Photo

Which ex-Devil, right or wrong, do you just flat out miss?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 JPntsca

JPntsca

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:12 PM

I would have to say in my shorter time as a devils fan. I think it's really just a bunch of those guys from 03. Lol. I was 13 and I remember following the team like crazy. I really kind of had a soft spot for Friesen and Langenbrunner. Also kind of liked Cory Schwab. That whole 03 team I remember thinking was awesome. But those guys for some reason I just kind of remember. Also after his last season definitely Holik.

#42 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:53 PM

I had thought I missed the Holik who wanted to be a Devil ... But he had nothing to offer on his return.

You just can't miss people. What's done is done. What you get the second time round is anyone's guess. Things just happen at their own time. I miss Zachary Parise, Marty Brodeur, Tallinder. I miss the guys I'm going to see soon enough luckily. I just can't think any other way about it for some reason. Fun to read about though!

Thinking about Gomez - he'd suck here now. He doesn't want to be here. I'd love to miss him but he's not the guy I miss. That guy was a character I made up inmy head :) :noclue:

Zach. Yep iPhone autocorrect. I hate that!

Edited by Pepperkorn, 27 August 2011 - 08:55 PM.

I'm here for the party

#43 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:29 PM

Stevens. Hands down. Avery would be a rolling around in a Gucci wheelchair and pissing in a Calvin Klein catheter right now if Scotty was around for his clown antics.

This could be, quite simply, the finest thing I've read in probably a week. Well played, sir!
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#44 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:44 PM

Not to take the humor away -- but I hope players realize Avery would be too cowed to even TRY his antics. And more importantly he'd never get. Stupid breakaway. Stevens time would hardly be waited on the ice with the scrub fora other thing. But whoever WAS on icewould know where to be to keep the little shut in check. Plus Avery would be too busy drooling over Scotty to play even. <_<

Wtf. I hate iPhones. Seriously. Feck editing this sh!te

Edited by Pepperkorn, 27 August 2011 - 09:46 PM.

I'm here for the party

#45 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,311 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:00 PM

retired - rafalski, stevens

current - gionta

#46 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:16 PM

I can't sleep I just want this hurricane to be done with so I know what's going on with my family. And i hope my sisters ex husbands boat floated away... <_< and he forgot his last insurance payment

I'm here for the party

#47 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,801 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:34 PM

Stevens, not even a question. It hasn't been the same since he retired.

Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#48 mort4345

mort4345

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:04 PM

Scott Stevens (favorite retired player I miss) and Mad Dog as the non-retired player I miss the most. But both those guys are what the Devils were/are all about.

#49 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:07 PM

Doc :(

#50 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 12:04 PM

Doc :(

Yeah -- we haven't even begun to feel that pain... :evilcry:

I'm here for the party

#51 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 01:14 AM

What's with all the love for Gionta? IIRC everyone (myself included) was pretty sick of him by the time his contract was up.

Anyway the Devils player I miss who is still in the NHL...

Paul Martin.

He is such an under rated defender and I he would have really solidified our defense.
Posted Image

#52 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:14 AM

:puke: I hate Martin! It's probably unfair but he just reminds of a sandbagger just like Nieds. When he was good I always felt like he was holding back too much but in total fairness when he tried to turn it on he was jut a normal solid defenseman. He brought nothing extraordinary to the table - BUT brains I guess are extraordinary... :noclue: I don't miss him at all but he's probably better than I've ever given him credit for. He's probably done the most with what he's got rather than held back on his talents. Either way I found him infuriating more often than not.

I'm here for the party

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users