#41 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,200 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:41 AM

If it could not be to late that would be handy for me :D

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#42 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:52 AM

When is the draft order going to be set??

Need to start doing some mock drafts....

When the league actually gets filled :P We either need one or three more to have an 18-20 team league since they won't let us start with an odd number.

In that vein I'm just gonna post the league info here, whoever wants to sign up fine cause I'm tired of doing the PM thing and waiting on people that don't sign in anyway:

Yahoo! League ID#: 2544
Yahoo! Password: kovycap

I want this to be filled by the end of the weekend, even if we 'just' have eighteen. Of course with my luck it'll either be at 17 or 19 and we'll still be waiting.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 24 September 2011 - 08:53 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#43 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,449 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:33 AM

Rock on Has! Your work here is appreciated.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#44 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:33 PM

Well apparently you can draft with an odd number in a non-head to head league (I don't think that was always the case) so I'm just shutting it down at 17 teams. Vacation or no vacation, with less than five days to go before the draft, anyone that wanted to join would have found a way in by now :P So I'll do the draft order either now or early tomorrow.

btw, when I tried to take PIM's out a couple years ago everyone and their grandmother hemmed and hawed about how they were such an important part of fantasy hockey so they'll stay :P I'm not making their value negative cause that gives a negative connotation to guys like Lucic and Burrows, whose real-life value is based partly on their physical play.

EDIT: And now the draft order's up...after opting to keep the #1 pick as my prize for the championship last year, here's 2-17 starting with Dynamo Nation at 2 (of course since it's a snaking draft it shifts every other round, so I'll have the last pick in the second round and all other even-numbered rounds with red's team second to last):

http://hockey.fantas...44/draftresults

Edited by NJDevs4978, 24 September 2011 - 11:10 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#45 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,566 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:32 PM

Wonthe lottery and get 2nd pick thats awesome... for the 1st round... not so much inthe 2nd...
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#46 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:03 PM

Wonthe lottery and get 2nd pick thats awesome... for the 1st round... not so much inthe 2nd...

Don't be too sure about that, last year I managed to get Bryzgalov and Corey Perry at the 2nd-3rd round turn. The year before that I got Backstrom before his 100-point season late in the 2nd as well. And with three fewer teams this year there'll be a little more of a selection at that point in the draft.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 27 September 2011 - 03:06 PM.

#47 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:06 PM

I'm psyched to prove last season was no fluke for the Sworn D... they caught on to this format finally :D

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#48 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:09 PM

I'm psyched to prove last season was no fluke for the Sworn D... they caught on to this format finally :D

With the way things are going for you in football, if you're going to take Crosby that'd be the ultimate jinx on his comeback :P

(There does seem to be good news on that end finally for him though)

Edited by NJDevs4978, 27 September 2011 - 03:10 PM.

#49 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

With the way things are going for you in football, if you're going to take Crosby that'd be the ultimate jinx on his comeback :P

(There does seem to be good news on that end finally for him though)

LOL. Don't peak at the other league... I took Crosby and Kesler... but couldn't pass on having Ovie and Crosby on the same team.

I will not be picking Crosby at #4... if he's there in round 2... More likely, but as this isn't H2H... it would be harder to justify.

Edited by aylbert, 27 September 2011 - 03:16 PM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#50 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,566 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:21 PM

LOL. Don't peak at the other league... I took Crosby and Kesler... but couldn't pass on having Ovie and Crosby on the same team.

I will not be picking Crosby at #4... if he's there in round 2... More likely, but as this isn't H2H... it would be harder to justify.

I went to draft kessler in the 2nd and hit the wrong button and ended up w/ Richards...

and my 5 year drought ends this year....
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#51 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:23 PM

Draft is tonight 8PM...and if this weather causes another power out at my house and I miss the draft I'll be annoyed :P

#52 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,398 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

I'm gonna be the hot pick drafting kiiiiiiiiiid.
you be you.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#53 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:03 PM

Guess my slow-ass connection is gonna cost me at least a few picks though I set my one person autopick list for the first overall.

#54 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:21 PM

Memo to me: Never ever try to draft off my phone :doh1:

#55 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:32 PM

Okay after my series of epic computer draft fails, more or less everyone this side of Ovechkin, Staal, Carter and Roloson (maybe) is on the block. One way or another I'm putting a representative team on the ice this year :rant:

And now I really wish I'd remembered to make players FA's like I'd intended after the draft instead of having them go on waivers :lol: Oh well I'll be waiver wire vulturing sooner or later anyway.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 29 September 2011 - 08:54 PM.

#56 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,566 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:05 PM

Draft was great. athough my son is a buit bummed, had a big test on friday and needed to suto pickk...
Posted Image

2006 JHL CHAMPION!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#57 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,449 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:57 PM

Draft sucked for me. Wasn't able to get on until the 6th round, fortunately pre-set this Thursday afternoon.

My team is a bag of question marks so we are just going to wing it this year.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#58 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 02:20 PM

I only preranked my first overall pick, just in case I had computer problems. Of course I did and they were far worse than I feared lol.

Other than having a top pick, preranking doesn't do much for me though since I draft based on both value and to have a balanced team (I'm not going to draft three RW's in the first five picks for example), so I don't bother with it. I probably should have just left bad enough alone and kept autodrafting instead of trying to draft Marty off my phone and getting Hiller plus a wasted random pick instead. If you could prerank by position that would help but you can't since it defaults to an overall prerank.

I don't even want to look at the draft to see what I could have gotten, but I know Thomas would have been one of my next two picks after Ovi if I were there. At least Carter and Staal are good players and I can work with them but still :P

I was able to draft four of my five defensemen, Roloson, a couple of my back-end forwards and queued up a bunch of centers at one point since that was going to be my next pick but of course I got booted out of the draft again and wound up taking them with the next three picks. Oh well, everyone gets bitten by the live draft sooner or later.

EDIT: nvm the last part, after looking at the wire this morning I decided I liked the forward options there anyway, but I could still use some plus/minus help or one more more high PIM guy that can be a starter.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 02 October 2011 - 08:18 AM.

#59 gogonjdevil

gogonjdevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:31 AM

Hi, again I'm going to show my ignorance to fantasy hockey...but how exactly does this work? Do the player positions lock or do I have to change them daily/weekly? And once you put a player in a position does he lock at that position until a certain point in the week? Thanks.

believe-mb30.jpg
gallery_47_36_882.png of ALL Devil's Fans' Hatred and Animosity toward Bettman!
I HOPE YOU GET A DISFIGURING DISEASE AND HAVE TO GO THROUGH LIFE LOOKING LIKE A TROLL, BETTMAN. Oh...TOO LATE!!

#60 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,873 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:02 AM

You can change spots and positions daily, but each starting position has an 82 game limit for each of your 12 lineup slots.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users