Photo

Historically, Which NJD Trade Irked You the Most?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,549 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:59 AM

I remember being sad when we shipped Bill Guerin and Valeri Zelepukin off to Edmonton for Jason Arnott and Bryan Muir. I remember I taped the next Devils pregame on my VCR just so I could watch Bill and Valeri's final farewell interviews as Devils. ... However, obviously, Arnott won me over bigtime within a year.

This one looked like it was going to be a disaster at first...Arnott was lost for both teams he played for (35 GP, 5 G and 13 A, -16 for Edmonton, 35 GP, 5 G and 10 A, -8 for the Devils) his first year here.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#42 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:56 AM

I remember being sad when we shipped Bill Guerin and Valeri Zelepukin off to Edmonton for Jason Arnott and Bryan Muir. I remember I taped the next Devils pregame on my VCR just so I could watch Bill and Valeri's final farewell interviews as Devils. ... However, obviously, Arnott won me over bigtime within a year.

I vaguely remember that interview with Zelepukin. He seemed hurt by the trade, mentioning that he always did whatever the team asked of him without complaint. Tough to watch. Zelepukin was definitely a favorite.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#43 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:48 PM

I honestly can't think of a trade that Lou has made where I've said 'I just don't get that one'. Maybe the Martin Skoula deal? I think the Gilmour trade was a great deal, and still do.

I 2nd that... the Gilmour trade was a great deal, Sully was a nice player, but he was no Doug Gilmour, Gilmour was considered an elite center atr the time. And the devils were going to lose Mcauley for nothing becuase he refused to sign...
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users