167 replies to this topic

#141 DevilNurn

DevilNurn

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,129 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 06:34 PM

Anyone else on this board play Starcraft II? No? Just me? Nevermind...on my way then...

#142 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 09:36 AM

To bridge the gap between now and Christmas, I started playing Devil May Cry on the PS2. While I can see why it was pretty mind blowing at the time, the game has not aged well and good lord, it is hard as hell! Two missions in and it gave me the option to play on Easy Mode. Naturally I say no and proceed to get manhandled by the giant spider boss about 5 times. Corny dialouge, not quite sure why I'm in a castle after some chick breaks down my door and asks, "Hey! Wanna do something?" but it'll be an entertaining deversion until I see what Santa brings me.

I also have Bioshock 2 and Metriod Prime 3 collecting dust, so maybe I should popped either of those two in.
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#143 gogonjdevil

gogonjdevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:43 PM

In light of recent Current Events, has anyone played Homefront? Not a great shooter or anything special...but the story and especially the first 10 minutes left me with chills. Kinda scary considering the news today.

believe-mb30.jpg
gallery_47_36_882.png of ALL Devil's Fans' Hatred and Animosity toward Bettman!
I HOPE YOU GET A DISFIGURING DISEASE AND HAVE TO GO THROUGH LIFE LOOKING LIKE A TROLL, BETTMAN. Oh...TOO LATE!!

#144 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:52 PM

finally just got Battlefield 3. So far i like it.. it'll take some gettin used to over COD but i think ill like the realistic gameplay

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#145 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:19 AM

Anyone else on this board play Starcraft II? No? Just me? Nevermind...on my way then...

I play SCII a lot, I prefer to play custom maps though. Desert strike is my sh!t.

815631765.gif

#146 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:11 AM

Soooo, what did everybody get for Christmas / Hoidays in the game world? Santa left three games under my tree: Uncharted 3, Skyward Sword and Mass Effect 2, which was a welcome suprise. My plan is to start with Uncharted 3 and go from there. Have plenty to play!
Posted Image

DevsCast: The latest and greatest Devils podcast on the Internet or my handle 'aint Bulletproof! Click Here to subscribe via iTunes or Click Here to download mp3 versions of the show. Perfect for wasting time at work!

#147 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:17 AM

I got InFamous 2. Liked the first one so much that I asked for the sequel. My girlfriend was not happy. :lol:
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#148 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 10:22 AM

I got InFamous 2. Liked the first one so much that I asked for the sequel. My girlfriend was not happy. :lol:

There really is nothing more satisfying than zapping somebody with lightning! That and shooting somebody off a moving horse in Red Dead Redemption never gets old!
Posted Image

#149 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:11 AM

One game: Batman, Arkham City. Loads of fun so far but I'm still getting used to the true non-linear aspect of it.

Spoiler

The probability of me getting the Star Wars MMO is very high though. I played in the beta and it was a stunning experience. Just a matter of deciding where I'm getting $15/mo from to pay it.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#150 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,066 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:23 AM

Got a $50 gift certificate for Gamespot...thinking of putting that towards a Kinect. My daughter is still a little young for gaming (only 3 1/2), but I could see her getting into it, especially if "she's the controller". Just have to make sure there's decent games for it first.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#151 titleofusername98

titleofusername98

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:10 PM

just got NHL 12 for xbox 360 and im almost a rookie defenseman
Posted Image

#152 devilsadvoc8

devilsadvoc8

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,822 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

I've been logging some serious time with MW3. The game play is good. Sure it has some flaws and people will always have criticism for some aspect but it worked out of the box and is challenging.
Official Keeper of the 3 story statue of a hockey player by the artist J. Krawczyk.
That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence- Christopher Hitchens

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

#153 Bulletproof

Bulletproof

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,734 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:28 PM

Finished Uncharted 3 a few weeks ago and the game is great but not as amazing as the previous game. While the story is quite good and the antagonist is the best in series, they really try too hard to create those ridiculous set pieces. Some work out perfectly, some don't. Also, the context sensitive animations cause some jerkiness in the gameplay, which is odd considering how amazing Uncharted 2 played. Also, there are bugs. In a heavy fistfight, I got pushed through a background and had to restart the checkpoint. A big plus is how an emphasis is made on melee combat. For the first time in the series, you need to be good with your fists, as some moments require it. Great game, but not quite the masterpiece 2 was.

