352 replies to this topic

#21 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:26 PM

Baltimore Sucks. Lol. I want my team back at least i had a semblance of an offense there >=(

#22 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,686 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:29 PM

I TOLD YOU ALL we should have finished the 11 season we had going :P
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#23 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:31 PM

I like 12 i jsut dont like baltimore lol. SO trading any baltimore players i have. They dont deserve to be on my team >=(

#24 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:46 AM

Ah the Fantasy world.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#25 DevilsMJ

DevilsMJ

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:47 AM

So Laflamme (Ravens) is playing Mike (Redskins) in Madden 12....so Mike throws an 82 yard pass and spins out of ten tackles....Laflamme tosses the controller and yells BALTIMORE SUCKS!!!!!

This needed sharing here :lol:

and he fumbles AGAIN!!!

"God....they REALLY SUCK!!! I thought the defense was bad...the OFFENSE IS WORSE!!!!!" :rofl:

How can you be playing Madden when the NHL 12 demo is out?
1986, 1987, 1991, 1995, 2000, 2003 , and 2008were the best years of my life what will be the next?

RANGERS SUCK!!!!!!

Go METS!!!!!!!!!

G-MENNNNNN!!!!!!!!

#26 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,686 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:14 AM

Ah the Fantasy world.

You know it well :rofl:

How can you be playing Madden when the NHL 12 demo is out?

Because I pre-ordered it and you can do a four person franchise in NHL games but it would take a hundred years to finish a season....in Madden it's way easier!!!

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#27 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

It is my ability to discern fact from fiction to understand the NFL better. One day, you will learn this.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#28 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,326 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:37 PM

Tolbert was a fantasy monster... so Foster sitting out didn't hurt...
but I bow to Masked... his team just got it done, everywhere (less Mercedes Lewis) so far

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#29 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:58 PM

Tolbert was a fantasy monster... so Foster sitting out didn't hurt...
but I bow to Masked... his team just got it done, everywhere (less Mercedes Lewis) so far

I told you Tolbert was a touchdown machine. Still can't figure why some "people" wanted Mathews.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#30 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:11 PM

How come you got people in parentheses? o.o

#31 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:58 PM

Unbeleiveable...I go into the night up 30, despite Steven Jackson and Matt Ryan not doing well..and end up losing. Oi Vey. I hate the jets even more now lol

#32 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,108 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:18 AM

Shocked that I won when I went on the pool to make some pontential roster moves, Laflamme. 19 points from the Jets was huge. Good sign when I got nothing from Chaarles, Johnson, and Maclin.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#33 DevilsMJ

DevilsMJ

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:36 AM

Because I pre-ordered it and you can do a four person franchise in NHL games but it would take a hundred years to finish a season....in Madden it's way easier!!!

Fair enough, I do a two person franchise in NHL each year, just won the cup a few weeks ago.

But I don't spend much time in NJ, so it took longer than it should have.
1986, 1987, 1991, 1995, 2000, 2003 , and 2008were the best years of my life what will be the next?

RANGERS SUCK!!!!!!

Go METS!!!!!!!!!

G-MENNNNNN!!!!!!!!

#34 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:22 PM

Posted this on the League site. Guess it is time for my yearly question as to WHY there are drop/adds happening before Tuesday or Wednesday morning again.

Really? Again? No waiver time?? Didn't we go thru this last year? I suppose if you aree lucky enough to have a puter available when you are watching a game and see someone go down you win, eh?

So, what's it going to be? Waivers til wednesday morning or leaving it like it is with instant drop/adds?

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#35 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:29 PM

Im entirely fine with how it is. In my other league, I had Stafford. when he went down, I was like sh!t. So i went to handcuff him to be safe. Had there been a waiver i guarantee someone else would have picked up shaun hill just to spite me on principal. And In This LEague, Cadillac. Since Sjax left with injury too

Its entirely fine. SO much technology has the internet nowadays (crackberry, ipads, iphones...Laptops etc). I dont have internet access of my own at the bar. I simply asked nicely if i could use someones for a moment and they said no prob.

Edited by VivaLaFlamme, 12 September 2011 - 01:57 PM.

#36 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:21 PM

I'm not OK with it since I do not have easy access to the innerweb during the games for the majority of them. There are many many weekends I don't watch any games til my team plays (if I'm lucky) And many more weekends where I am at work w/o TV or streaming innerweb or time to check very often.

Frankly, :evil: and it is nothing personnal towards you Flamme, Tough sh!t if someone screws you over on the waiver wire once in a while. If you want to avoid it, pay the price with a roster spot and handcuff the peeps you think you NEED to before they get hurt. Not only are you covered, but that potentially puts someone with some talent back out on the wire for someone elses need when you D/A the handcuff.

I aint saying I would have made any moves for sure this week, but I went to have a look at how my guys did and was thinkng about what if I needed to get a replacement that I needed and one of you vultures snatched him up already during the damned game.

So, I guess we are looking at the grass from different sides of the fence.

Posted Image

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#37 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:28 PM

Frankly, :evil: and it is nothing personnal towards you Flamme, Tough sh!t if someone screws you over on the waiver wire once in a while.

No offense, but That sounds a bit hypocritical of you. You are complaining about someone vulturing someone you wanted, and then you are saying "TS" if someone screws someone over on the waiver wire..

#38 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 03:49 PM

No offense, but That sounds a bit hypocritical of you. You are complaining about someone vulturing someone you wanted, and then you are saying "TS" if someone screws someone over on the waiver wire..

Actually, I believe what I am saying makes is more fair for the league, not just the guy watching the game when sh!t happens. At least the waiver wire works with a list and moves you to the back of the list and gives everyone a chance at a D/A before you can get another. And like I said, if it is a handcuff you are looking for then just handcuff 'em. I could h/c Brees if I was willing to sacrifice the spot to do that.

Posted Image

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#39 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,686 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:22 PM

You want the player (or the backup)....find a way to get him....first come first serve....as it should be, you're either gonna race to get him first on Sunday....or race to get him first at 9am on a Tuesday....it's a technology world....get out of the stone age and deal with it :P

#40 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:06 PM

and as for Brian this week:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szGGLdEinj8

Posted Image
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users