• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#21 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,086 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:53 PM

With FIOS all you have to do is right arrow over twice and you can browse just Genre's like HD Sports HD movies etc. Its very intuitive. We have all been waiting years now for MSG HD, so I bet we all will believe it when we see it.

#22 jim777

jim777

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:58 AM

Comcast anyone?

Evidently not in South Jersey :(

gallery_47_36_882.png   # 44, Stephane Richer

believe-elias.jpg

"bring knee pads...wear flattering attire...hair and makeup should be performance ready" -from Devils Dance Team audition notice

#23 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:11 PM

Has anyone heard anything else about this?

Cablevision just raised my rates again, and I'm just about DONE with them.

#24 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,086 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:29 PM

nada

#25 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:26 AM

Unless I misunderstood the quote in the article, they have 30 days from September 22 to make it available, so I guess we should see it pop up in about a week....hopefully.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#26 .Nick

.Nick

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:52 AM

This is going to drag on a little longer...

They have until October 22 to strike a business deal.

But Cablevision appealed the FCC decision and on Tuesday the FCC granted a partial stay of the order in that Cablevision does not have to actually provide the feeds until at least Nov 14 so the FCC can do its review of the appeal. Biz deal must still be struck by Oct 22 though.

http://www.multichan...age_Mandate.php

#27 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:33 PM

This is going to drag on a little longer...

They have until October 22 to strike a business deal.

But Cablevision appealed the FCC decision and on Tuesday the FCC granted a partial stay of the order in that Cablevision does not have to actually provide the feeds until at least Nov 14 so the FCC can do its review of the appeal. Biz deal must still be struck by Oct 22 though.

http://www.multichan...age_Mandate.php

Thanks for the update. I'm really getting anxious about being able to watch the Devils in HD on a regular basis...hopefully they can sort this mess out sooner than later.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#28 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:11 PM

Delaying the inevitable.. I just looked at the schedule and it seems like we play a lot more games on MSG Plus than I remember.. I feel like we were on MSG 2 and MSG Plus 2 a ton just a couple seasons ago

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#29 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 28,067 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:35 PM

Delaying the inevitable.. I just looked at the schedule and it seems like we play a lot more games on MSG Plus than I remember.. I feel like we were on MSG 2 and MSG Plus 2 a ton just a couple seasons ago

in 2010, the schedule was bunched up more, which means more MSG2 and MSG+2. before that, from 2008 and before, there were more in division games, which would also mean more MSG2/MSG+2.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#30 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:34 PM

No announcement today?

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#31 puckrock

puckrock

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:01 AM

No announcement today?

I'm hoping something will come down this week. The 30-Day release period ended 10/22 so it might just be getting everything squared away for an announcement.

I feel that should Dolan-Vision try to appeal again, it'll get shot down pretty quickly. I'm personally hoping for MSG HD to hit FiOS by mid-November the latest.

Fingers crossed!
This is my 2012 Playoff signature.

#32 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:04 PM

I'm hoping something will come down this week. The 30-Day release period ended 10/22 so it might just be getting everything squared away for an announcement.

I feel that should Dolan-Vision try to appeal again, it'll get shot down pretty quickly. I'm personally hoping for MSG HD to hit FiOS by mid-November the latest.

Fingers crossed!

Well I know the last development was that they got a stay and won't need to provide HD until 11/14, but the ruling was also that an agreement on paper must be reached by 10/22

#33 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:08 PM

the ruling was also that an agreement on paper must be reached by 10/22

Or else what?
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#34 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

Or else what?

Well the FCC governs the airwaves, so maybe they shut MSG and/or CableVision down for disobeying their ruling?

#35 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:35 PM

Well the FCC governs the airwaves, so maybe they shut MSG and/or CableVision down for disobeying their ruling?

If only one side gets punished then it doesn't really sound like the two were told to come to an agreement. What if CV's asking price is high and Verizon's offer is low, who gets punished? What would such a punishment even be?
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#36 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:31 PM

If only one side gets punished then it doesn't really sound like the two were told to come to an agreement. What if CV's asking price is high and Verizon's offer is low, who gets punished? What would such a punishment even be?

I think both sides were told to reach an agreement, but something tells me they will put more blame on Dolan if nothing happens.. Generally speaking, he has 0 incentive to make a reasonable offer to Verizon and AT&T, while those companies do in fact have incentive to make reasonable offers..

But in reality, I'm guessing that if CV's offer isn't similar to what it is with other companies like Comcast then it will be pretty obvious they are trying to circumvent the FCC ruling (of having an agreement by 10/22) by making ridiculous offers they know Verizon/AT&T won't agree to.. That won't go over well with the FCC, and CV did just file an appeal with them.. Probably don't want to piss off the governing body of your product

#37 Amberite

Amberite

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:24 AM

So in reality, we're probably looking at another month before MSG HD comes to Verizon because of CV's latest appeal? I am itching to dump them so bad, I am counting down the days.

#38 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,801 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:32 AM

Still waiting on Dish sorting their sh!t out with MSG. Bastards cutting me off from hockey. :argh:

Same here. My roommate just took a job for Dish Network, so we'll be getting their service for free, but we are continuing to pay for DirecTV so we can watch the Yankees and so I can watch the Devils and he can watch the Rangers. I don't even care about HD, I just want Dish to carry the channels!
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#39 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:16 AM

So in reality, we're probably looking at another month before MSG HD comes to Verizon because of CV's latest appeal? I am itching to dump them so bad, I am counting down the days.

I hear you. I just had to threaten to leave them (Cablevision) again so they would lower my rates. I look forward to the day where I actually follow through on my threats!

#40 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:34 AM

4 days to the November 14th date and still no news.. Is this good or bad? I'm guessing that they are finishing up their review and will announce something on the 14th.. Either that or we will hear about some delay of the process

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users