159 replies to this topic

#1 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,901 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:17 AM

Well finally Yahoo! has gotten off their a$ and started Fantasy Hockey this year. As per usual I'm hoping to have twenty teams but if not then we'll deal, I'd rather not have the number of dead teams we had last year but will welcome anyone who wants to sign up

Just to distinguish this from the other league, it's roto and the other one's head to head. We start two centers, two LW's, two RW's, four D's, one Utility spot and one goalie, each position with an 82-game limit (ergo, you have a 164-game limit to start a C at).

Our draft will be at some point very close to when the season starts since I'll be overseas from the 6th to the 20th. Right now I have it set as September 29, as so not to conflict with Devil preseason home games or the fact I'm usually busy Tuesday and Saturday nights but if you want to join the league post or let me know what days/times work best for you and we'll try to work something out to ensure maximum attendance possible to the live draft.

When we set the league filled up (probably after I get back from vacation) or have twenty people signed up, then I'll pick my draft spot - my prize for winning the league last year - and randomize everyone else's. I tried to send e-mails to the most active teams last year through Yahoo! but I'm not sure it worked as the site or my work computer seems to be having technical difficulties but I'll PM the league 'regulars' - about seven or eight other people who do join every year and are active - and whoever else is interested the relevant info later.

So, who wants in?

Edited by aylbert, 17 November 2011 - 02:44 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#2 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,498 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:30 AM

I would like to join this one too.

#3 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:37 AM

Sworn Defenders don't see silver medals, they see first losers... the goal is to win. :D

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#4 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,086 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:18 PM

I am in this year, I missed it! Good luck everyone

#5 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,569 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:50 PM

I'm in... the drought has gone on for 2 long... Dynamo Nation is primed for a serious run....
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#6 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,901 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:01 PM

Might as well move it here, still plenty of spots open. If we don't get filled up by the 6th I'll probably make the rest of the entries public, first come first serve (it basically is anyway, I just want to save enough spots for people I'd previously PM'ed until that point) since I won't be around to PM anyone info for two weeks.

There's seven at last count, eight when Manta signs up and I'm only waiting on a couple others.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 31 August 2011 - 08:22 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#7 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,453 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 06:47 PM

Neo-thrashers: present
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#8 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,086 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:52 PM

Join up people, don't be embarrassed or think the league isn't fun. ITs a good way to learn other players in the league and have fun vs. other forum members.

#9 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 08:23 PM

i'm down

#10 Dadds

Dadds

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:30 PM

If their is still room but I woul love in but I live in California an would not be able to attend a live draft
"I think I'm going to become a Devils fan so they start never winning again." A sad flyers fan

"**** this. NJ might as well be allowed to build a brick wall in front of the net and let Marty sit on the bench. Would be no difference" A sad penguins fan

#11 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,201 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:50 AM

I am in!!!

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#12 gogonjdevil

gogonjdevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:46 AM

I'll play.

believe-mb30.jpg
gallery_47_36_882.png of ALL Devil's Fans' Hatred and Animosity toward Bettman!
I HOPE YOU GET A DISFIGURING DISEASE AND HAVE TO GO THROUGH LIFE LOOKING LIKE A TROLL, BETTMAN. Oh...TOO LATE!!

#13 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,576 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:17 AM

Crap Yahoo is still blocked at work :angry:
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#14 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,901 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:31 PM

btw for all the noobs here, post what your team name is so we all pretty much know each other. I know the regulars already even if they changed their names slightly - Pegulaville Sabres is Clown for example :lol:

#15 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,453 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:48 PM

Hey Hass,

Sorry it took so long for me to join. Subliminally, I kept signing in the password as "kovycrap".

:horse:
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#16 Biggie B

Biggie B

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 04:00 PM

I'm interested. Can you link me to the signup page? Thanks!

Team name will be MATISYAHOO!. lol
Posted Image
Holding it down (in loving memory) for Vitaly "THE UKRAINE TRAIN" Vishnevski

If you can't take the heat, step away from the flames.

#17 Z-Man

Z-Man

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:00 PM

If there's still room, I'd love to get in.

zman2227@yahoo.com

Thanks!

#18 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,901 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:35 AM

btw this year I think I'm eliminating a couple of the goalie categories (losses and saves), goalies were just too powerful with one position deciding six categories as opposed to eleven forward/defense positions with eight offensive categories.

So now there's still eight skater categories - goals, assists, points, plus-minus, PIM's, power play points, shorthanded points and faceoff wins.

And four goalie categories - wins, goals against average, save percentage and shutouts.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 02 September 2011 - 06:52 AM.

#19 bdubdevs

bdubdevs

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:50 AM

I'm down! Finished 8th in 09-10, 4th last season. Next step is taking 1st.

#20 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,453 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:00 AM

btw this year I think I'm eliminating a couple of the goalie categories (losses and saves), goalies were just too powerful with one position deciding six categories as opposed to eleven forward/defense positions with eight offensive categories.

So now there's still eight skater categories - goals, assists, points, plus-minus, PIM's, power play points, shorthanded points and faceoff wins.

And four goalie categories - wins, goals against average, save percentage and shutouts.

IF possible I would like to see HITS and Blocked Shots added as well. Not a big fan of only the dimension of the points category having such influence, and distorting the value of other facets of the game.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users