• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 SteveStirling

SteveStirling

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:26 AM

Following a contentious arbitration, Nashville Predators General Manager David Poile and superstar Shea Weber have enrolled in couples therapy in hopes they can reconcile their differences and avoid a messy divorce, the pair told ItB.

“Look I said some things I shouldn’t have said, didn’t treat Shea with the respect that he deserves,” Poile said Wednesday morning. “But fighting with Shea this summer has taught me how much I value our relationship. He stormed out and left his beard on my desk. Sometimes I wear it just to remember better times.”

Weber was awarded $7.5 million in arbitration earlier this month after the two sides couldn’t work out a long term deal to extend their marriage. Weber conceded it will take some work to repair the damage done in the prior fighting, which saw Poile lowball his prized partner at $4.5 million during the hearing.

“He said I couldn’t captain a lifeboat, that I loved facial hair more than the team,” Weber said. “That hurt. But you play all your life to come to a Mecca of hockey like Nashville, there’s so much history here. That playoff series we won, the uh, that year we were founded. It’s memories like that you fight to preserve.”

The two will attend bi-weekly sessions with a couples therapist and hope to rebuild the trust that last year helped the team outdraw the Nashville Metros, the city’s fourth tier professional soccer team, in attendance.

“It’s going to be tough, but I think we can do it,” Weber said. “I’ve gotta stop listening to people like Brian Burke who keep telling me I’m too good for him.”

In related news, TMZ reports that Drew Doughty has been seen canoodling with Mike Gillis and Pierre Gauthier after storming out of Kings GM Dean Lombardi’s office earlier in the week.

View the full article on Intent To Blow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users