#281 Joe B

Joe B

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:41 PM

deleated because it's the wrong thread

Edited by Joe B, 29 July 2011 - 06:43 PM.

Joe

#282 SeanMac16

SeanMac16

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:45 PM

good ish haha cant wait for the season guhh!!

#283 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,665 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:06 PM

how is not getting cap space a good thing? and yeah, the guy should just quit his job because lou has never had financial concerns at the forefront of his job. have you completely forgotten the mcmullen years or do you just like pretending they don't exist?

Lou's spent when he's wanted to spend and didn't spend when he didn't want to...before the lockout you could keep players a lot longer and lowball them on contracts for several years. Especially when you had a much deeper farm system and can boot a Brendan Morrison cause you had other guys like Elias, Sykora, Madden, etc. You can't do that as much these days if you want to keep players (Elias, Kovy) in their prime seasons.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 29 July 2011 - 07:06 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#284 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,893 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:30 PM

Lou's spent when he's wanted to spend and didn't spend when he didn't want to...before the lockout you could keep players a lot longer and lowball them on contracts for several years. Especially when you had a much deeper farm system and can boot a Brendan Morrison cause you had other guys like Elias, Sykora, Madden, etc. You can't do that as much these days if you want to keep players (Elias, Kovy) in their prime seasons.

lou traded kirk muller over money. lou barely retained scott stevens in 94 - as i recall, that went down to the last day. do i need to keep going? lou doesn't spend anything he wants to or doesn't want to - his pursestrings are controlled by ownership.

Edited by Triumph, 29 July 2011 - 07:31 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#285 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,013 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:43 PM

Maybe I think it was clear Brian wasn't getting a lick of ice-time on the top two lines anyway, and he is a non-factor when he isn't there. Saves the team 3 million, which is nice for an owner. It also allows some younger players much needed minutes to develop.

I agree with you on this, besides the obvious bonus by clearing salary/cap space, I'm just as excited to open the roster spot to a younger player.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl

My New Jersey Devils Prospect Blog
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#286 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:08 PM

I am late with this but I never thought that Rolston was ever going to be traded. Lou offered a bad contract to Rolston, good news that Rolston stoled from Lou and thanks to the Isles for being involved.

#287 StormJosh

StormJosh

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:31 PM

I feel like the unfortunate Parise news vindicates me

#288 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:50 PM

There was a team at the deadline that wanted him aswell as the Isles. Who? Brian did not say who as far as I know.

#289 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,598 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:02 PM

how is not getting cap space a good thing? and yeah, the guy should just quit his job because lou has never had financial concerns at the forefront of his job. have you completely forgotten the mcmullen years or do you just like pretending they don't exist?

Beat me to it, Tri. Though it does beg the question of why he's had so many problems with the salary cap.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#290 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 26,893 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:21 PM

Beat me to it, Tri. Though it does beg the question of why he's had so many problems with the salary cap.

because the devils drafted really terribly between 1999 and 2005 - besides parise and zajac, they basically got no one who was an average player. so they had a lot of older players on the team, and those players have to get compensated fairly.

this is the first summer where lou has not made an obvious cap mistake.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#291 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:49 AM

This is 100% positive for the Devils. We get rid of 3 million in salary for this year and if Hunter works out on the 3-4 line, great, if not, we can bury him in the minors and have an extra 5 million in cap space instead. I don't understand why anyone thinks we'd need to buy out Hunter, he's not signed to a 35+ contract and doesn't have a NMC, so we can bury his contract at any time for any reason in order to gain extra cap space.

#292 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:31 AM

Has anyone seen the dance marathon episode of Always Sunny? Well Rolston was like the beer keg you had to wear around your neck if you lost a dance-off.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#293 puckrock

puckrock

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:35 AM

Has anyone seen the dance marathon episode of Always Sunny? Well Rolston was like the beer keg you had to wear around your neck if you lost a dance-off.

You, sir, are my hero.
This is my 2012 Playoff signature.

#294 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:35 PM

You, sir, are my hero.

:cheers:
Posted Image

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#295 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,496 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:10 AM

Andddd .gif saved for future use :lol:

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#296 Cal914

Cal914

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:52 AM

Best reference ever
-Cal
Official NJDevs.com keeper of "Zajac's first playoff goal
Official NJDevs.com keeper of The Colorado Rockies

#297 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:09 AM

Best reference ever