#221 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,980 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:28 PM

FLACCO FAIL

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#222 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,448 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:10 PM

As it turned out that one goalline fumble early cost me like eleven or twelve points lol...MJD's six on what could have been a TD, a -2 for his fumble, a +2 for your defense on the fumble recovery and another couple on the points your defense didn't give up.

In any case, congrats and good job on the win (and really on your managing so far as a whole). Hopefully we'll get a rematch in a few weeks.

Not sure how much consolation this is for you after THAT Raven loss though :P

Thanks Has, looking forward to our next battle. Hopefully, we will meet with full rosters next time.

No consolation for that loss. That was a terrible game, but we can learn from it and be better next week.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#223 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,448 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:14 PM

FLACCO FAIL

Flacco actually played a pretty good game, in spite of our O-Line breakdowns.

We learn from this. I am so confident in Flacco, Cameron and the Harbaugh fixing this I am starting Flacco over Stafford this week.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#224 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:27 PM

Flacco actually played a pretty good game, in spite of our O-Line breakdowns.

We learn from this. I am so confident in Flacco, Cameron and the Harbaugh fixing this I am starting Flacco over Stafford this week.

Considering Stafford may not play this week that's not all that much of a statement.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#225 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,448 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:31 PM

Considering Stafford may not play this week that's not all that much of a statement.

He was Day to Day yesterday.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#226 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:09 PM

Lol, its kinda funny, the week I play Ayl, Forte and matt Ryan are both on Bye, so we wont be able ot see who won that trade lol

#227 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:30 AM

Lol, its kinda funny, the week I play Ayl, Forte and matt Ryan are both on Bye, so we wont be able ot see who won that trade lol

Ryan hasn't put up giant numbers yet... although has outperformed Josh Freeman...
Forte has only gotten better... I thought I was selling him at peak...

So I'll give you the win on that trade... although I don't regret trying to upgrade my QB.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#228 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,866 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:43 AM

While we're looking back, you've gotten by far the best of your Foster/CJ 'swap' so far even if Foster missed a couple games early. I was the only one at the time that thought CJ's holdout would be a problem in season lol.

And god, Manta would be scary good if he had kept Rodgers given his point total so far without him.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 26 October 2011 - 09:43 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#229 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,448 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:52 AM

While we're looking back, you've gotten by far the best of your Foster/CJ 'swap' so far even if Foster missed a couple games early. I was the only one at the time that thought CJ's holdout would be a problem in season lol.

And god, Manta would be scary good if he had kept Rodgers given his point total so far without him.

While Rodgers is god like, and I HATED to deal one of my favorite players, it has been the depth I was able to procure as a result of this trade that has me in first place.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#230 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,866 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:15 AM

While Rodgers is god like, and I HATED to deal one of my favorite players, it has been the depth I was able to procure as a result of this trade that has me in first place.

Well technically you picked Stafford, Flacco and Sims-Walker with the picks you traded for (Graham was your own pick in that round)
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#231 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,448 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:02 AM

Well technically you picked Stafford, Flacco and Sims-Walker with the picks you traded for (Graham was your own pick in that round)

Stafford has carried me most weeks, Flacco is a great back-up;

Sims-Walker was a bust, but I parlayed him with Decker from the Broncos (pre-Tebow) who also carried me the weeks Stafford couldn't. Either way, I have the best group of starters I have ever had in terms of balance.

Edited by MantaRay, 26 October 2011 - 11:03 AM.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#232 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:43 PM

I'm quite happy that Austin Collie was auto-picked... I was going to take him, and would have passed on Steve Smith.
But overall... at 1-6. I can't be happy about much.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#233 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,448 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:50 PM

I'm quite happy that Austin Collie was auto-picked... I was going to take him, and would have passed on Steve Smith.

Manning killed you.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#234 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,866 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:00 PM

Manning killed you.

Oh, how little we actually know on draft day. To think I was kicking myself for being a weenie and passing on my favorite non-Jet. But the fact he wasn't even cleared for practice, involved in OTA's or even able to talk with the Colts doctors during the lockout had me worried that he'd be at least a few weeks before getting back on track.

Like passing on Gronkowski for a fifth WR? :whistling:

#235 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,448 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:11 PM

Oh, how little we actually know on draft day. To think I was kicking myself for being a weenie and passing on my favorite non-Jet. But the fact he wasn't even cleared for practice, involved in OTA's or even able to talk with the Colts doctors during the lockout had me worried that he'd be at least a few weeks before getting back on track.

To me: I saw the writing on the wall about Manning, to the point he wasn't even on my top 20 QB chart. Which is also why I was so pissed that the hurricane forced Austin Collie on me.

I thought initially he would miss maybe the first two to three weeks, but would be playing catch up the whole season without camp.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#236 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:18 PM

Like passing on Gronkowski for a fifth WR? :whistling:

You stole him from me... I didn't even have him as a potential pick... I had him as a final pick on my side. You going backup TE through me off.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#237 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,866 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:20 PM

To me: I saw the writing on the wall about Manning, to the point he wasn't even on my top 20 QB chart. Which is also why I was so pissed that the hurricane forced Austin Collie on me.

I thought initially he would miss maybe the first two to three weeks, but would be playing catch up the whole season without camp.

lol I wouldn't go that far, the second round was just too high to deal with that much of a risk. Plus I figured I needed a WR more anyway since all the elite ones would be gone by the time it got back to me, which they were.

Usually I like to play it safe with my first few picks then take risks, which is why Beanie Wells in the fourth round was out of character for me. I'm glad Felix Jones got taken on me now, even though Beanie's had his own injury issues at least he's been good 'when' he's played :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 26 October 2011 - 03:21 PM.

#238 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

Manning killed you.

My 2nd rounder wasn't going to phenomenal; but yea... that hurt a lot. If I didn't go with Manning... I would have gone Bryant or Romo. And if I went Romo, I would of stuck with him rather than gamble on trading Forte for Ryan.
That's too many what ifs... sh!t happens :)

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#239 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,866 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:24 PM

You stole him from me... I didn't even have him as a potential pick... I had him as a final pick on my side. You going backup TE through me off.

TE really went 17-18 deep it felt in the draft with all the potential sleeper picks. I didn't really like what was left on the board at other positions though I was annoyed VALUE Laflamme - jacked me on Jordy Nelson later lol (I didn't think too many people would take 5th WR's when you only play two most weeks, and quite a few did).

Edited by NJDevs4978, 26 October 2011 - 10:14 PM.

#240 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:26 PM

TE really went 17-18 deep it felt in the draft with all the potential sleeper picks. I didn't really like what was left on the board at other positions though I was annoyed VALUE jacked me on Jordy Nelson later lol (I didn't think too many people would take 5th WR's when you only play two most weeks, and quite a few did).

I think WR this year was really questionable... so it was more like grab what you can and see who plays well and drop the duds.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users