136 replies to this topic

#81 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:07 PM

The Walking Dead 90 min season premiere tonight. Beyond excited.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#82 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,900 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:14 PM

Psych is one of my favorite shows, that just started up again last week, hilarious as usual.

My friend recently got me watching the Big Bang Theory, I'm really digging that.

I tend to watch a lot of USA shows for some reason...Psych, Burn Notice, White Collar, Covert Affairs.

I don't get AMC in HD on DirecTV so I've been avoiding Mad Men and Walking Dead even though I'm pretty sure I'd like them.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#83 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:14 PM

Modern Family

Parks and Rec

The Office (because, hell, I've watched 7 seasons so far, I'm riding this thing out until the bloody end)

Sunny

How I Met Your Mother (now ex-girlfriend got me into it, and I'm hooked)

Wilfred (NOONE else I know likes this show, go figure)

We have very similar taste, I watch a lot of Office and How I Met Your Mother, and the other shows I've seen a bit of and liked but haven't had time to watch everything. And I LOVED Wilfred! I watched like the first 8 episodes or so before I lost access to all TV (studying overseas) but plan to catch up as soon as I'm back!

#84 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:23 PM

The Walking Dead is on tonight (as i type this actually)

LOVE IT
POTATO!!!

#85 Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*

Guest_BelieveinBrodeur_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

Ashton in Two and a half men, still funny show no doubt. Not same without Charlie though.

2 shows canceled to aswell. Charlies Angels and Playboy Club or whatever you wanna call that crap

#86 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:33 PM

Walking Dead was interesting. I didnt' see last season. Do you know how you contract zombie disease?

I'm here for the party

#87 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:38 PM

Walking Dead was interesting. I didnt' see last season. Do you know how you contract zombie disease?

Bites. But we dont know how it started yet. You should watch the first season. Its really worth it. Youll appreciate the show this season.

I think they may have gotten a little to excited for this season and the response they had last season. I feel like for a 90 min show, not much happened until the last 10 minutes. The ending was so much better then the beginning.

Still good though. Posted Image

Posted Image
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#88 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:40 PM

Graphic Novel and TV show haven't gotten into details yet but the show at least (on the season finale) came right out and said they had no idea if it was microbial, fungal, viral, or just an act of God.

I think the episode did not disappoint. Its nice to see how much of a hand the creator has in the tv series yet how different it is from the source material. Its going to be a slow moving process which will be fine, I think, as long as they keep a higher episode count per season. You can't really have a six episode season (like the first) and have it move this slowly.

Edited by UnderDogX, 16 October 2011 - 10:43 PM.

'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#89 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:08 AM

Has anyone in the comic book come down with it as a member of the survivor group?

I'm here for the party

#90 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:31 AM

Has anyone in the comic book come down with it as a member of the survivor group?

Not exactly but...
Spoiler

Figured I'd throw the spoiler tags in just in case this ends up happening in the show too..

#91 NJCroMag

NJCroMag

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:07 AM

Anybody else get hungry when they
Spoiler
?
"A lot o' people don't realize what's really going on. They view life as a bunch o' unconnected incidents 'n things. They don't realize that there's this, like, lattice o' coincidence that lays on top o' everything. Give you an example; show you what I mean: suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness."

#92 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:42 AM

There were two members of the group in the show that turned last season. Andrea (The tough blonde that wants the gun)'s sister, Amy, turned and Andrea actually had to shoot her herself and then Jim turned but before he completely turned they chained him to a tree on the side of the highway with a gun and 1 bullet and as they drive off you hear the gunshot in the distance.

Those are the only two that have turned in the group so far.

Edited by Quinn01, 17 October 2011 - 11:45 AM.

Posted Image

#93 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:01 PM

I watched all the webisodes. I'll probably lose interest after Halloween - but it's fun for now.

I love apocalyptic stuff anyhow - except The Road -- I found that amazingly stupid and impossible - it had no scientific basis. But I loved The Stand.

I'm here for the party

#94 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

I watched all the webisodes. I'll probably lose interest after Halloween - but it's fun for now.

I love apocalyptic stuff anyhow - except The Road -- I found that amazingly stupid and impossible - it had no scientific basis. But I loved The Stand.

Not to sound like a total comic nerd (but I will :) ) the comic does really start to be less about the fact that there are zombies out there roaming the world and more about the group and the struggles they deal with during a complete apocalyptic crisis. The comic does a great job of showing Rick (the main character, the sheriff) and his struggles with being forced into leadership and the decisions he has to make...much like with what this past episode hinted at. And they meet some really effed up people....I'm hoping the show goes to that length....

#95 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:29 PM

It's too bad they fired Frank Darabont - I would have trusted him to hold that Stephen King feel. We'll see!

I'm here for the party

#96 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:06 PM

It's too bad they fired Frank Darabont - I would have trusted him to hold that Stephen King feel. We'll see!

I agree, but at least the comic's creator is on board and has a guiding hand through the whole thing...

#97 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:47 PM

Tonight I finally finished watching Rescue Me. Gonna miss that show.

#98 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:40 AM

Here's what we're watching on a regular basis:

Daily Show
Colbert Report
The Office
Always Sunny In Philadelphia
Ghost Adventures
House Hunters
Restaurant Impossible
American Horror Story- Everyone should check this show out. It's on FX and it's bloody, scary, and very interesting. Three episodes so far and I think I'm hooked.

Definitely have to start watching the Walking Dead.

Edited by njdevil26, 20 October 2011 - 08:41 AM.

#99 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:28 AM

i just started watching Wilfred yesterday... excellent show... funny, dark, random as hellif you like dark/dry humor, its for you

and i enjoyed the season premier of The Walking Dead
alot of things put into motion for this season.. can't wait for more!

anyone else watching Dexter?... its just one weird season, and im liking it...
POTATO!!!

#100 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:58 PM

Drama: Breaking Bad
Comedy: Community / South Park
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?