246 replies to this topic

#141 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,676 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:29 PM

Urbom to replace Taormina in the AHL All Star game.

Excellent! I was afraid they wouldn't use another Devil to replace him.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#142 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,195 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 12:34 AM

Elmira lost to Gwinnett 4-3: Pielmeier (Stopped 22 of 26 shots, Allowed 3 PPG).
Pielmeier: 18 GP 2.98 GAA .908 SV%

http://blog.timesuni...all-star/10983/

The closest to a return has been defenseman Matt Corrente, out since Dec. 27 with a hamstring injury, is skating again and is close to returning. Fellow d-man Jay Leach, whose last game was Dec. 16 after aggravating a previous leg injury, is not close to returning, according to Kowalsky.

Even with those injuries, the Devils have seven healthy defensemen, thanks to Taormina’s temporary return. “It’s been a long time,” Kowalsky said. “We’ve been skating on thin ice with that, but now we have some options.”

Forwards Matt Anderson, Nathan Perkovich and J.S. Berube, all with lower-body injures, all sat out practice and will not be available this weekend.

http://www.dailygaze...26/crowded-ice/

Kowalsky on Urbom

“He’s made huge strides. Last year, he started in the NHL and maybe it wasn’t the best thing for him at the time. He maybe thought he should have been there. But he came in [this season] with a totally different attitude, different mindset into training camp. He’s been great. He’s made great strides, and it’s good to see him rewarded. Because of our depth, we maybe over-used him [last season], if that’s the right term. Last year, he was on the power play — and not to say he couldn’t play the power play, but it was probably too much ice for a 19-year-old kid — as a result, he ended up playing tired and trying to do too much. This year, he’s been great.

“He’s really emerged in practices. He’s a quiet — he speaks up once in a while, but his competitive nature is starting to come out. He’ll let guys know if they’re not doing things hard or doing things the right way.

Kowalsky on Whitney

“He can shoot the puck. He’s been struggling a little bit, as of late. Playing with Tedenby probably helped, he made a heck of a play, but I’ll tell you, his second goal on his forehand — Gelinas missed the net ... We just watched it again this morning. He was in between the bottom of the circle and the goal line. He one-timed it on his forehand, popped the water bottle right off. Joe can score. I’ve been saying all year, he’s got a little something extra, offensively, that we don’t have here. Now, with this lineup, we have some guys. But if he can continue to push himself and learn the other part of the game, I think he can be a heck of a player at this level.”

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#143 Beetlebum

Beetlebum

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 09:56 AM

it is very important the devils don't trade urbom.

#144 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,195 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:06 PM

Albany Season Stats (Spreadsheet Here):
Posted Image

ECHL Season Stats (Spreadsheet Here):
Posted Image

Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#145 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,195 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:08 PM

Albany lost to Binghamton 3-2. Scoring for the Devils, 28 seconds apart, was Taormina (5) (PP, Harrold and Josefson) and Veilleux (9) (Zharkov and Taormina). Frazee stopped 21 of 24 shots. Zharkov has 5 assists in his past 5 games. Here is the gamesheet. Below are the highlights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWo4r-6yQNE

Their next game is Saturday against Adirondack at 5:00.

Kalamazoo lost to Cincinnati 3-2 in OT: Young (DNP - Healthy), Haczyk (Goal, E, 2 PIM - Hooking, 3 Shots - 2nd Star), and Clermont (42 Saves on 45 Shots, Assist).

Edited by thefiestygoat, 27 January 2012 - 11:54 PM.

#146 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 11:52 PM

Nice to see Taormina with a couple of points in that one. What do you think the chances are of Zharkov making it in the NHL some time soon? Specifically in something other than a fourth line role, I mean. It's strange how things don't translate sometimes.

#147 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,195 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:00 AM

Nice to see Taormina with a couple of points in that one. What do you think the chances are of Zharkov making it in the NHL some time soon? Specifically in something other than a fourth line role, I mean. It's strange how things don't translate sometimes.

