302 replies to this topic

#301 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,262 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:55 PM

Bumping this thread because of an awesome tweet from Wedgewood and news on a former (well still technically a prospect) Daly.

Scott Wedgewood

"Walked into a bathroom today with a guy at a urinal and asked him "is this where all the dicks hangout?" And he literally pissed on himself"

:rofl: This dude rules!

Daly Transferring to D-3 St. Thomas

For the most part, everyone following the Wisconsin hockey program was shocked when freshman defenseman Patrick Daly announced in early March that he was leaving the Badgers. The 6'0, 180 pound rear guard came to Madison last fall off the heels of being selected in the 7th round of the NHL draft by the New Jersey Devils.

At the time, Daly told us that the move was academically driven. "I didn't see myself playing in the NHL, so I wanted to spend my time focusing on improving my GPA rather then my hockey abilities," Daly noted.

However a little less than two months later it looks like the young blue-liner from Victoria, Minnesota has had a bit of a change of heart. Daly told Bucky's 5th Quarter on Monday night that he's planing on transferring to the D-3 level at St. Thomas, a private University in St. Paul.

"Hockey is a great game and after thinking long and hard about whether or not I wanted to completely give it up, I decided that I still had the itch to play," Daly said.

Not a really a prospect anymore, but good for him to get into a more favorable situation academically and he still gets to play the game he loves. Best of luck to him.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#302 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,262 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:40 PM

I'll make a new thread sometime after the draft but I thought this was worth noting now. Reid Boucher and Blake Pietila have been invited to the US Junior Evaluation in August. I doubt either makes the cut for the WJC but it would be awesome to see.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#303 Cerberus

Cerberus

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:37 AM

Has anyone taken a look at Blake Coleman's twitter recently? The kid really seems gung-ho about being a part of the organization. It's good to see.

http://twitter.com/#!/bcoles25

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users