74 replies to this topic

#21 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:02 AM

I don't doubt Bryant > Jones, it was just uncertainty about the matchups. If Revis was on Bryant the entire game, he probably doesn't score more than Jones. He was completely shut down after the 1st quarter.

Edited by nmigliore, 12 September 2011 - 10:04 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#22 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:07 AM

I don't doubt Bryant > Jones, it was just uncertainty about the matchups. If Revis was on Bryant the entire game, he probably doesn't score more than Jones. He was completely shut down after the 1st quarter.

I didn't watch the game, but from what I read this morning, Revis nor Cromartie could stop him. He slowed down due to dehydration otherwise he could have run the table on the Jets D (based on the newspaper this morning).
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#23 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:13 AM

Were my eyes deceiving me or what that really the Buffalo Bills yesterday?? :rofl:

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#24 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:34 AM

Were my eyes deceiving me or what that really the Buffalo Bills yesterday?? :rofl:

Is it the Shaun Merrimen impact?
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#25 SMantzas

SMantzas

Assistant Coach

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 12:23 PM

He shared his "secrets" to the Bills

#26 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:20 PM

I took a late flier on Ochocinco in the draft in my deep TD-only league. Its not even 1 full half yet, but his role on the Pats looks like bench warmer. Eesh.

Edited by nmigliore, 12 September 2011 - 07:25 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#27 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,386 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:34 PM

Looks like Koppen's toast. Another Pat lineman gone.

Ocho may not put up big numbers as a Patriot, but thats ok as long as he's trying. Moss didn't.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#28 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:10 PM

Looks like Koppen's toast. Another Pat lineman gone.

Ocho may not put up big numbers as a Patriot, but thats ok as long as he's trying. Moss didn't.

Where have you been? Do you only come out when the Pats are on???

Ocho will be third or forth string by week 7. He is just not that good. All the talk about Moss coming back doesn't speak well for Ocho-stinko.

FYI: hoping for big night for Welker, carpenter and Moreno later. :whistling:
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#29 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,386 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:20 PM

Ocho will be third or forth string by week 7. He is just not that good. All the talk about Moss coming back doesn't speak well for Ocho-stinko.

FYI: hoping for big night for Welker, carpenter and Moreno later. :whistling:

Where did I say he was good, or even imply that? I said as long as he tries...Moss was making absolutely no effort last season (and not much after 2007, really). I posted quite some time ago that I wasn't in favor of Ocho coming aboard. But I don't think the Pats were hoping for huge numbers from him.
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#30 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:39 PM

Ocho will be third or forth string by week 7.

Unless hes mostly sitting out because hes still learning the offense, he might already be there. Welker, Branch, Gronkowski, and Hernandez have all gotten much more looks and playing time.

Edited by nmigliore, 12 September 2011 - 08:41 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

- Jim Leyland

#31 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,393 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:52 PM

Where did I say he was good, or even imply that? I said as long as he tries...Moss was making absolutely no effort last season (and not much after 2007, really). I posted quite some time ago that I wasn't in favor of Ocho coming aboard. But I don't think the Pats were hoping for huge numbers from him.

Did not say you did. I was just adding my commentary.

I agree, I don't think the Pats see him as anything but depth for Welker. Your TE's are already over shadowing you WR's....this week. Next week Brady will use them as decoy's for Welker & Branch.

Wow. Henne just got hit by two trains on 3rd & long.

Edited by MantaRay, 12 September 2011 - 08:55 PM.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#32 '7'

'7'

A Legend

• Members
  • 14,004 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:16 PM

First of many!

Posted Image

In no way cheering on a Patriots win but...

How about that vaunted Dolphins defense!!!
^7^ is just defending his sport sheeps.. as Alcibiades the exiled Athenian rationalizes in his speech to the enemy Spartans, he wants to take revenge on Athens because he loves it and can't stand to see the state it's in now - Triumph
Posted Image Posted Image

#33 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:19 PM

..any Pats fan that dances after tonights game is a fool.
This has been the New England script, for the past 5 years. It's Madden football, from September till November. Then the playoffs come, and they're nowhere to be found.

They'll impress me if they can do this in January. If not.. it'll be 4 playoff losses in-a-row.

--------EDIT:

How about that vaunted Dolphins defense!!!

