287 replies to this topic

#1 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:09 PM

1-year deal worth $6 million according to Bob McKenzie (so 100% guaranteed).

Edit: Title.

Edited by devilsrule33, 29 July 2011 - 05:39 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#2 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:12 PM

Is this an official contract though or have they reached a principle agreement for a 1-year deal if they can't hammer out a long-term deal to avoid arbitration?

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#3 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:14 PM

Is this an official contract though or have they reached a principle agreement for a 1-year deal if they can't hammer out a long-term deal to avoid arbitration?

I think thats what it is. The one year is a fail safe. I am hoping to read it that way.

#4 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Well, that sucks. Depending on how this ends up playing out, this is either bad news or mediocre news. I don't think there's any way to spin this as good news.

#5 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

I expected this but was hoping it wouldn't happen. Ugh.

#6 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,505 posts

Sounds like agreement in principle since they're going to continue work on long term deal.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#7 CADevilsFan

CADevilsFan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Wow, I was hoping for longer but at least they avoid arbitration.
Posted Image of MrTheMikes Curse and/or Magic & of the Chat Room Drinking Game

#8 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:15 PM

Does anyone think the 1-year deal touches 8 million? Does it matter?

#9 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,505 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:15 PM

TG tweets official deal. Jan 1st earliest extension can be signed.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#10 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 10,032 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:16 PM

If it's a 1-year deal and that's that, I'm going to shoot Lou in the face.

Just kidding, but not really at all just kidding.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#11 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:17 PM

But TG says they can't sign him to a new deal until January. That is if this deal is official. If it is just in principal while they try to finish up a new contract then I guess that won't matter.

I personally hope Zach does not sign the one year deal.

#12 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,505 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:22 PM

I'm interested if Parise has a crazy high $ amount in this 1 year deal.

-Terry Goodkind

-Anchorman

-Anonymous

#13 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 11,200 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:22 PM

How long until the board crashes? :P

#14 newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:24 PM

TGfireandice Tom Gulitti
Lamoriello confirms team cannot sign a Parise to a deal beginning in 2012-13 until Jan. 1, 2012. One-year deal is signed and done.

"Music is my mistress, and she plays second fiddle to none." "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
jerseys3.png

#15 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:27 PM

Who here honestly sees Lou starting to work on an extension after Jan 1 instead of remaining "status quo" until 11:59AM July 1, 2012?

I can't believe this is going to drag on another year. Unless Parise and Lou already have a basic idea of what a long term will look like, and just want to see how his knee will play out this season, this is terrible news.

Edited by Amberite, 29 July 2011 - 05:29 PM.

#16 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:28 PM

thats so terrible... so so terrible and horrible... and also so horrible.... o m g...

i think its done... thats it... Zach is gone. i mean, what will be different in january? Lou is going to have the same cap space and Zach will be months away from free agency if they signed this one year this early even before last minute it means they knew there was no possible long-term deal... i think there's no way they can reach a deal in january...

mayyyyyybe Lou was skeptical about zach's knee and wasnt ready to put big bucks and take that chance but damn... thats it seriously

www.SterioDesign.com

#17 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,142 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

This is a mess. Parise has a bad year, he still gets a gigantic contract. He has a great year and he will be offered anything. He probably gets that either way I don't see how the Devils can lock him up without giving him some of the highest per-year money ever given out in the NHL. A player of this magnitude has not reached the open market in years. His agents must be incredibly happy. I don't like how this ends up because even if they can re-sign him, there is no way Zach Parise can come close to living up to that $ figure.

#18 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,508 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:30 PM

Oh wonderful, within the last half hour Aso pulls a fast one and goes to Philly and now Lou's failed to sign Zach long-term and we have to hear another year of this crap.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#19 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,192 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:31 PM

God dammit, how hard is it to just sign him long term.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#20 American_Psycho

American_Psycho

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:31 PM

*collective sigh*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users