No replies to this topic

#1 westcoastdevfan

westcoastdevfan

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:02 PM

The New Jersey Devils in desparate need of additional cap relief finally found a taker for Brian Rolston and his $5 million annual salary, the New York Islanders. The teams reached an agreement to send Rolston to the Island for Trent Hunter.

The Islanders have been searching for a way to reach the cap floor while New Jersey needed the extra cap room to re-sign restricted free-agent Zach Parise. It was a match made in heaven.

The aquisition of Hunter gives the Devils an additional $3 million in cap room. New Jersey now has almost $8.5 million in cap space, easily enough room to work out a deal with Parise. The 26 year-old star is expected to command somewhere between $6 and $7 million per year.

Earlier this week Devils GM Lou Lamoriello said his full attention was on working out a deal with Parise before the two sides arbitration hearing on August 3rd.
It’s obvious he meant it.

This is great news for fans. The cap wizard Lamoriello comes through again. With the additional cap relief I fully expect the Devils and Parise to reach a deal shortly.

More to come later…

View the full article
Posted ImageOF LOU'S SACRED KOOL-AID!
Follow me on Twitter @westcoastdevfan
Check me out at dekingdevils.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users