#41 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:28 AM

Posted Image

Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is!
Posted Image
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#42 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,326 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:31 AM

You want the player (or the backup)....find a way to get him....first come first serve....as it should be, you're either gonna race to get him first on Sunday....or race to get him first at 9am on a Tuesday....it's a technology world....get out of the stone age and deal with it :P

Are you aware how waivers work? Because you are completely wrong. On waivers, it's not the first person who puts a request in, its the person with the highest waiver priority gets the first player they wanted (there's time for people to think it over, see the news, etc). There's no "race"; unlike out current method... where you could grab anyone you want, whenever... which rewards those who are watching a specefic game(s) and sees the injury before anyone else.

I'm fine with a race... but why do we all of a sudden live in a technology world now, but not when we're drafting?

...maybe I would have won if Janikowski actually broke the record rather than merely tie it :)

Edited by aylbert, 13 September 2011 - 08:32 AM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#43 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,684 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:32 AM

Waivers only work I do believe if a player was cut, then someone tries to add him....once a players clears the waiver time he's free for vulturing B )

And again, any way you set up a waiver-fest it's gonna be a race to get there first....just a matter of when, and I will not apologize for having 2-4 laptops at the bar to seize the moment!! :whistling:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#44 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:27 AM

I'm fine with a race... but why do we all of a sudden live in a technology world now, but not when we're drafting?

...maybe I would have won if Janikowski actually broke the record rather than merely tie it :)

EXCELLENT point about the draft technology. :clap2:

no. Not even if it was a 109 yarder.
Posted Image

Waivers only work I do believe if a player was cut, then someone tries to add him....once a players clears the waiver time he's free for vulturing B )

No,
You being Mayhem and all, I see why you choose not to have the wire, but

ALL players are locked at the start of waiver time. You can set that to be kickoff of the first game (Thurs/Sat games) or Sunday 1pm. Sunday is easiest since the issue you run into the other way is if someone wants to D/A a player on Friday or Saturday night, the commish has to force it thru. So you just set it up for Sunday 1pm and watch to be sure no one Adds a player who already played that week prior to Sun 1pm, and that takes care of that problem.

You are right that once a player clears waivers it is vulture feeding time, but first the waiver list gets filled then it is 1st come 1st served.

YOU can still be the first guy to put in YOUR waiver request, and with your standings, you'll probably get him and move to the back of the line for your next pickup.
See, this system
1 prevents hoarding
2 keeps it fair for those who are unable to watch all the games
3 helps make bad teams (like yours) able to possibly make up on talent and perhaps ( Posted Image ) compete with good teams. I know this is a crazy warped concept for your completely normal mind to comprehend, but it does help improve bad teams and is fair to all the teams in the league.

Posted Image

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#45 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,326 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:55 AM

Waivers only work I do believe if a player was cut, then someone tries to add him....once a players clears the waiver time he's free for vulturing Posted Image

And again, any way you set up a waiver-fest it's gonna be a race to get there first....just a matter of when, and I will not apologize for having 2-4 laptops at the bar to seize the moment!! :whistling:

Again, I don't think you understand. There's no mad dash if you move players to Waivers at kickoff. Read Mask's post above.
Especially in a keeper league, we really should be using a more orderly process to pick up players.

This doesn't stop someone from picking up Randy Moss or TO if they come out of retirement... but it does prevent someone from snagging a backup RB or QB because they just saw the starter carried off on a stretcher. It' not meant to prevent handcuff vulturing... but allows for actual use of the waiver priority list other than add/drops.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#46 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:04 AM

No offense, but That sounds a bit hypocritical of you. You are complaining about someone vulturing someone you wanted, and then you are saying "TS" if someone screws someone over on the waiver wire..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#47 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,684 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:35 AM

This doesn't stop someone from picking up Randy Moss or TO if they come out of retirement... but it does prevent someone from snagging a backup RB or QB because they just saw the starter carried off on a stretcher. It' not meant to prevent handcuff vulturing... but allows for actual use of the waiver priority list other than add/drops.

Which you can STILL do if you use a "waiver system"

so because I decide to drop Breaston for a WR with hope I get dropped to last on the waiver trail, so if one my backs gets hurt I go to put the guy in on waivers....and someone swoops right in and waiver vultures him....it's the same crap, I'm NOT changing the system mid-season....too bad.... start a lobby in the off-season....and that's the bottom line, 'cause the damned commish said so!!!!

PS I LOVE the double standard of the people bitching that I "cause drama" sitting in here....CAUSING DRAMA.... well played kids B )

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#48 LOTCB

LOTCB

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,975 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:42 AM

Again, I don't think you understand. There's no mad dash if you move players to Waivers at kickoff. Read Mask's post above.
Especially in a keeper league, we really should be using a more orderly process to pick up players.

Question: Every owner has the same advantage/disadvantage when the games are kicked off, correct?

or must we take an inventory on who has the most smartphones/laptops available? :noclue:

Tim Murray (Buffalo Sabres GM) Quotes:  'It's Easy To Spend Money' "I’ve said at the start that if you don’t want to be here we’ll make it happen'

“We’re more competitive. We’ve got a lot of character now. We have leadership now. That’s important to me when you’re adding young players every year"

Truly, The Anti-Regier

#49 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,326 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:45 PM

Question: Every owner has the same advantage/disadvantage when the games are kicked off, correct?

or must we take an inventory on who has the most smartphones/laptops available? :noclue:

Do we need to take inventory of who has work, plans, redzone, sunday ticket, smartphones, etc?
If that's how we're rolling, that's how we're rolling. But I don't think its a fair system.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#50 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,326 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:51 PM

so because I decide to drop Breaston for a WR with hope I get dropped to last on the waiver trail, so if one my backs gets hurt I go to put the guy in on waivers....and someone swoops right in and waiver vultures him....

