61 replies to this topic

#41 SeanMac16

SeanMac16

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:17 PM

i had a white marty jersey from when it was our home color i love that jersey . had it my whole life and i wont get rid of it no matter how small it is haha mabye give it to my kid lol we'll see

#42 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,139 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:21 PM

White replica jersey, had Arnott and 25 screen printed in sh!tty red lettering (no black outline). Wore that thing til literally the 'n' and the 'tt' were the only screen printed images left on the jersey -- but I wore it so often that you could tell what the other letters were because their placeholders left a white clean spot on an otherwise gray/brown stained jersey.

I loved that rag.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#43 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:20 PM

1st jersey ever was Patrick Ewing when my family went to the basketball HOF. I may be the only hockey fan on the planet who likes basketball, but I fvcking loved those Knicks teams, and it still crushes me that Patrick never won a title.
First hockey jersey was a blank red one, I think CCM, but I could be wrong -- I was a kid.
First real hockey was Madden home red with the a. I spilled birch beer on it the first or second time I wore it to the rock, and there's a light red stain, which drives me crazy, but I guess it's personality...
I also have a Langs away jersey. During the '09 and '10 playoffs I wore the Madden to work if we were home, the Langs if we were away. I need to get a new road jersey so I can do that again. I'll still proudly rock the Madden, but at this point I'm too pissed at Langs, though I did make one of my students whose a Rags fan skate 5 laps wearing it at a school fundraiser after we beat them in February. Thank god we won that game or I was wearing one of his jerseys in class.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#44 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:45 AM

First Devils jersey was those red practice CCM jerseys in the 90's. Loved it, but so did my ex wife and she took it. First Jersey with a name is the Broduer Rebook I wear now.

First Sports jersey was my Nettles Yankees jersey. I also had a Ken O'Brien old school Jets green jersey as a kid, with the screen print lettering. I still have my Ewing Knicks Champion jersey.

Mike
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 sean1827

sean1827

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:28 PM

White home jersey with old green, #1 Sean Burke!!

#46 rangers suck69

rangers suck69

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:53 PM

My guess so you can feel just like him when you eat something at the Rock, especially Jimmy Buffs. Dammit i can taste that Jimmy Buff's goodness now.

You know it. Ill have the Chico Eats theme song playing on my blackberry
Devils Fan for life since 1992
“The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue.”- Scott Stevens

#47 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:09 PM

I got my first Devils jersey when I was 7- it was a red Christmas tree road jersey with the logo screen-printed on. I used to wear it to school every Friday.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#48 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:18 PM

You know it. Ill have the Chico Eats theme song playing on my blackberry

I have one of the Chico Eats t-shirts. Its pretty funny.

Really interesting to read what everyones first jerseys were and how much of an impact a simple thing of fabric had on your childhoods.

It seems to have effected all of us in the same way.

Edited by Quinn01, 19 August 2011 - 06:19 PM.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#49 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,748 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:24 PM

I have one of the Chico Eats t-shirts. Its pretty funny.

Really interesting to read what everyones first jerseys were and how much of an impact a simple thing of fabric had on your childhoods.

It seems to have effected all of us in the same way.

I have one of the Chico Eats t-shirts as well- the white one they were selling back in 2008. It has all of the eateries at the Rock listed on the back. Love that shirt! :P
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#50 Scottie2Hottie

Scottie2Hottie

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:24 PM

White Langenbrunner #15 with 'A'
Posted Image Deb Placey (unofficial)
Posted Image

#51 Onddeck

Onddeck

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:29 PM

My first jersey was a Minnesota Vikings Randy Moss jersey. haha I loved the guy

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#52 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 11:05 PM

My roommate could give or take hockey, but loves Chico Eats, so I get her the red shirt for Christmas a couple years ago and got Chico to sign it at one of his book signings. He was insanely nice, offered to let us come into the booth at a home game so she could meet him. Unfortunately, the 2 of us didn't make a game together that year, so we couldn't take him up on it, but meeting him was still awesome.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#53 Deke

Deke

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 03:16 AM

#14 Jim Korn
Go Carp, go!
Salmonbellies rule!
Hit 'em harder cops!
But a hockey team called the Mighty Ducks?
Aw, man.

