jerricho Cotchery has signed a one-year deal with Pittsburgh.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#103 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,291 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:14 AM

I think Hines Ward is starting to wear thin with Pittsburgh's owners after the DUI. Plus he's 35 years old and slowing down.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#104 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,961 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:02 AM

I think Hines Ward is starting to wear thin with Pittsburgh's owners after the DUI. Plus he's 35 years old and slowing down.

Hines Ward is a fvcking douche. I can't stand that guy.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#105 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:04 AM

preseason or not it was nice to see some football last night. It was even nicer to see someone on the sidelines not afraid to take a little risk in a meaningless game. Bum jr would've went for the tie...and with his luck Buehler would've missed it and we would've lost...haha!
'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#106 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,291 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:09 AM

Hines Ward is a fvcking douche. I can't stand that guy.

No argument here.

preseason or not it was nice to see some football last night. It was even nicer to see someone on the sidelines not afraid to take a little risk in a meaningless game. Bum jr would've went for the tie...and with his luck Buehler would've missed it and we would've lost...haha!

Agreed. I dropped all my sports packages after the finals. Fortunately, ESPN is on basic. Even though two crappy teams played, it was great to sit and watch sports again.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#107 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,502 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:01 PM

I'm very upset by this trade of Lee Evans to the Ravens for a 4th Round Pick.....the Ravens have actually stepped out of the dark ages of wide receivers and actually have someone who can hit home runs and stretch the defense down the field, I'm going to have to actually work to mock them this year it seems :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#108 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,291 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:25 PM

I'm very upset by this trade of Lee Evans to the Ravens for a 4th Round Pick.....the Ravens have actually stepped out of the dark ages of wide receivers and actually have someone who can hit home runs and stretch the defense down the field, I'm going to have to actually work to mock them this year it seems :P

Good luck with your endeavors. I love this trade.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#109 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,502 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:27 PM

Good luck with your endeavors. I love this trade.

This trade is good for the Ravens and a step towards offensive enlightenment in Baltimore...hence why I am upset by this....read the post next time oh Manta-Vision! B )

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#110 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:35 PM

I enjoy Manta's views as much as the next guy, but do you ever lay off? Honestly, it's like you have a crush on the dude. Zoikes, scoob.

Also, the trade is great. Lee Evans is going to give Joe Flacco quite a target. I'm still confused by the Mason move, though. you don't have to be a Raven fan to see how much he meant to that recieving corps. Quietly one of the better recievers in the AFC over the past few years.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#111 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,502 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:58 PM

I enjoy Manta's views as much as the next guy, but do you ever lay off? Honestly, it's like you have a crush on the dude. Zoikes, scoob.

Also, the trade is great. Lee Evans is going to give Joe Flacco quite a target. I'm still confused by the Mason move, though. you don't have to be a Raven fan to see how much he meant to that recieving corps. Quietly one of the better recievers in the AFC over the past few years.

Wait...like you should talk on here.....seriously :unsure::blink:

I said it's a good fraking move, what the hell else do you want???

#112 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,291 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:58 PM

Kid, your starting to grow on me.

I am mere a victim of the "Crasher Crush". He can't really write anything or participate in any activities without paying homage to me. He named his "Fantasty" team after me last year. :dance:

But in regards to the trade, we really didn't need him last season as our receiver corp was very strong, but because we are a designed more for the run and Flacco is still learning how to read defenses we haven't been able to play to our receiver strength. After losing Mason (which still baffles me), getting Evans was a great move by Ozzie.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#113 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,001 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

Oh please, Manta's a big boy - he invites this back and forth with CRASHER :lol: Plus, he does the same thing with Clown and the Bills, it's entertaining trash talk.

Funny how CRASHER gets on Rex for doing the same thing though...but I guess he can't this year now that his brother's coaching the D.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 12 August 2011 - 04:43 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#114 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,291 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:46 PM

Oh please, Manta's a big boy - he invites this back and forth with CRASHER :lol: Plus, he does the same thing with Clown and the Bills, it's entertaining trash talk.

Funny how CRASHER gets on Rex for doing the same thing though...but I guess he can't this year now that his brother's coaching the D.

Certainly makes FF a lot more entertaining.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#115 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,001 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:35 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if they did get rid of him but even if that happened Cotchery's STILL behind Wallace and Sanders at WR at best - and behind Miller in the pass catching pecking order as well. He really overestimated his value as it turned out (Braylon too for that matter), heck he would have had more of a chance to play here if Plax does wind up on the shelf.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 12 August 2011 - 09:36 PM.

#116 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 09:44 PM

Wait...like you should talk on here.....seriously :unsure::blink:

I said it's a good fraking move, what the hell else do you want???

Haha, it's the 2011 NFL thread. Just because I'm not in your little FFL cult anymore doesn't mean I give up on watching the sport :thumbsup:

I dunno, it's just annoying that the only time you seem to post now it's either "Mantablock!!!!!!!!! :P :P " or "Manta-vision!!!!!!!! :P :P ". Just an observation. Don't mind me.

EDIT: Oh and, uh, go Cowboys? Granted, it was only a preseason game, butHarris impressed me last night. Yeah, there were the 2 TD's and there's nothing not to like about a 4th-and-goal TD catch with 20 seconds to go to take the lead, but he was making the smaller plays too. He seems shifty and damn smart. I think he's got a great shot at making the squad. Regardless, I really think the 3rd WR spot is Ogletree's to lose.

Also, Leanoye (sp?) Miller looked like ass yesterday. Hopefully that'll put to rest some of the "let's keep him and cut Choice!" sh!t the Dallas media has been spewing.

Edited by Martyisth3b3st, 12 August 2011 - 10:03 PM.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#117 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,502 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:02 PM

Actually it's already started to piss me off....I'd also love it lots if he'd leave that alien living in his stomach at home....it's kinda gross to look at :P

(yes I mean ROB Ryan)

#118 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,001 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:39 PM

So no thoughts about Emperor Goodell pushing Vick to go to Philly? I'm starting to agree with the anti-player viewpoint on this guy, he just puts his hands on too many things. When has any commissioner ever influenced a player transaction aside from the occasional wink, wink lottery fix? That's not his perview.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 18 August 2011 - 05:41 PM.

#119 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 5,056 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:06 PM

So no thoughts about Emperor Goodell pushing Vick to go to Philly? I'm starting to agree with the anti-player viewpoint on this guy, he just puts his hands on too many things. When has any commissioner ever influenced a player transaction aside from the occasional wink, wink lottery fix? That's not his perview.

You know what, as much as I hate the Eagles and wish Vick was exiled in Buffalo, he did what was best for Vick. First of all, he didn't force him to Philly, ultimately it was his decision. Secondly, it's been strongly hinted that Tony Dungy had a large part in Vick's ultimate destination. But Philadelphia made sense for Vick in retrospect. A stable organization that doesn't have the locker room distractions that Cincy and Buffalo did (remember, this was during the TO era) where he could quietly become an acceptable member of society. It worked. I disagree with a lot of Goodell's moves, but to say that he "pushed" Vick to Philly is simplifying the scenario too much out of hate.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#120 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,001 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:39 PM

Tony Dungy is one thing, he's not affiliated with any team but he doesn't have to be impartial or have power he can arbitrarily use. It's not the commisioner's job to play Father Flanigan. And why would Vick listen to him if he didn't want to go to Philly (which he himself admitted then went back on later), was Goodell threatening him with suspension if he didn't? It wouldn't shock me if that's what happened given how much Goodell likes to control everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users