159 replies to this topic

#61 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,516 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:06 AM

Has is there an IR spot??? Tried to put kessler on the IR and it would not let me....
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#62 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,690 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:42 AM

Oh geez, just checked. The league has no IR spot listed and it's too late to change it. I don't get it, I've always had two in the past but for some reason the league defaulted to having zero. Yahoo! is supposed to keep all your settings when you renew a league.

Yahoo has been screwy this year in general. For some reason I defaulted back to an offline draft when I know I set up the live draft while I renewed the league. Good thing ayl noticed a week beforehand it changed.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 06 October 2011 - 08:57 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#63 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:47 AM

In head to head leagues (when you face a specefic team each week and earn a win, loss or tie for the week), you typically set your roster daily (very involved), or weekly (less involved).

This is a rotissire league in which you compete with all 17 teams everyday. So each day, the team with the most goals gets 17 pts for goals... 16, 15, 14 etc. This goes across all the categories we have. A pitfall people run into is that they play they fill their starting roles each day with whatever player is playing - like they would in a head to head league. However, in this league, you only get 82 games per position. So a lot of times you'll see some people jump way out because they overloaded their rosters in the begining... however, once they hit their max games played, there stats no longer contirbute to the score and you'll see them drop in the standings as others gain on them.

The easiest way to play is to play your best players all the time and make small adjustments if they get injured, etc. Or you could micromanage it and ride hot streaks and bench cold streaks, look at matchups etc. Matchups work espeically well with backup goalies on good teams. Typically backups will be played against the bad teams to give their goalies rest... For instance Jonathan Bernier on LA or Cory Scneider on Vancouver.... or even Hedberg if the Devs regain form, etc. You could also play goons/4th liners in rivalerly games to rack up PIMS, etc... but these aren't players you want to have playing every game, etc.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#64 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,690 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:49 AM

Apparently Yahoo! has a problem with IR slots in all renewed leagues, hopefully they'll be able to fix it soon.

EDIT: Holy crap, that's some blockbuster trade to begin the season on!

Edited by NJDevs4978, 06 October 2011 - 11:01 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#65 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:12 AM

Yea... after reviewing my roster I needed more goals... so who better than Perry? I like Zetterberg, and could have used his Faceoffs... but hopefully it works out. I was gambling on a bounceback from Hossa... but used the gamble for a trade for Perry. Callahan should be an alright replacement.

I'm a firm believer that whoever gets the best player (Perry) wins the trade... barring that player getting injured :)

So in this league I have Stamkos/Perry... the other league Ovie/Crosby. yea.

Edited by aylbert, 06 October 2011 - 11:14 AM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#66 gogonjdevil

gogonjdevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:32 AM

In head to head leagues (when you face a specefic team each week and earn a win, loss or tie for the week), you typically set your roster daily (very involved), or weekly (less involved).

This is a rotissire league in which you compete with all 17 teams everyday. So each day, the team with the most goals gets 17 pts for goals... 16, 15, 14 etc. This goes across all the categories we have. A pitfall people run into is that they play they fill their starting roles each day with whatever player is playing - like they would in a head to head league. However, in this league, you only get 82 games per position. So a lot of times you'll see some people jump way out because they overloaded their rosters in the begining... however, once they hit their max games played, there stats no longer contirbute to the score and you'll see them drop in the standings as others gain on them.

The easiest way to play is to play your best players all the time and make small adjustments if they get injured, etc. Or you could micromanage it and ride hot streaks and bench cold streaks, look at matchups etc. Matchups work espeically well with backup goalies on good teams. Typically backups will be played against the bad teams to give their goalies rest... For instance Jonathan Bernier on LA or Cory Scneider on Vancouver.... or even Hedberg if the Devs regain form, etc. You could also play goons/4th liners in rivalerly games to rack up PIMS, etc... but these aren't players you want to have playing every game, etc.

Ok...so if I have somebody that played today...and I used him, then I swapped him out tomorrow for somebody that plays then...it would be bad, because at the end of the season, I would have over used that position, right?

believe-mb30.jpg
gallery_47_36_882.png of ALL Devil's Fans' Hatred and Animosity toward Bettman!
I HOPE YOU GET A DISFIGURING DISEASE AND HAVE TO GO THROUGH LIFE LOOKING LIKE A TROLL, BETTMAN. Oh...TOO LATE!!

#67 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:04 PM

Ok...so if I have somebody that played today...and I used him, then I swapped him out tomorrow for somebody that plays then...it would be bad, because at the end of the season, I would have over used that position, right?

