352 replies to this topic

#261 UnderDogX

UnderDogX

Graphics Master

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:28 PM

the mystery that is McGahee....if you guys ever want him to get hurt just ask me to play him. One week I play him, he goes out early. Next week I don't because he's questionable and he has a monster game. This week I play him even though he's probable and he gets hurt again.... :doh1:

Edited by UnderDogX, 13 November 2011 - 02:29 PM.

'05-'06 Hobey Baker Award Winner (Best Rookie Poster)

*click click* *whistle whistle* "Its my thing, my trademark...its what I do."

#262 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,866 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:35 PM

I wish the Bears D would save some of these points for when I'm not already winning by a hundred :lol:
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#263 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,866 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:11 AM

I guess I did shatter the NJDevs record for points in a game thanks to Gronkowski against the Jets :P It's almost certainly a record for margin of victory too.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 14 November 2011 - 12:18 AM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#264 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,448 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:39 AM

I wish the Bears D would save some of these points for when I'm not already winning by a hundred :lol:

Or when I have a starting QB against them.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#265 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:47 PM

Or when I have a starting QB against them.

Yea but you are only down 12 with Jennings left, Id say you are in good shape.

#266 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,448 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 09:44 AM

Yea but you are only down 12 with Jennings left, Id say you are in good shape.

I thought so too. But after Rodgers extended his TD streak. They took Jennings out of the game.

So I lost by like 3 points.....to YOU.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#267 RSC

RSC

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

5 game losing streak...classic.

"The real fans are always going to be the fans. They’re always going to support you." Ilya Kovalchuk, 11/11/2010

"I am a greedy little pansy." Ilya Kovalchuk 7/11/2013

Proud winner of the 2009-10 NJDevs Conn Smythe Trophy for best poster during the playoffs

#268 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,917 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:45 PM

Someone in my money league traded Benson for Schwab over the weekend....FAIL!!!!! :rofl:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#269 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,448 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:51 PM

Someone in my money league traded Benson for Schwab over the weekend....FAIL!!!!! :rofl:

Yikes.

Who is going to be the first to draft Leinhardt????

Edited by MantaRay, 15 November 2011 - 03:28 PM.

IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#270 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,866 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:41 PM

That's just bad timing. I can't get over the fact UDX had both Schaub AND Cassel as his QB's.

#271 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

That's just bad timing. I can't get over the fact UDX had both Schaub AND Cassel as his QB's.

It be funny/sad if Matt Cassel was even an average QB, but he flat out sucks. Scary to think how good that NE juggernaut was in 2007-2008 that Matt Cassel could lead them to an 11-5 record.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#272 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,917 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:51 PM

It be funny/sad if Matt Cassel was even an average QB, but he flat out sucks. Scary to think how good that NE juggernaut was in 2007-2008 that Matt Cassel could lead them to an 11-5 record.

He puts up decent enough stats....and you do NOT need to be a good QB to be a great fantasy QB (look at Vick and Teebow)

I could only wish I could hear the rage on the dude who is stuck in the waiting period on Schaub since he's out for the year!!!

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#273 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:17 PM

I'll be nice and play my DEF. I thought of benching the Giants and just take the win since I'm officially out of the playoffs and won't need points to bump me in/out. But, I'll play nice spoiler :)

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#274 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,866 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 08:30 PM

I've got almost a 40-point lead and am still concerned :lol: MJ can get some points with Eli, D-Jax (if he decides to show up) and the NE defense against Tyler Palko. Fortunately I still have Gronk but hopefully tonight doesn't turn into a shootout and the results gets all but locked.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 20 November 2011 - 08:43 PM.

#275 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

I've got almost a 40-point lead and am still concerned :lol: MJ can get some points with Eli, D-Jax (if he decides to show up) and the NE defense against Tyler Palko. Fortunately I still have Gronk but hopefully tonight doesn't turn into a shootout and the results gets all but locked.

Gotta love the arrogance costing 50 yrds - I'm starting to hate DJax and want him off the team (birds fan)

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#276 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:22 PM

I didn't no taunting could be an offsetting penalty. I have never seen taunting take away penalty either. Wouldn't it just be 15 yards from the spot after the catch?

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#277 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,917 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 10:29 PM

I didn't no taunting could be an offsetting penalty. I have never seen taunting take away penalty either. Wouldn't it just be 15 yards from the spot after the catch?

That's what I thought, but I guess when you have offseting fouls like that....while lame....Jackson is an idiot and a hothead...he's not doing his contract any favors

#278 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,396 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:12 AM

Im more surprised he didnt get anything for deliberately bumping the ref when he was lining up for the next play. It seemed beyond obvious it was intentional and disrespectful

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#279 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,866 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:50 PM

lol I completely forgot to check the result until now since I was so aggravated about the Devils game. Gronk really saved my ass (again), I would have been ticked losing to a last place team that put up 110+ this week.

Two more wins to the top seed. I'll probably get a bye with just one win given how far ahead I am in points of most of the teams (given that's the tiebreaker), but finishing with the best record and point total would be nice too. Even if it makes me more likely to fall victim to the 'playoff upset' :P

Edited by NJDevs4978, 22 November 2011 - 12:24 AM.

#280 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:35 AM

I think both you and I clinch playoff spots once this all rolls over, though. So its a start

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users