122 replies to this topic

#41 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:18 AM

CV also jammed me good when the two year deal was up a few months back. but I love the msg HD feed from the rock and really enjoy the varsity HS hockey football and lacrosse, yet I hate what dolan did to block the jets stadium

decisions decisions

what will the monthly adder be from verison? any guesses?
will it be that exact same quality HD signal?

there will be a decent exodus imo when this goes through so I expect msg to counter with some special deals again. they have been holding tough on the pricing lately when I've threatened them. only 20 bucks off my bill the last time i cried wolf

#42 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,262 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:27 AM

4 days to the November 14th date and still no news.. Is this good or bad? I'm guessing that they are finishing up their review and will announce something on the 14th.. Either that or we will hear about some delay of the process

I just hope we get some sort of update...I'm really getting tired of waiting. Watching the Devils in HD on VS the other day really reminded me how much I hate standard definition.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#43 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:15 PM

I am holding off on renewing with FIOS until we get the verdict. Like you TFG I can't stand watching HD Vs and seeing the next game in Standard def.

#44 ClarkyDano23

ClarkyDano23

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:51 PM

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but it's not big a deal to me. While I would watch the games in HD were they available, the amount that my enjoyment of the game is lessened by SD is minute
-CD23

"Not one camera, not one reporter. But, guess what? If that kid was hurt, I woulda had everyone in that friggin building in front of my face. Isn't that true? But guess what, no one's hurt, so there's nothing to write about."
-Scott Stevens regarding both, his hit in Game 4 on Sami Kapanen during Round 1 against the Hurricanes in 2001, and the media looking for something to write about

My Youtube Page! - http://www.youtube.com/McKay4429061

My Devils Photos! - http://www.flickr.co...57602625649087/

http://www.pokerroad.com

#45 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:00 AM

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but it's not big a deal to me. While I would watch the games in HD were they available, the amount that my enjoyment of the game is lessened by SD is minute

Same here, I definitely agree it is better in HD when I'm watching at a friend's house, but I have no problem watching it in standard definition on my old school TV at home. Then again, much of my youth was spent watching the games through squigglevision and listening on the radio all the time since you had to pay extra for it with Comcast, so maybe I'm just happy to actually be able to watch the games now. Also I guess if I spent hundreds on a high-definition TV I would probably be annoyed I couldn't put the HD to use while watching the Devils too.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#46 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:52 AM

Same here, I definitely agree it is better in HD when I'm watching at a friend's house, but I have no problem watching it in standard definition on my old school TV at home. Then again, much of my youth was spent watching the games through squigglevision and listening on the radio all the time since you had to pay extra for it with Comcast, so maybe I'm just happy to actually be able to watch the games now. Also I guess if I spent hundreds on a high-definition TV I would probably be annoyed I couldn't put the HD to use while watching the Devils too.

Yeah IF YOU ARE WATCHING ON A STANDARD DEF SET! but if you have a HD TV the STD def picture is HORRIBLE almost unwatchable

#47 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:16 AM

FCC DENIES APPEAL - MSG HD TO COME TO FiOS BY 11/25

http://www.multichan..._Complaints.php

http://www.fcc.gov/d...rden-lp-et-al-1

The Bureau’s Order found that Defendants violated Section 628(b) of the Act by
withholding from Verizon the HD versions of approximately half the hometown major league sports
teams in the New York and Buffalo DMAs.28 The Bureau found that Defendants’ withholding of the HD
versions of this non-replicable and “must have” local sports programming was an “unfair act” because, on
balance, the anticompetitive effects of the withholding outweighed any procompetitive benefits.
29 The
Bureau also found that Defendants had failed to produce evidence that rebutted the presumption that the
withholding of this “must have” local sports programming “significantly hindered” Verizon.30 Additional
evidence supported the Bureau’s finding, including (i) statements from Cablevision executives stressing
the competitive significance of MSG HD and MSG+ HD, including their belief that Verizon’s inability to
offer these networks was one factor that would not only impede Verizon from obtaining new subscribers,
but also cause Verizon to lose subscribers it had already gained;31 (ii) Cablevision’s advertisements
emphasizing Verizon’s inability to offer MSG HD and MSG+ HD;32 (iii) survey evidence demonstrating
the importance of local sports programming to consumers in New York and Buffalo;33 and (iv) additional
support for the rebuttable presumption of “significant hindrance” pertaining to HD RSNs.34 For the
reasons discussed below and stated in the Bureau’s Order, we deny Defendants’ Application for Review
and affirm the Bureau’s Order.35 Below, we address Defendants’ challenges to the Order.

