136 replies to this topic

#121 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:11 PM

gahh stupid AMC cutting The Walking Dead season in 1/2....

now we must wait until February to see the last 6 episodes...

GAHH! haha
POTATO!!!

#122 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 10:59 PM

gahh stupid AMC cutting The Walking Dead season in 1/2....

now we must wait until February to see the last 6 episodes...

GAHH! haha

Its because they didnt think it was going to be a hit this season and by the 2nd episode they were picked up for the rest of the season.

But damn what a way to go out until February!

Atleast now I can give 110% to American Horror Story....Im going to need it. That shows getting intense.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#123 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,035 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:24 PM

Yeah, so how about that last episode of Walking Dead? Dayummm, wow. Did NOT see that coming at all!

Makes me wonder where they'll pick up when the show starts up again though.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#124 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:26 PM

Yeah, so how about that last episode of Walking Dead? Dayummm, wow. Did NOT see that coming at all!

Makes me wonder where they'll pick up when the show starts up again though.

Im still waiting to see the black guy and his son from the first two episodes of season 1. Also Daryl's brother. I know he was hallucinating him but hes still got to be alive out there somewhere.

Posted Image
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#125 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:38 AM

Watched the two seasons (or I guess season and a half) of Walking Dead in the last couple weeks. What an awesome show! Great finale.

Spoiler

Friggin February can't come quickly enough.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod, 30 November 2011 - 08:40 AM.

Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#126 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:29 PM

For those of you that watched the first season of American Horror Story....what were your thoughts? What do you think next season will entail?

Just read this:

"Creator Ryan Murphy told reporters today that season 2 of the hit FX drama will begin with a new locale and a (mostly) new cast. “Some of them will be coming back,” Murphy teased during a teleconference today. “I’m talking to several of them and we’re in negotiations. There will be familiar faces, but there will also be new faces on the show.”

Murphy hopes to announce the new storyline and cast in February. Should some of the first season actors return for another round of AHS episodes, they’ll be “playing completely different characters, creatures, and monsters,” Murphy added. ”It’s a really fun idea to do an anthology show. That’s the way it was designed from the beginning. Every season, there will be a new haunting and we’ll have a new overriding theme.”

I felt that this was one of the best series I have ever seen. It gave Walking Dead a run for its money.

Posted Image

#127 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 09:23 PM

Can't wait...new year premieres in January!

Justified - Best show on TV. Period.

Californication - oh the life of Hank Moody.

Being Human - a guilty pleasure and a decent Americanized UK remake.

(although it does premiere mid Feb) Eastbound & Down - last season should be an amazingly hilarious one!

Edited by UnderDogX, 22 December 2011 - 09:24 PM.

'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#128 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:53 PM

anyone watch Dexter?

all i have to say about the finale is... WOAH haha

i don't want to spoil it for anyone.. and im too lazy to use the spoiler feature

can't wait till next season!
POTATO!!!

#129 Kicksave Brodeur!!

Kicksave Brodeur!!

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:36 AM

After reading all the good words about "Breaking bad" I started watching it streaming on netflix, and I just wanted to thank everyone who said it was great. I think it is probably the best tv series I have ever seen! "Sopranos" might come the closest. I had never heard of it, maybe because it was on AMC, but I am hooked now... I mean two or three episodes a night, very addicting! I didn't know or hear about the all of the emmy's or golden globes it has won but the characters of Walt and Jesse are equal or better than Tony and Michael in Sopranos.I read this in wikipedia and I think it says it nicely... Ross Douthat of The New York Times, in a response to Klosterman's piece, compared Breaking Bad and The Sopranos, stating that both series are "morality plays" that are "both interested in moral agency". Ross went on to say that Walter White and Tony Soprano "represent mirror-image takes on the problem of evil, damnation and free will". Walter as a man who "deliberately abandons the light for the darkness" while Tony is "someone born and raised in darkness" who turns down "opportunity after opportunity to claw his way upward to the light." Thanks again for turning me on to the show, to bad it isn't still in production!

#130 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:19 PM

Season 4 premier of SouthLAnd tonight on TNT. This season has Lucy Liu in it. :dance:

Posted Image

#131 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

Delocated returns to Adult Swim February 2nd at Midnight.

http://www.adultswim...ated/index.html

One of the funniest dark comedies on TV.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#132 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:39 PM

Californication, Justified, and Being Human all had their new season premieres....Raylan Givens is bada$$!!!

#133 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,038 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:59 PM

Can't find anything confirming when Wilfred is going to start up again. Anybody?

#134 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:07 PM

Can't find anything confirming when Wilfred is going to start up again. Anybody?

I have heard June 2012 and will end somewhere around September. :cheers:

Posted Image

#135 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,914 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:03 PM

Californication and Shameless both had excellent premiers and letdown second episodes so far this season. Ditto with that new Showtime show with Don Cheadle. Can't think of the name right now.

White Collar came back last night but I missed it due to the Devils game, gotta catch that. That's a total guilty pleasure show for me. I think Royal Pains came back as well tonight, but I'm less into that than the other USA shows.

The important thing is Psych is back sometime next month, I believe.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#136 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,279 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

Has anyone here watched the British (original) version of Shameless? If so would you recommend that I watch that version or the US version first? Both are on netflix right now and I want to know if the US version is just as great as the British version. I'm hoping that the US version isn't a letdown like we had when they tried to make an American version of Skins, albeit the US version was doomed from the start being on a censored channel and a rip off of the first generation of British characters. It never had a chance to form its own identity.

Edited by thefiestygoat, 18 January 2012 - 11:20 PM.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#137 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:10 AM

If you like Wilfred on facebook you can get updates and such...nothing spoilery. It is set to come back in June and the season premier should answer about "95%" of the questions that were left in the finale...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users