Now playing Skyward Sword and depsite the annoyances of the Wii Motion Plus, something I think is based on my TV setup/placement of the sensor, it's an incredible game. The story is fantastic, the characters are whimsical without being annoying (aside from Goose) and the gameplay is easily the most challenging yet. They start you off with six hearts for a reason! Also, flying your bird is incredibly satisfying although it does get a touch monotonous. Only about a third of the way through, but I'm really enjoying it!
Posted Image

#154 Atterr

Atterr

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:07 AM

Got the Metal Gear Solid HD collection a week ago. As a huge fan of the series it's great to play these games again after so many years plus I finally get to play Peace Walker (which I never did since it was only released on the PSP). Although the games look better than ever in HD, they haven't aged well. The controls as well as the fixed camera perspective (Metal Gear Solid 2) just are not up to the standards of today's games. There are also some other problems, like lip syncing not matching, which I didn't mind 10 years ago but now is just frustrating. But all this cannot make me forget how much fun these games are.

Edited by Atterr, 07 February 2012 - 07:08 AM.

#155 NJDevils1214

NJDevils1214

All-Star

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

I borrowed Assassin's Creed Brotherhood a couple weeks ago, without a doubt one of the best story lines of any game series. After I beat it I borrowed Revelations from my Brother-In-Law's brother and am about 2/3 through it. So far so good and the game just keeps improving. I wouldn't mind seeing this turned into a book series or even maybe a couple movies.

815631765.gif

#156 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

Was not a fan of revelations. At least, I didn't like it nearly as much as Brotherhood.

Online multiplayer was addicting as hell though, fun stuff

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#157 gogonjdevil

gogonjdevil

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

Now playing Skyward Sword and depsite the annoyances of the Wii Motion Plus, something I think is based on my TV setup/placement of the sensor, it's an incredible game. The story is fantastic, the characters are whimsical without being annoying (aside from Goose) and the gameplay is easily the most challenging yet. They start you off with six hearts for a reason! Also, flying your bird is incredibly satisfying although it does get a touch monotonous. Only about a third of the way through, but I'm really enjoying it!

I've been addicted to this game lately. I just finished the 6th Dungeon. Don't know how far in that is. It breathed life back into a wii that had gathered quite a bit of dust. I also find this game is much more fun than Twilight Princess. I never got into that one for some reason.

believe-mb30.jpg
gallery_47_36_882.png of ALL Devil's Fans' Hatred and Animosity toward Bettman!
I HOPE YOU GET A DISFIGURING DISEASE AND HAVE TO GO THROUGH LIFE LOOKING LIKE A TROLL, BETTMAN. Oh...TOO LATE!!

#158 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:06 PM

Got the Metal Gear Solid HD collection a week ago. As a huge fan of the series it's great to play these games again after so many years plus I finally get to play Peace Walker (which I never did since it was only released on the PSP). Although the games look better than ever in HD, they haven't aged well. The controls as well as the fixed camera perspective (Metal Gear Solid 2) just are not up to the standards of today's games. There are also some other problems, like lip syncing not matching, which I didn't mind 10 years ago but now is just frustrating. But all this cannot make me forget how much fun these games are.

Metal Gear Solid was easily one of my favorite pastimes growing up... i miss it because i played everyone of them and just about everyday

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#159 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,533 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:11 PM

Anyone get Twisted Metal PS3?
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#160 lazer

lazer

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:02 PM

i just got into MGS 3, i dont like the fixed perspective but there are alot of classic games that use it, i always played MOH series

anyway the story is pretty interesting and i dont mind the hokey characters
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users