Short answer: yes.

It's a ratio game. You want to get the most goals, etc over 82 games. So if you play one of your rosters spots everyday... your roster spot is done in 82 days from now. You should have a tremoundous lead over somebody who was only using their best player in that spot (lets say you get 28 goals in those plays and they only have 12 right now, but still have 60 games left). However, while you are done accumulating stats, they will continue until they hit their 82 games. So really, you have to think about the best quality you can ice for each game you have. Yahoo will also project for your usage... and estimate if you will come in under or over at the end of the season. You're not penalized (nor do you benefit) for finishing ahead of time, as everyone will get their 82 games.

So ice the best team you can. If your star gets injured for 10 games, etc... think about how you want to replace those 10 games. But really, your bench should only be a reserve pool for injury... Unless of course you are playing matchups, and keeping an eye on your games played. That's really more of advanced skill though.

Edited by aylbert, 06 October 2011 - 01:06 PM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#68 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,690 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:18 PM

Supposedly IR is working now.

#69 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:43 PM

I dont have the option to IR Zajac...
Under scoring and setting, it doesn't list IR as a position... We may be IR-less this year; because adding a roster will force a roster reset.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#70 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:43 PM

I dont have the option to IR Zajac...
Under scoring and setting, it doesn't list IR as a position... We may be IR-less this year; because adding a roster will force a roster reset.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#71 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,690 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:57 PM

Zajac wasn't put on IR by the Devils yet I don't think so he couldn't be put on IR anyway. I guess it's still not working here. The HF leagues are having the same problem with Yahoo! though.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 06 October 2011 - 02:03 PM.

#72 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:25 PM

Zajac wasn't put on IR by the Devils yet I don't think so he couldn't be put on IR anyway. I guess it's still not working here. The HF leagues are having the same problem with Yahoo! though.

He's IR'd on yahoo...

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#73 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,690 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 02:56 PM

Well NOW IR is back (two slots) so you can put Zajac there, red can put Kesler there and Connoly can build a house there...

#74 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 05:42 AM

Well NOW IR is back (two slots) so you can put Zajac there, red can put Kesler there and Connoly can build a house there...

:rofl:

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#75 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,690 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:23 AM

At this point Connolly can start building a damn condo :P

And Hemsky's hurt already too, gee what a shock that is :rolleyes:

#76 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:23 PM

Not sure who bdubdevs is; but you may want to watch your games played total... you're already jumping pretty far above your max games projections for the year. Although you do get to wear the leader crown for a bit that way ;)

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#77 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,690 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

Looking to upgrade at C and G, have offensive defensemen available as well. It'd be nice if there weren't already at least three dead teams going by last league activity (lessens the trading pool) :P

Maybe it really is time to go to weekly matchups for next year since it seems to be the only way to ensure more than 8-10 teams stay active, but I don't want to do that kind of league (especially since another one's already cropped up here). Then again I am doing matchups in another free league and that doesn't seem to be very active either. If I am still running this one next year we aren't having any more than 16 teams, and perhaps less.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 10 November 2011 - 10:13 PM.

#78 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:07 PM

Looking to upgrade at C and G, have offensive defensemen available as well. It'd be nice if there weren't already at least three dead teams going by last league activity (lessens the trading pool) :P

Maybe it really is time to go to weekly matchups for next year since it seems to be the only way to ensure more than 8-10 teams stay active, but I don't want to do that kind of league (especially since another one's already cropped up here).

It should defintely be scaled down to those who stay active (16 or maybe even 12)... but I like having one team in this format. It's less day to day involved, more long term scope planning - how a GM would think about the team if he didn't have to worry about drafting and development :D

If we scale down, I think we should expand the roster size (add a 3rd line, 2nd goalie) to keep the talent search comparable.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#79 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,363 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:23 PM

Sworn Defenders have an NJ Exodus... sending Patrik Elias, Martin Brodeur and Valtteri Filppula to the New Jersey Swamps (fitting) for Eric Staal and Mathieu Garon and a free agent pickup of Thomas Kaberle.

We hope Eric Staal cheers up and gets back to his scoring ways.

Edited by aylbert, 11 November 2011 - 02:41 PM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#80 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,690 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

The only reason I don't want two goalies is the game limit corresponds with position, two goalie spots would mean a 164-game limit, and I think teams would really hoard two goalies, or add-drop daily since it would be near impossible to reach the game limit. I do agree with you on having one of each league.

Now that we've done a trade, anyone want Hiller? Need a starting C in return.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users