54 replies to this topic

#21 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:15 AM

I understand your point. Its a good one. I guess its a question of preferences and what type of jerseys you are used to. I personally watch Soccer as much as I watch hockey and I see upsides and downsides in each ones, but I perfectly understand where your coming from.
Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#22 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:17 AM

Thought it was awesome. Some really cool jerseys in there, though I could ofc do without the arena name splashed all over it.

The rags are actually decent too.

Looks too much like France.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award
believe2.jpg

www.numerartovertag.wordpress.com - An NHL Blog (in Swedish)

#23 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:24 AM

Haha most of those are pretty good.

I think in most cases the sponsor on the front is to large, and all the crests are a bit to high up the chest, but on the whole not bad.

I copuldn't actually bring myself to buy a Devils Shirt in that style because it looks like a Machester United Shirt.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#24 ZeroGravityFat

ZeroGravityFat

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,784 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 03:57 AM

I like the short hand deca stars for habs lol

martyb.jpg
Proud Winner of the 2012 Sergei Brylin Award and 2011 Andy Greene Award, Official keeper of Doc and Chico's random ramblings during play in blowout games

#25 vadvlfan

vadvlfan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:26 AM

I'd buy one as well. Sometimes still wish lou would reconsider a 3rd jersey. I remember lou commenting on this after Marty said (post game interview) that he wished they did the throwback stuff 5-6 times a year as opposed to just one day.(St. Patty's)Lou's comment was "a lot of good it did, we lost"

"Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option" - M.A.

#26 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,866 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:41 AM

...what am I missing here? The white Devils jersey looks like a white t-shirt with 'Prudential' on it.

How is that so cool?

Admittedly don't watch soccer (at all).

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#27 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:42 AM

...what am I missing here? The white Devils jersey looks like a white t-shirt with 'Prudential' on it.

How is that so cool?

I was thinking the same thing. I wasnt to impressed.

Its like the baseball style jerseys. :rolleyes:

Edited by Quinn01, 16 August 2011 - 08:43 AM.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#28 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,859 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:46 AM

How is that so cool?

It is a nice clean look with a good color combination. There are a lot of ugly and busy soccer jerseys out there so something simple goes a long way in that sport.

Look at the Dutch national team. They just wear orange. That's it. And it is still one of the most recognizable and iconic soccer jerseys out there.

#29 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:47 AM

I'm not a fan of soccer jersies because of the huge sponsor tags across the chest. I don't think these look too bad, I've even got some Irish Gaelic Football jersies that are similar, but I wouldn't get one. Some of them are cool enough, but definitely not for me.

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#30 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:27 AM

Completely disagree. In Soccer the the jersey don't look all the same. Anyone who watches Soccer can tell you which team is which team by looking at his TV (no close ups)

For casual fans, it's not that easy. My friend is a much bigger soccer fan than me and occasionally I watch games with him and often it takes me quite a while to figure out which team is which since the jerseys on both sides just look like colored t-shirts with big ads on them. Sure, usually one is colored dark and the other light but that doesn't help very much when you can't see any team logo on them.

To clarify, I'm not trying to attack soccer as a sport or say that hockey is better than soccer or anything like that (although I do think it is, that's a subject for another debate). All I'm saying is that hockey jerseys are clearly better than soccer jerseys, and I don't really see how you could disagree with that. Hockey jerseys are instantly recognizable by their unique color schemes and jersey designs, and on top of that the team crest is very clearly displayed right in the center.

#31 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:32 AM

that's sick as hell

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#32 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,859 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:33 AM

For casual fans, it's not that easy. My friend is a much bigger soccer fan than me and occasionally I watch games with him and often it takes me quite a while to figure out which team is which since the jerseys on both sides just look like colored t-shirts with big ads on them. Sure, usually one is colored dark and the other light but that doesn't help very much when you can't see any team logo on them.

