455 replies to this topic

#41 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:45 AM

I've been the biggest Colin White apologist in the world, so don't say "every" devils fan. I really can't see how you think he's had 3 bad year in the last 4.

You are one of the few, but lets say a vast majority wanted him off the team and plenty still do (I just think he is dead weight and kept on a little too long for nostaglia purposes).

#42 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:46 AM

You are one of the few, but lets say a vast majority wanted him off the team and plenty still do (I just think he is dead weight and kept on a little too long for nostaglia purposes).

You'd take a question mark like Salvador or a kid like Fraser over Colin White for next year's squad?

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#43 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts

I'm confused. Hunter I expected gone but Colin White? Why would we want to get rid of him? Some kind of other move coming?

#44 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,240 posts

white makes no sense at this time unless something else is coming, but i can't imagine what that could be.

there's no reason that he needed to be jettisoned at this time. he was a good defenseman last year.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#45 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:47 AM

You'd take a question mark like Salvador or a kid like Fraser over Colin White for next year's squad?

Salvador yes, Fraser not really. Also Corrente would step in just fine in White's place too.

#46 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:48 AM

Salvador yes, Fraser not really. Also Corrente would step in just fine in White's place too.

Corrente!? How many games has he started as a defenseman for us? There's probably a reason for that.

Posted Image

#47 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

One explanation that involves finances is the fact that Lou probably didn't want to keep JVB on the hook to pay millions to players that are in the minors. The Devils have a solid prospect group and it was time for guys like Rolston and White to either perform in top form or get shipped out. Putting White and Hunter in the minors would be bad for them. They now have the chance to get picked up by another team and continue their careers.

#48 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,165 posts

It was just a possible explination. Do you have one? Because they could have saved more cap space by simply sticking Hunter in the minors. Because they didn't, they have to pay for it with cap space for, what was it, 4 years?

I don't think it needs one right now.. Let's see how it plays out and then we can judge..

But for everyone who is so concerned with team finances, I was in the Devils offices last week and they are moving the entire warehouse (that was still in the meadowlands) to the arena in Newark, which saves the team upwards of $10k a month in rent.. I'll talk to management about setting the office temperature a few degrees higher to save on energy costs if people would like me to

Edited by Colin226, 01 August 2011 - 11:51 AM.

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#49 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:49 AM

:whistling:

This is very interesting to say the least. I'm not too cut up about anything. I can't guess what's going on really. I CAN, but why bother?

I love thinning a herd - clutter drives me INSANE. I understand clutter for sentimental reasons, but there always comes a time you've got to clean house - maybe to upgrade maybe just to fvcking clean house! Honestly -- I'm giddy just from the cleanliness of it all.

I'd love for White to just retire with his gorgeous wife to FANTASTIC New Glasgow -- I cannot cry for a guy who is set to perfection to live out my dream life.

(and I love White -- but he's always been a disappointment to me. So much wasted size - he had a temper but it never translated significantly on ice... the good things balanced out the stupid things)

Edited by Pepperkorn, 01 August 2011 - 11:55 AM.

I'm here for the party

#50 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

TG

Lou Lamoriello confirmed that White and Hunter will be bought out if they clear waivers.

www.SterioDesign.com

#51 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Id put Fraser in before Corrente any day. Corrente is not ready to take a top 2 line spot.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#52 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:50 AM

TG said Lou's been trying to trade White but unable to do so.

Hunter could be on Waivers now so we could send him into the minors, possibly?

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#53 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,677 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:50 AM

:whistling:

This is very interesting to say the least. I'm not too cut up about anything. I can't guess what's going on really. I CAN, but why bother?

I love thinning a herd - clutter drives me INSANE. I understand clutter for sentimental reasons, but there always comes a time you've got to clean house - maybe to upgrade maybe just to fvcking clean house! Honestly -- I'm giddy just from the cleanliness of it all.

I'd love for White to just retire with his gorgeous wife to FANTASTIC New Glasgow -- I cannot cry for a guy who is set to perfection to live out my dream life.

Tears of joy PK, tears of joyyyyy

www.SterioDesign.com

#54 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:51 AM

Posted ImageTGfireandice Tom Gulitti Lamoriello said the decision to buy out both players was budgetary and because of depth of young players on D and at RW.

This leads me to believe that JVB would rather not pay older players that aren't really that good to hold roster spots while cheaper and younger prospects can get a shot.

#55 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Corrente!? How many games has he started as a defenseman for us? There's probably a reason for that.

Gotta start somewhere right? White was a big rookie at one point too right?

Whether you like it or not, we are in a pseudo rebuilding mode right now. We have a ton of dead weight and it looks like Lou has finally come to his senses and knows we must get younger and faster. I have seen too many times since the lockout our team suffer because we are usually one of the top 5 oldest teams in the league and teams with younger faster players are just skating right around us.

#56 Toaster13

Toaster13

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Wow, did not expect this with White. I thought we would just play out this year and not be with the Devils next year. I never thought he would be put on waivers and potentially be bought out; this is very surprising.
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."

#57 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:52 AM

I don't think it needs one right now.. Let's see how it plays out and then we can judge.. This move is clearly so that others can be made..

But for everyone who is so concerned with team finances, I was in the Devils offices last week and they are moving the entire warehouse (that was still in the meadowlands) to the arena in Newark, which saves the team upwards of $10k a month in rent.. I'll talk to management about setting the office temperature a few degrees higher to save on energy costs if people would like me to

This may have been the most useless post in the thread. And I always like your stuff Colin, but c'mon. You can't just dismiss an opinion because "la dee da I don't believe it"

Posted Image

#58 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Move is done because of budget and to clear room for the youth, per Lou/TG

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#59 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

TG said Lou's been trying to trade White but unable to do so.

Hunter could be on Waivers now so we could send him into the minors, possibly?

No minors... they would both be bought out.

#60 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,665 posts

Id put Fraser in before Corrente any day. Corrente is not ready to take a top 2 line spot.

lol you really think White is a top 2 defenseman?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users