Photo

Poll Time

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll Time (47 member(s) have cast votes)

If Parise is not signed long-term by the trade deadline, do you trade him?

1. Yes (20 votes [42.55%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.55%

2. Voted No (27 votes [57.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Wiggles1213

Wiggles1213

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:33 PM

:troll1:

#2 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:39 PM

lol why would you say yes?

#3 Wiggles1213

Wiggles1213

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 06:44 PM

after watching gomez, niedermayer, rafalski, gionta walk for nothing...are we really gonna let parise just walk?

#4 ghdi

ghdi

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,416 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:24 PM

Its too early to justify this with a strong answer. We don't know the situation or whats going on.

If Zach truly wants to be here long-term, I don't care if they go to the last second before UFA next year as long as it gets done. If he doesn't want to be here, I hope we trade him. All indications are that he wants to be here long-term, so can only wait and see.

I'm only open to trading Parise if there is no way he'll stay here long term. There's a lot of things behind the scenes that could be stalling his hopeful longterm deal.

#5 schneidpants

schneidpants

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 08:51 PM

i said yes due to the reason if we dont have him signed long term then chances are we won't be able to. might try and get something from him

Posted Image

#6 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,508 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:03 PM

Where's the 'only if the team's a borderline playoff team/out of contention' option? Cause odds are, Manta negativity aside this team's going to be in the playoffs again this year so that would preclude Zach being dealt at the deadline. Especially if the Devils are fighting for first again.

If they are going to trade him the only realistic time to do it is now, where you're not strip-mining the team and can get something of value back on this year's NHL roster.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 29 July 2011 - 09:04 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#7 Wiggles1213

Wiggles1213

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:51 PM

Where's the 'only if the team's a borderline playoff team/out of contention' option? Cause odds are, Manta negativity aside this team's going to be in the playoffs again this year so that would preclude Zach being dealt at the deadline. Especially if the Devils are fighting for first again.

If they are going to trade him the only realistic time to do it is now, where you're not strip-mining the team and can get something of value back on this year's NHL roster.

Who would you want in return if you were Lou and were to trade him now?

#8 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2011 - 10:47 PM

trade a player who wants to spend his career here? Lou wants him here and so does Zach, they know are doing and will get this accomplished when they feel to.

#9 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:53 PM

If this does, in fact, happen, it seems like it would be a definite goodbye to Parise. Maybe I'd consider sending him off if we were absolutely tanking, but that will most likely not happen. I think that if we have a solid season, he'll want to stay, especially given our bright future. The last thing we're trying to do is make him feel unwanted here.

#10 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 11:24 AM

lol why would you say yes?

Why would you say no?

Lou has the entire year to work on an extension. If he isn't signed by then, he probably isn't going to sign and will likely leave.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#11 Wiggles1213

Wiggles1213

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:52 PM

....not the amount of cash.
....not the length.
.....not even the fact he's a UFA next July.

We're probably looking at another 'elephant in the room' situation.

That's what the Devils can't afford....again. :whistling:

#12 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:25 PM

Why would you say no?

Lou has the entire year to work on an extension. If he isn't signed by then, he probably isn't going to sign and will likely leave.

+1, i really dont know why anyone would say yes?

obviously he could test the market and decide that he actually want to stay in NJ... like Kovy. But just like a girlfriend dumping you... making out with a few guys at the bar then coming back to you a few days after... youre still glad she came back but still... its always in the back of ur mind what she did haha

edit: well the more that i think about it... it depends on how the team is playing and if they think they can make a serious push in the playoffs... they might need him for that run... but they could get a nice return also...

Edited by SterioDesign, 30 July 2011 - 10:33 PM.

www.SterioDesign.com

#13 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2011 - 10:41 PM

So this is a thread?

#14 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:08 AM

It all depends if he gets signed before the season is over or not. For all we know the fact that Parise is on a 1 year deal could mean that he'll have a career season.
Posted Image

#15 Scottie2Hottie

Scottie2Hottie

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:07 AM

In my head I see it as:

We make playoffs, parise stays.
If not, he tests the market.
Posted Image Deb Placey (unofficial)
Posted Image

#16 Scottie2Hottie

Scottie2Hottie

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:07 AM

In my head I see it as:

We make playoffs, parise stays.
If not, he tests the market.
Posted Image Deb Placey (unofficial)
Posted Image

#17 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:05 AM

I can't see why Parise wouldn't test the market. If we're very, very, very lucky he takes a home town discount to stay, but he has to want to see what he's worth as a UFA.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#18 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:11 AM

Everyone should just accept the fact that he's testing the market, and be pleasantly surprised if he doesn't.

BTW if he decides not to test, it'll probably be because he's worried about fully recovering from his injury during the course of the season, which isn't necessarily the best news...
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#19 LucifersDog

LucifersDog

Broken Record

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:57 AM

Lou can offer a long term contract to Parise anytime after 1/1/2012. If they agree then he doesn't become an UFA on 7/1/2012.

""Once you go to arbitration, you can only get a one-year situation in this case," Lamoriello said. "So, really what we have done is avoid arbitration by settling on one year with the understanding and intent to take whatever time is necessary to get a long-term deal.""

"According to Tom Gulitti of The Record, both Lamoriello and the Parise camp will continue to discuss a longer-term deal, but per CBA rules, he cannot sign a new deal beginning in the 2012-13 season until Jan. 1, 2012."

http://sports.yahoo....?urn=nhl-wp9919

Edited by LucifersDog, 31 July 2011 - 11:03 AM.

#20 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:24 AM

As far as us fans know, Parise's biggest concern was the coaching situation and the fact that we can't seem to keep a coach. I'd imagine part of the reason he only has a 1 year deal is to see how he feels about De Boer as a coach.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users