#54 Devilzibook

Devilzibook

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:54 AM

Mine was a red CCM I bought after they won the Stanley cup in 2003. That's the one I wear on my avatar.
Now I have both the CCM and the Reebok models.
Posted Image

My name is Alex, and I am Quebecois ! Thank you.

One dream: BRING BACK THE NORDIQUES !!!

#55 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,278 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:04 PM

Just came back from my parents and got my first ever jersey from them. There was a note in there that said I got it in Jan of 1993 so it was during the first season when they switched to the current colors. I wore this until the summer of 1995 when I outgrew it and it was a youth L/XL. A couple of things I noticed now since it is the first time i have seen this in about 15 years: 1) the font is horrible and the 1 on the back is larger than the 5 and 2) I did not remember this until I saw it but Johnny Mac signed it on the front above the crest in the upper left corner of the below pic.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by DevsMan84, 20 August 2011 - 07:08 PM.

#56 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 12:33 PM

Red Brodeur CCM jersey.
Posted Image Posted Image

#57 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:43 AM

Though I followed the team from the '83-'84 season on, I didn't get an actual jersey until '95. I simply couldn't afford one before then...I had my share of Devils T-shirts, sweatshirts, etc, but no jersey.

Just a few hours before Game 3 of the SC Finals in '95, I was getting ready to head over to the game when my new girlfriend at the time called and asked, "Is there any way you can come to my house about an hour before the game? I have an early birthday present for you!" (This was June 22, two days before my 25th birthday.) I couldn't believe it when I opened her gift...a brand-new Devils home white jersey (no name)...I had wanted one for so long, but they just seemed so expensive at the time on my limited funds...hell, I had put myself in a deep enough hole just buying playoff tickets for the final two rounds...it sounds funny and incredible cliched, but as soon as I put it on I really felt like I was walking on air. She gave me a big hug and said "Have a great time, hope they win, I'll be watching!"

The relationship was pretty short-lived (she turned out to be a bit of psycho, jealous of everyone that was female to a most unhealthy degree), but that moment itself was quite nice, in that I could tell she really enjoyed seeing my surprise and happiness when I first saw it and put in on. I don't remember exactly what I did with that first jersey...I do remember it getting pretty beat up in time.

First customized jersey I bought was a white Gilmour jersey in the late 90s, from Cosby's. First authentic one I ever bought. The only reason I bought it was because I had a good buzz-on after watching the Devils beat the Rangers, and though it was very pricey (I think $300), I said screw it, I'm buying it. I still have it, though it's hardly prestine.

Bought several from all eras and incarnations of the franchise since. I might start selling some of them off soon.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#58 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:27 PM

My first jersey was a blank red youth Devils jersey sometime around 1993 when I was in I think second grade. My next jersey was one of those goofy half home, half away jerseys that confused the crap out of me because for a while I thought it was an actual jersey the team wore.

The third jersey I got was about a year or so later and it was a white Rangers jersey with #11 and my name heatpressed across the back given to me by my uncle for my birthday or Christmas. Because of my uncle I was both a Rangers fan and Devils fan at the same time. I even wore that stupid jersey on class picture day in fourth grade. By the time I finished elementary school and both teams had won a Cup in recent years, I realized I couldn't be a Devils fan and a Rangers fan at the same time and needed to pick one. I went with the Devils because the bullies that sat at the back of my school bus were Rangers fans and they were annoying, and I also thought why would I root against my own state? Too bad a lot of people don't ask themselves that question haha. I had no idea how big of a turning point in my life that would be. Anyway, about five years ago when I started working at a pro shop, I brought the jersey to work one day and used some chemical we had at the store to take my name off the jersey. Since then it has been used as a doormat, to mop up spills, and to kill bugs.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#59 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,583 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:48 PM

chris terreri. still have it. i love that sweater.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#60 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,916 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:09 PM

First sports jersey was a white Colorado Rockies baseball jersey.
First hockey jersey was a red John Vanbiesbrouck Florida Panthers jersey.
First Devils jersey was a blank black Starter jersey.
First Devils jersey with a name was an authentic Brodeur jersey.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users