To clarify, I'm not trying to attack soccer as a sport or say that hockey is better than soccer or anything like that (although I do think it is, that's a subject for another debate). All I'm saying is that hockey jerseys are clearly better than soccer jerseys, and I don't really see how you could disagree with that. Hockey jerseys are instantly recognizable by their unique color schemes and jersey designs, and on top of that the team crest is very clearly displayed right in the center.

Are you seriously saying that if one team wears all or mostly black and the other wears all or mostly white in soccer, you have trouble telling who is on what team without a huge crest on them? When I am watching hockey sometimes I cannot see the crest clearly but I know who the Devils are pretty clearly and who the other team is just by the colors.

#33 J0llyR0ger

J0llyR0ger

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:27 AM

For casual fans, it's not that easy. My friend is a much bigger soccer fan than me and occasionally I watch games with him and often it takes me quite a while to figure out which team is which since the jerseys on both sides just look like colored t-shirts with big ads on them.

This is the same for all the sports. To a random fan who watches games occasionally they aren't going to be able to tell teams apart unless they know the general color schemes of the team. Soccer jerseys look great, they're nice and simple and fit what the sport needs. Also if you want to talk about giant billboards let's compare.

Soccer:
Posted Image

Hockey:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,859 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:32 AM

This is the same for all the sports. To a random fan who watches games occasionally they aren't going to be able to tell teams apart unless they know the general color schemes of the team. Soccer jerseys look great, they're nice and simple and fit what the sport needs. Also if you want to talk about giant billboards let's compare.

Soccer:
Posted Image

Hockey:
Posted Image

Haha exactly.

Those European hockey jerseys look like they are leftovers from NASCAR

#35 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:33 AM

Are you seriously saying that if one team wears all or mostly black and the other wears all or mostly white in soccer, you have trouble telling who is on what team without a huge crest on them? When I am watching hockey sometimes I cannot see the crest clearly but I know who the Devils are pretty clearly and who the other team is just by the colors.

I'm not saying that I can't tell white and black apart, I'm saying that if I were to turn on a game of, say, Man City vs. Arsenal, it might take me a little while to figure out if Man City is the team with light blue shirts and Honda logos or the team with black shirts and Motorola logos (I know these probably aren't correct I'm just making this up). I'm not that familiar with the individual players or anything so I have to wait until the commentators give me a clue as to which team is which, which might be a few minutes. Some people probably know ahead of time what the "team colors" are, but if you don't, it's confusing. The color schemes aren't as straight-forward as hockey either. They don't seem to really use reverse color schemes for home and away jerseys, they're just totally different. For example, I just looked up Arsenal - their home jerseys are red with white stripes on the sleeves, their away jerseys are yellow with black pinstripes, and their third jersey is just solid blue. Unless you're a fan, you're not going to be able to follow all of this crap, and since their team logo is just a tiny patch on the upper left of the jersey, you're not going to be able to see it unless they do a close-up on a player. Hockey teams at least usually stick to two or three main recognizable colors, and then reverse them for home and away... although third jerseys are usually completely different.

#36 iamtheprodigy

iamtheprodigy

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:36 AM

I'm obviously talking about NHL jerseys here... so that's irrelevant. And like I said above at least hockey teams generally use recognizable patterns for home/away jerseys and reverse color schemes. If you know the basic colors of a team you can usually tell from far away which is which. Soccer is not so simple.

#37 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:36 AM

Not sure how well these went down:

Posted Image

But I never see anyone in these. Maybe once I have seen someone wearing it. Its the exact same thing here.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#38 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,859 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:54 AM

Not sure how well these went down:

Posted Image

But I never see anyone in these. Maybe once I have seen someone wearing it. Its the exact same thing here.

I have seen those on sale, but never seen anyone wearing them.

#39 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,391 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:34 PM

The Soccer Style shirts are brilliant and look great regardless of sponsors logos
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#40 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:31 PM

The soccer jerseys don't look bad, but I wouldn't buy one because to me, they are more shirts than jerseys (based on fit/cut).

As far as the sponsors go I agree, I laugh my ass off when I see Union fans (which is at least once a week given my location) with the giant BIMBO logo slung across the chest.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users