If it was up to me Zharkov would be playing over guys like Boulton and Janssen and would've had a shot before Sestito and Zalewski. I really think he could be a valuable 3rd/4th liner for the Devils but it looks like they have no intention of him playing in New Jersey this year. I've heard rumors/speculation that he has an agreement with Lou to go back to Russia for next season if he doesn't make the team by the end of this year. I don't know how legitimate it is but it wouldn't surprise me.

Edited by thefiestygoat, 28 January 2012 - 12:01 AM.

#148 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,195 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:42 PM

Albany defeated Adirondack 3-0. Scoring for the Devils was Sestito (4) (Wiseman and Kinkaid), Harrold (2) (Veilleux and Zalewski), and Josefson (2) (EN, Wiseman and Gionta). Kinkaid had a 30 save shutout to go along with his assist to earn 1st star. Sestito and Harrold earned 2nd and 3rd stars respectively. Here is the gamesheet. Highlights and line-up below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYrpFmUyaE8

Via Bill Cain:
Tedenby-Josefson-Bernier
Wiseman-Sestito-Gionta
Veilleux-Zajac-Sislo
Whitney-Zalewski-Zharkov

Urbom-Harrold
Banwell-Taormina
Kelly-Gelinas

Their next game is Friday against Connecticut at 7:00.

Kalamazoo defeated Wheeling 2-1: Young (DNP), Haczyk (E, 2 Shots), and Clermont (DNP).

Elmira lost to Gwinnett 4-1: Pielmeier (27 Saves on 30 Shots).

#149 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:20 AM

Nice to see Kinkaid keeps playing well. Also, nice to hear that they had over 8,000 in attendance at the game. Thanks for the updates.
Posted Image

#150 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,676 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:41 PM

I'm at the AHL All Star skills competition. Never realized how big Urbom was. Theres a good amount of Devils fans here.

Also, our old friend Yann Danis is here!
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#151 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,195 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

AHL Skills Competition: Urbom competed in the hardest shot with a shot of 91.4 MPH which was the slowest of the 8 competitors as well as the Pass and Score competition where his trio including Keith Aucoin and Kyle Palmieri scored 1 goal on 3 attempts against Matt Hackett.

Kalamazoo defeated Reading 5-1: Young (DNP), Haczyk (E, 4 Shots), and Clermont (41 Saves on 42 Shots - 2nd Star).

Elmira lost to South Carolina 4-3 in a SO: Pielmeier (26 Saves on 29 Shots, Stopped 1 of 4 in SO).

#152 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,715 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:37 PM

AHL Skills Competition: Urbom competed in the hardest shot with a shot of 91.4 MPH which was the slowest of the 8 competitors as well as the Pass and Score competition where his trio including Keith Aucoin and Kyle Palmieri scored 1 goal on 3 attempts against Matt Hackett.

Kalamazoo defeated Reading 5-1: Young (DNP), Haczyk (E, 4 Shots), and Clermont (41 Saves on 42 Shots - 2nd Star).

Elmira lost to South Carolina 4-3 in a SO: Pielmeier (26 Saves on 29 Shots, Stopped 1 of 4 in SO).

Keep up the good work feisty!

#153 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

the AHL AllStar game is on MSG... wow is that place empty, i do feel bad for the players for that reason
POTATO!!!

#154 mxm262

mxm262

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:29 PM

the AHL AllStar game is on MSG... wow is that place empty, i do feel bad for the players for that reason

My guess they announce around 7,000. I think it looks like a decent crowd. It's a larger venue. Ive been to many old bullies games, and one of Devils games last year. A 4-5,000 crowd is a decent atmosphere.

Wish I could have gone to this, scratching me head as to why this is on a Monday.

#155 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,195 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:50 PM

Obviously its not a real game with no defense being played but if anyone is curious: East lost to West 8-7 (SO): Urbom: Assist, -2, 1 Shot

#156 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,515 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:53 PM

My guess they announce around 7,000. I think it looks like a decent crowd. It's a larger venue. Ive been to many old bullies games, and one of Devils games last year. A 4-5,000 crowd is a decent atmosphere.

Wish I could have gone to this, scratching me head as to why this is on a Monday.