FCC gave Cablevision 15 days from rejection to have FiOS getting HD feeds.. This was dated 11/10/11 some I'm assuming that means they must have it by 11/25/11

Edited by Colin226, 11 November 2011 - 11:20 AM.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#48 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:48 AM

I thought these boards would be blowing up from this news

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#49 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,725 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:54 AM

We've heard this song and dance before. Also, I'm concerned that whenever Cablevision has to renew MSG and its affiliated channels with Verizon, it will take the nuclear option and refuse to negotiate. They kept the Yankees off of Cablevision for what, 2 years?

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#50 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:57 AM

We've heard this song and dance before. Also, I'm concerned that whenever Cablevision has to renew MSG and its affiliated channels with Verizon, it will take the nuclear option and refuse to negotiate. They kept the Yankees off of Cablevision for what, 2 years?

I mean I also have a similar "I'll believe it when I see the channel in my guide" but it seems like the FCC is cracking down hard on Cablevision for this and I don't see Cablevision having any more options to block this right now. If they fail to comply then they get shut down. That would be cutting off their whole head to spite their face

#51 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:08 PM

Thanks for the update Colin. Come on MSG!

#52 sundstrom

sundstrom

Hall of Famer

• Mod
  • 8,294 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:18 PM

we'll see if that Isles game on the 25th is in HD on Fios. Certainly hoping.

"This team was never the same once we lost Patrik Sundstrom"- Lou Lamoriello

20082719943.png
“They’re the ones that makes it happen,” Lemaire said. “It’s not us. It’s not me. It’s not the other guy. It’s not the guy before. It’s not the guy after. It’s them. And they have to take care of business.”
-
"I guess I just miss my friend" (#28)

#53 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,797 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:11 PM

Yeah IF YOU ARE WATCHING ON A STANDARD DEF SET! but if you have a HD TV the STD def picture is HORRIBLE almost unwatchable

Really? I always assumed it was the same, that sucks. No need to yell by the way.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#54 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,262 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:34 PM

Great news...hopefully it actually goes through and there are no more road blocks!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#55 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:27 PM

Really? I always assumed it was the same, that sucks. No need to yell by the way.

Oops sorry that was my EMPHATIC caps, not screaming......my family hates it too

#56 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:18 PM

I switched yesterday to Fios just because of the savings. I'll deal with regular broadcast Devs games. That was the only reason I held out, then realized it was costing me a fortune for just that and Channel 12 News.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#57 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:28 PM

I switched yesterday to Fios just because of the savings. I'll deal with regular broadcast Devs games. That was the only reason I held out, then realized it was costing me a fortune for just that and Channel 12 News.

Welcome to FiOS.. Money aside, it really is far superior to cable.. Cable technology is old and pretty much at it's max potential.. Fiber optic technology for TV and Internet in the home is a much newer technology that has a ton of potential

#58 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:13 AM

Ordered yesterday............getting it the 21st. Hope you are right.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#59 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:14 PM

going to wait and see, but strongly considering switching because Cablevision is horrible

#60 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:31 PM

Moved to south Fl several years ago, I have Center Ice through Comcrap. Talk about problems, and maybe I'm being hard on Comcast but they screw up the guide all the time on NJ games so you are never sure what you are recording. Then there is the home games that are always in SD unless I want to listen to the biased away feed ( try listening to a Penguins game, they complain more the Crosby ) and last nights game against Washington Caps was on Versus and the worse feed I have ever seen.

I am thinking about subscribing to NHL website it sounds great, I can choose my feed and watch games through my Apple TV app also it has DVR function all games in HD home and away! I have great bandwidth so that's not going to be a problem. Does anyone else here subscribe to it? I need some friendly feedback! Thank you ahead of time for any suggestions!
Also thanks again to the person who helped me watch the pre season!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users