I feel bad for Jason Taylor. He deserved better than to have his career end like this. He should've stayed in New York. :(

Edited by Beezer34, 12 September 2011 - 09:22 PM.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#34 SS#4-Life

SS#4-Life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:27 PM

2 minutesand change left and brady is still out there thrwing passes. the teams scord 40 points and hes got 500 yards. i just dont get y u would risk injury

#35 Beezer34

Beezer34

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:40 PM

2 minutesand change left and brady is still out there thrwing passes. the teams scord 40 points and hes got 500 yards. i just dont get y u would risk injury

They do that deliberately, to try to intimidate other teams/coaches/players that are watching them. They've done it for years.
The saddest thing is (with the exception of the Jets & Ravens) it actually works! So many teams psych themselves out before the coinflip, when they play New England.

"...quicker than Esa Tikkanen's tenure with the New Jersey Devils." -Brian Duff (regarding Ted Saskin's NHLPA authority) smiley-happy112.gif

#36 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,386 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:43 PM

1,110 yards of offense between the Pats and Dolphins tonight. A win is a win, but BB will definitely harp on Miami's 488 yards of offense...even if some of them came in garbage time.

#30 FOREVER!

#37 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,098 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:30 AM

Posted Image

Brutal!

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#38 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,386 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:43 AM

..any Pats fan that dances after tonights game is a fool.
This has been the New England script, for the past 5 years. It's Madden football, from September till November. Then the playoffs come, and they're nowhere to be found.

They'll impress me if they can do this in January. If not.. it'll be 4 playoff losses in-a-row.

I wouldn't say Pat fans are dancing, and no one won a Super Bowl last night, but yeah, I'm enjoying a Week 1 victory. Who wouldn't?

To be fair (and I know you're not capable of this), the last two seasons fit firmly under the "nowhere to be found" category. The season before those, they lost Brady in Week 1 and still managed to go 11-5 (becoming the second team in NFL history to miss the playoffs with that mark). And the season before that...well, we all know what happened...18-1 with one Giant loss. Sucked for me, but a great moment for football, in that it was one of the greatest upsets in the history of the league...but at least they still got to the big game (as a Jet fan, you're not in much of a position to minimize Super Bowl appearances). The year before that, they lost in the AFC championship game to the Colts.

So if we're keeping a tally of the last 5 Patriot seasons:
2010: disastrous loss to Jets at home
2009: embarrassing loss to Ravens at home
2008: missed playoffs, though went 11-5 w/o Brady
2007: reached SB, lost to Giants
2006: reached AFC Conf final, lost to Colts

If you want to criticize the Pats for the last two seasons, fine...they deserve all of it, and I've said that in a lot of ways they've morphed into the Colts...a team that puts up pretty numbers during the regular season, but doesn't respond well come playoff time. They've become a bit of a front-running bully team. But to lump all FIVE seasons together as the same thing over and over again isn't at all accurate.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 13 September 2011 - 11:54 AM.

#30 FOREVER!

#39 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:53 PM

Pats defense was a lot better last night than people realize. After the first drive of the game the Dolphins went 2-13 on 3rd down which killed the Pats last season as the worst 3rd down team in the league. On a hot & humid Miami night the Pats rotated their D-line like crazy in order to keep everybody fresh and that resulted in Henne getting popped multiple times and 4 sacks. The Dolphins got 14 points via a turnover (Brady INT returned inside 10) and garbage time (final Miami TD). The Pats D basically played prevent for the final 8:00 of the game because nomatter what Miami's offense did it was obvious Miami's D wouldn't stop Brady. The game was much more a 38-10 or 31-10 variety than the 38-24 final score.

#40 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,970 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:28 PM

Is it the Shaun Merrimen impact?

Partly. It's the GM Buddy Nix's impact.

Some names:

Kyle Williams.
Marcell Darieus
Kelvin Shepard
Nick Barnett
Kirk Morrison

A transformation of the defense has begun. Mostly SEC guys which, although we know that conferences cheats like crazy and never gets caught, produces big, physical players on defense and that is how the Bills are building this defense. Finally, what the living hell took so long!

On offense, the Bills finally have a solid QB in Fitz. While is is not spectacular, he is a smart QB (high Wonderlic scores, Ivy League guy) who is mobile, and has become the unquestioned leader of the team.

The OL is still is work in progress, but is slowly coming together, but I do not expect it to be a strength.

Lee Evans will NOT be missed. He will help Baltimore more then hurt Buffalo. David Nelson and Donald Jones are two WR's that you will hear more about someday (just not on ESPN, they are too busy with their beloved Pats and Eagles now). Stevie Johnson is the clear #1 WR here and he and Fitz hopefully will be signed soon.

Fred Jackson is a tough runner, and can find a small hole and fight for yards. He runs like every carry is his last. CJ Spiller needs to learn from Fred, but I am fearing he will not live up to his billing.

8-8 would be a good season and something to build on for 2012..

Now if we can just get a real owner....

Edited by LOTCB, 13 September 2011 - 06:28 PM.

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users