The AHL is a weekend league, I don't think there's room in the schedule to skip an entire weekend, especially losing a weekend to Christmas.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#157 Weekes Head

Weekes Head

Coulier's #1 Fan

• Members
  • 21,581 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:09 AM

i went to the events this weekend. it was neat hearing the devils pa announcer last night. the mascots were annoying as hell. we were on the glass and the binghampton senator guy kept fvcking with us. at one point he was pretending to scoot by everyone in the row and stuck his ass in all of our faces. when he did that, he knocked my brother's beer all over his girlfriend. some event staff chick came down and gave us some balled up nasty napkins and then walked away. what a pain.

the intermission was wonderfully pathetic. they had the mascots come on the ice and play a mini game. best part was one of them didn't realize he still had a cover on one of his skates so when he jumped onto the ice he busted his ass. got up, tried to skate and fell again. lol. they also failed on the whole chuck a puck exercise. everyone in the crowd just started hurling the pucks, pelting all the mascots and the kids that were on the ice trying to do a score-o type game. they had to make multiple announcements pleading for the fans to stop throwing the pucks ha.

urbom is huge. didn't realize how big he is.

...poster claims to have a friend whos father know Kovalchucks agent's close partner and he was told by his friends father that they are just sorting the details out.

The artist formerly known as RD

#158 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

Albany defeated Adirondack 3-0. Scoring for the Devils was Sestito (4) (Wiseman and Kinkaid), Harrold (2) (Veilleux and Zalewski), and Josefson (2) (EN, Wiseman and Gionta). Kinkaid had a 30 save shutout to go along with his assist to earn 1st star. Sestito and Harrold earned 2nd and 3rd stars respectively. Here is the gamesheet. Highlights and line-up below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYrpFmUyaE8

If anyone watched to the very end of the video, you'd have heard that this game set a Lowell/Albany franchise record with 8194 in attendance. Unfortunately, they were quieter than you'd think for a crowd that size, but the game itself was rather quiet, especially in the first two periods. It was the largest attendance figure for an Albany AHL game since March 15, 2002, when the River Rats lost to the Syracuse Crunch 5-2 in front of 8402 fans.

The AHL is a weekend league, I don't think there's room in the schedule to skip an entire weekend, especially losing a weekend to Christmas.

Exactamundo.
Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#159 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,195 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:18 PM

Kalamazoo lost to South Carolina 4-3 in a SO: Young (DNP - Medical Scratch), Haczyk (-1, 1 Shot), and Clermont (DNP).

Young: 25 GP 1 G 5 A 6 Pts +3 43 PIM 24 SOG 4.17 SH%

Haczyk: 43 GP 11 G 4 A 15 Pts +6 8 PIM 111 SOG 9.91 SH%
- Tied 4th on the team in Goals

Clermont: 16 GP 8-5-1-0 3.25 GAA .901 SV%
- Ranks 25th in GAA and 22nd in SV%

- Kalamazoo is currently 1st in the North Division and 3rd in the Eastern Conference with 53 points.

Elmira lost to Wheeling 4-1: Pielmeier (DNP).

Pielmeier: 20 GP 9-7-1-1 2.97 GAA .907 SV%
- Ranks 16th in GAA and 15th in SV%

- Elmira is currently 1st in the Atlantic Division and 2nd in the Eastern Conference with 54 points

#160 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,195 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

Albany lost to Connecticut 3-2 in the teams' final match up of the season. Scoring for the Devils was Gelinas (8) (Veilleux and Zajac) and Whitney (12) (Zajac and Veilleux). Kinkaid stopped 21 of 24 shots. Veilleux has 4 points in his past 3 games (1-3-4). As I mentioned in the other thread Harrold was a healthy scratch indicating he is being called up. Here is the gamesheet. Highlights below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qSIjEIRd-s

Their next game is Saturday against Wilkes-Barre/Scranton at 7:05.

Kalamazoo lost to Toledo 5-4: Young (DNP - Medical), Haczyk (DNP - I'm assuming medical), and Clermont (Stopped 33 of 38 Shots).

Elmira lost to Wheeling 4-3 in a SO: Pielmeier (Stopped 32 of 35 Shots, Stopped 5 of 7 in SO).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users