147 replies to this topic

#61 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:04 AM

im pretty sure 84 is no older then 17...he won a devils prize one game and i saw him with the devils dancers so no need to get on his case

I've met 84. He's alot older then 17. Sorry to put a hole in your ASSumption :whistling:
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#62 The Facepainter

The Facepainter

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:04 AM

There's obviously a lot of truth behind this, with the recent buyouts and 1-year Parise contract, but I doubt it's as bad as this writer is saying. He's the same writer as before, and I'm sure the attention he's getting for this article was alot more important than getting the facts straight.

Defaulting on a large loan though, isn't a good sign.

#63 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:06 AM

Did I say I had exact margins? No, I didn't.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that if the devils were fine at CAA, where profit margins were undoubtedly lower (of course, exact figures aren't available) and they made 0 dollars on other events, that they're fine now, where they profit much more on EVERY SINGLE THING AT PRUDENTIAL CENTER.

Stop with your FUD and bitterness, 84.

And they have a lot more liabilities for the loans to build the damn arena that they didn't have at CAA. If you owe more than you are making no matter how much you make at concessions, then you are in trouble.

Doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

#64 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:07 AM

There's obviously a lot of truth behind this, with the recent buyouts and 1-year Parise contract, but I doubt it's as bad as this writer is saying. He's the same writer as before, and I'm sure the attention he's getting for this article was alot more important than getting the facts straight.

Defaulting on a large loan though, isn't a good sign.

I don't think the loan was defaulted on was it? They missed their September 1st payment. If someone is monitoring the situation this closely and this is the first we've heard about their payments, it's not that bad. Also, their payment is less than two weeks late.... They'll have to pay a late fee... the horror! If this payment is made sometime this month, this whole story is just bullsh!t speculation.

#65 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:08 AM

this...how i understand it is the arena makes its money here but you can't have kelly clarkson or whomever rock out the rock everynight but you do have a lot of fixed costs such as taxes ext. and the devils just need to break even more or less to pull their weight which is not happening

the owners have taken a bath on the devils yes...business man and devils fan

im pretty sure 84 is no older then 17...he won a devils prize one game and i saw him with the devils dancers so no need to get on his case

17? hahaha like Ken said who has met me I am well over 17 years old.

Also great you saw me with the Dancers winning a prize from the Devils. From your seat wishing you were doing the same thing.

I've met 84. He's alot older then 17. Sorry to put a hole in your ASSumption :whistling:

He hates me because I won sh!t and that I do not just blindly nod my head to whatever management or ownership says lol.

#66 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:08 AM

And they have a lot more liabilities for the loans to build the damn arena that they didn't have at CAA. If you owe more than you are making no matter how much you make at concessions, then you are in trouble.

Fear. Uncertainty. Doubt. You just love to spread it around don't you?

Relax or you'll never make it past 30.

#67 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:11 AM

I don't think the loan was defaulted on was it? They missed their September 1st payment. If someone is monitoring the situation this closely and this is the first we've heard about their payments, it's not that bad. Also, their payment is less than two weeks late.... They'll have to pay a late fee... the horror! If this payment is made sometime this month, this whole story is just bullsh!t speculation.

Based on past articles, the loan came due on Sep 1, so the entire amount of the loan was owed.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#68 oofrostonoo

oofrostonoo

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:12 AM

I wish they would have just built the arena in Hoboken on top of the train tracks. It's a better transit hub, and a MUCH better city. The Jersey City/Hoboken area continues to grow and Newark still seems to be decades away from being a place anyone would hang out in other than to see a game.
Posted Image

#69 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:12 AM

Fear. Uncertainty. Doubt. You just love to spread it around don't you?

Relax or you'll never make it past 30.

This is coming from the guy who got all whiney when Atlanta moved and when the Trenton Devils went under.

How many sellout games did you claim you went to Trenton last season? :whistling:

#70 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,504 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:13 AM

Almost everyone owes more than they make. I think you meant owe more than the assets are valued at.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#71 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:15 AM

I wish they would have just built the arena in Hoboken on top of the train tracks. It's a better transit hub, and a MUCH better city. The Jersey City/Hoboken area continues to grow and Newark still seems to be decades away from being a place anyone would hang out in other than to see a game.

McMullen also floated that idea because he thought there were Devils fans in NYC who wanted to see them. Plus it would have made it harder to get to there because the NEC, Raritan Valley and other lines from Devils fans areas do not have direct train access.

#72 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,914 posts

Move the team to quebec :)

www.SterioDesign.com

#73 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Almost everyone owes more than they make. I think you meant owe more than the assets are valued at.

You are correct, that is what I meant.

Thank you for being one of the few realistic people posting here.

#74 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,027 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:17 AM

Man this thread is getting ugly, sheesh.

Still disconcerting, but I'm not going to sh!t my pants yet.

Soon, but not yet.

Move the team to quebec :)

Wouldn't be surprised if those rumors started soon, if these 'The Devils are broke' stories keep popping up.

Seriously Thrashers 2.0 sh!t right here

Edited by Devilsfan118, 12 September 2011 - 11:18 AM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#75 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:19 AM

This is coming from the guy who got all whiney when Atlanta moved and when the Trenton Devils went under.

How many sellout games did you claim you went to Trenton last season? :whistling:

None. What's your point? Continue being miserable and annoying.

Also, hoping the Quebec thing was a joke. I'm sure it was, no one wants New Jersey's only sports franchise to move.

#76 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:21 AM

Man this thread is getting ugly, sheesh.

Still disconcerting, but I'm not going to sh!t my pants yet.

Soon, but not yet.

Wouldn't be surprised if those rumors started soon, if these 'The Devils are broke' stories keep popping up.

Seriously Thrashers 2.0 sh!t right here

Not in any way shape or form. Prudential Center is brand new, even if ownership changed there is ZERO chance the team would move. Atlanta's situation was so much different...ownership wanted to sell and the only buyers were people intending to move them. The arena didn't want them, the city didn't want them, they were constantly missing the playoffs and last in attendance...just totally different.

#77 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:26 AM

a)They would have had the same money problems they have now
b)Hoboken didn't want it, and it made no sense to put one there logistically. Worse than Barclay's
c)For Bergen County and NYC, it's a better hub(and that's debatable). For the rest of the state and region(Amtrak, Greyhound, etc.) it's a pure hassle to get to.
d)Downtown Newark is getting 2(maybe 3) new hotels in the near future around the arena, plus Edison Place has undergone a makeover with new bars coming in and a chain restaurant a block away.

#78 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,914 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:26 AM

lol yes the Quebec thing was a joke of course, eventho it would be super close to me to see my fav team i'd still rather have them in NJ and stay the same team forever

whats worrying me the MOST about this is Parise, the team is on the verge of bankruptcy, he's gonna play almost half the season without his best bud and teammate zajac and we have to convince him somehow to resign... its not a very inviting offer to sign long term where youre not even sure that "there is a future there"

www.SterioDesign.com

#79 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:29 AM

None. What's your point? Continue being miserable and annoying.

Also, hoping the Quebec thing was a joke. I'm sure it was, no one wants New Jersey's only sports franchise to move.

Miserable and annoying? Since you and your brother came here from DR you have been nothing since. Keep cheerleading for the team. Sorry you missed the tryouts last month.

#80 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:29 AM

If Parise wants to be here, he will sign.

I don't worry about that at all. I honestly don't even think he's totally committed to NJ and if that's the case..see ya later!

Those kinds of issues don't concern me. No one has any control except Parise.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users