PS I LOVE the double standard of the people bitching that I "cause drama" sitting in here....

Holy hell dude. Please read. A waiver system is NOT meant to prevent vulturing of handcuffs....If you want to handcuff your starter, grab him now and not when your starter gets injured.

Putting free agents on waivers at kickoff is meant so you dont have somebody jumping online the second something happens to take the backup... it makes waivers nearly useless as there is typically far less demand for someone you are dropping than a prominant backup getting full time work now that the starter is injured. A key example: Michael Vick. Hmm.. I think I understand now.

It's not "drama" to discuss rules that are stupid in week 1. It would be great if you could argue against the actual point that somehow eludes you after it was explained so clearly.

Edited by aylbert, 13 September 2011 - 12:52 PM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#51 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,684 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:56 PM

I don't HAVE TO...remember...Commish "stomp your foot down and make decisions"....well I DID....save the "debate" for the off-season

right now it's just two of 12 people making noise anyway

and I made my point as cleanly as you did with "six picks in a row clouding the flow of the draft"...I'm still waiting for a legit answer on that too
either system has its allowance for douchebaggery and vulturing....this one just has the survival of the fittest angle to it

#52 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:02 PM

Answer: No
According to the way we are doing D/A's, no. The people watching whatever game are at an advantage over people watching another game or are actually AT a game, or not watching games at all.

Regardless of Crasher having four laptops or me on a desktop dinosaur, that doesn't matter.

Question: Theoretically, people can D/A six times during 1 o'clock games before others even hear a score,

Is that fair? Posted Image

Holy hell dude. Please read.

Somebody needs to go back to commish school. Posted Image

....this one just has the survival of the fittest angle to it

Highly questionable use of an analogy there!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#53 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,684 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:04 PM

Wow, so the person or group of people who pay attention and keep an eye on all the games GET AN ADVANTAGE....amazing, it's called doing your homework....deal with it :P

I guess next we should ban draft guides because researching before the clock starts is an "unfair advantage" too RIGHT?:rolleyes:

Highly questionable use of an analogy there!!

Posted Image

You mean the guy who's lost 40 pounds plus since you last bet him.....your insults are as dated as your draft philosophy..... then again I've always seen "well the guy who's got nothing left in his arguments or a REAL comeback resorts to the lame fat jokes anyway".....you got nothin...we got it....move on.......

#54 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,326 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:18 PM

I don't HAVE TO...remember...Commish "stomp your foot down and make decisions"....well I DID....save the "debate" for the off-season

The current systems does not reward you for 'doing your homework'... It rewards those who 'slam the buzzer' immediately before the question is asked...
It's fair enough to say rules are rules for the season... but we can still have an open discussion about why you chose to have open waivers...

At least we know Manta won't be snagging anyone :D "I don't use the internet on the weekends, I have a life"

You mean the guy who's lost 40 pounds plus since you last bet him.....

Pure awesomesauce! That's great to hear!

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#55 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:09 PM

Fantasy Football is Serious Business. And here I thought I was the only person in the world who takes fantasy football cutthroat seriosuly even with nothing on the line (hell i had a breakdown last night...lol)

#56 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,425 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:23 PM

At least we know Manta won't be snagging anyone :D "I don't use the internet on the weekends, I have a life"

That and I probably won't need anyone.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#57 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:08 PM

Whoa, whoa! Little sensitive there, easy Crasher, I wasn't talking about your fat ass. I was referring to you being 0-1 and Definitely NOT currently possessing the fittest team. (Especially after Vick goes down). But good job on the lbs dropping. Guess yer gonna be giving up more goals now though. Posted Image

The current systems does not reward you for 'doing your homework'... It rewards those who 'slam the buzzer' immediately before the question is asked...

Two well put points

That and I probably won't need anyone.

Nicely played. Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#58 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,684 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:27 PM

The current systems does not reward you for 'doing your homework'... It rewards those who 'slam the buzzer' immediately before the question is asked...It's fair enough to say rules are rules for the season... but we can still have an open discussion about why you chose to have open waivers...

And is not keeping tabs on every game....every Sunday (hrrrmmm...catchphrase!!) doing your homework??

And if say we made the magic waiver time 9am Tuesday...

NOPE....Clown's not awake yet, we need to let him have his crossaint and whatever other California Fraud Crap they eat for breakfast....
What about Noon? NOPE....ZOMG Work FIREWALL....I'M DOOMED.....
5pm....NOPE....people commuting....
9pm? Too late...already asleep!!

There's no winning :P

#59 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:57 PM

And if say we made the magic waiver time 9am Tuesday...

NOPE....Clown's not awake yet, we need to let him have his crossaint and whatever other California Fraud Crap they eat for breakfast....
What about Noon? NOPE....ZOMG Work FIREWALL....I'M DOOMED.....
5pm....NOPE....people commuting....
9pm? Too late...already asleep!!

Your FAIL on understanding how the Waiver system works is EPIC! Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Masked Fan, 13 September 2011 - 03:58 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image
2009 Chico

#60 Masked Fan

Masked Fan

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 04:00 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
2009 Chico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users