#21 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:42 AM

Great topic!

My first jersey had #44 Richer on the back, was red, which at time was the away color and was made by Starter. The funny story about the jersey was that I recieved it for the Christmas of 1995 and literally wore it once a week for the remained of that school year. Sadly, Richer got traded, I believe towards the end of the '96 season, so the jersey I had wanted for over a year was rendered obsolete a mere three months after I got it.

Still, I ended up wearing the snot of that jersey whenever playing street hockey and going to games but it sadly was only relevant for a short amount of time.
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#22 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,776 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:49 AM

They do somewhat, but not as much as they did back in the day or used to.

Last time i saw what i considered a fair amount of devils jerseys, I walked in there before a Devils/Rangers game in 1998 and picked an authentic ultrafil CCM Mike Peluso red with Cup patch they had buried under a pile. Wore it right into the game lol.

They moved around the corner about a block away while MSG renovates.

Cool and yeah I figured they do not have as much as they are more Rangers-centric with their stuff and tend to sell more equipment than anything else.

Wish I could have gone in at around that time and saw that Peluso jersey. Was it in clearance or something?

#23 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:10 PM

Cool and yeah I figured they do not have as much as they are more Rangers-centric with their stuff and tend to sell more equipment than anything else.

Wish I could have gone in at around that time and saw that Peluso jersey. Was it in clearance or something?

I found it on a rack in the back on the side of the store where the cases full of jerseys are (left hand side). I forget how much i paid for it all these years later, though. I still have it and it remains one of my favorite authentics!

Posted Image

Posted Image
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#24 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:13 PM

Kirk Muller. 1988 or 89 I seem to recall.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#25 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:29 PM

Standard blank white in the mid to late 1990's.

Also had a green and red hat before that.

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#26 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,776 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:12 PM

I found it on a rack in the back on the side of the store where the cases full of jerseys are (left hand side). I forget how much i paid for it all these years later, though. I still have it and it remains one of my favorite authentics!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Nice def a great find.

#27 justdo3043

justdo3043

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:53 PM

Stephane Richer....it was a Starter brand jersey
"The $297,297 Kovalchuk missed today is money he will never, ever get back. And the more cheques he misses, the better the deal is going to have to be for the players to justify him sitting out. And unlike the owners, the players can direct their leadership to get a deal done regardless of how disadvantageous it is to them."

#28 caron14

caron14

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:56 PM

A Brodeur jersey for christmas 2002 and a kovalchuk jersey (Atlanta one)

Since kovy is with the devils i got a white a red and the vintage jersey of kovalchuk

so happy to have him in jersey!

#29 DevilzFan

DevilzFan

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:02 PM

My first was a blank home white red/green in the late 80's.

My first numbered was a home white red/black Scott Niedermayer in 93.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
"All I know of you is what you have told me........
You are a thief.......
In the world I live in that makes you a sub standard low life worthless to mankind scum bag.......
Sort of like Claude (Lemieux)......" -TOESAVE

Owner/Admin - Cobra Island

#30 Souray44

Souray44

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:13 PM

1986, I was 6 yrs old and after meeting my first hockey player, Craig Wolanin and him be so nice to me, I got his jersey for Christmas.
I collect NJ Devils/Sheldon Souray game worn jerseys, sticks and gloves
My game used jerseys/sticks/gloves/skates/puck etc. - http://community.web...m/user/Souray44

#31 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,776 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:52 PM

1986, I was 6 yrs old and after meeting my first hockey player, Craig Wolanin and him be so nice to me, I got his jersey for Christmas.

lol did the numbers fit on the jersey cause it must have been small and that def had to be customized. Still have it btw?

#32 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:01 PM

My first was a white Islanders Bossy jersey, maybe '80 or so. I used to wear it onstage in my punk band until it got really ratty. An old girlfriend fell in love with it so it's long gone now LOL

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#33 NHLeBeau44

NHLeBeau44

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:36 PM

My first jersey was a Stephan Lebeau red Canadians jersey. My last name is also LeBeau so I thought it was coolest thing ever when I got it for Christmas.

#34 Souray44

Souray44

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:10 PM

lol did the numbers fit on the jersey cause it must have been small and that def had to be customized. Still have it btw?

Haha I still have it. I can post a pic this weekend. It's looks really good. A few ice cream stains on it haha.
I collect NJ Devils/Sheldon Souray game worn jerseys, sticks and gloves
My game used jerseys/sticks/gloves/skates/puck etc. - http://community.web...m/user/Souray44

#35 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:15 PM

A red Brodeur Jersey.

Edited by SS-SS, 18 August 2011 - 08:15 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#36 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:22 PM

First jersey was a white red & green blank CCM replica.

First non-Devils jersey was a blank black Los Angeles Kings (Gretzky-era) jersey.

First jersey that I lettered was a replica home white red & black (1st year) which I lettered "STEVENS" with the "C" and the Stanley Cup 100th year annaversary patch.

First pro weight jersey was an away red and black that I lettered "BRODEUR" during his rookie year.

#37 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,315 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:22 PM

hockey - scott stevens devils
football - deion sanders falcons
basketball - jordan usa dream team
baseball - steve sax yankees

#38 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:09 PM

Posted Image

The Red/Green one my daughter is wearing in this picture.. I got it from the pro shop at Ice World in 1984. I wanted desperately to get it customized with Chico's name/number, but mom didn't go for it :)

Edited by Exit56, 18 August 2011 - 09:11 PM.

#39 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:27 PM

Blank white Starter Devils jersey. Every year, me and the one kid my age on the street would trick or treat once wearing costumes with masks, then we'd go a second time, me in the Devils jersey and him in his Rangers jersey. We'd poll the neighborhood on which team they liked. We got a pretty even mix of Devils, Rangers, and "Who cares about hockey, take your candy and get outta here kid". After getting a red Stevens sweater, the blank Starter became the loaner I'd give to any jersey-less friends I was going to a game with.

First sports jersey I ever got was a black Steelers #26 Rod Woodson jersey on Christmas from my parents. Later that day, I got another one from my grandparents. While they were embarassed at their lack of gift communication, I was in heaven. I could wear a Woodson jersey to school two days a week without wearing dirty laundry. And you bet your ass I did just that. Stupid kids at school didn't notice one was a Starter and the other was an Apex, so they made fun of me regardless. I didn't care, though. Ah, youth.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#40 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,776 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:49 PM

Just found an old jersey at my parents that both my brother and I wore. It is a 1990 west Germany world cup replica jersey. It is a men's xxl and when I wore it after my bro in the mid 90s it was a tarp on me then and I just tried it on the other day and it is a little tight now.

I also have 94 Germany and USA blue world cup jerseys too someplace but cannot find them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users