122 replies to this topic

#61 .Nick

.Nick

Draft Pick

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

Looks like it's a done deal! Coming in mid-December. Verizon Press Release:

Like a home team win in overtime, Verizon, at last, expects to be able to offer its FiOS TV subscribers the channels of the MSG Network in high-definition in the coming weeks.

The HD feeds of both MSG and MSG+ are ultimately expected to be made available to FiOS TV subscribers in New York City and state, northern and central New Jersey, and Connecticut. The two channels will be included in all levels of FiOS TV service packages, except FiOS TV Local.

The company expects the channels to be available in mid-December. The exact channel locations will be determined closer to launch date. FiOS TV already carries MSG and MSG+ in standard definition (SD) format.

http://newscenter.ve...ubscribers.html

Let's just hope CV doesn't find some other way to delay again.

#62 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:22 PM

Yea!

#63 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

Looks like it's a done deal! Coming in mid-December. Verizon Press Release:

http://newscenter.ve...ubscribers.html

Let's just hope CV doesn't find some other way to delay again.

Best quote of the article:

Soon FiOS TV subscribers can watch all their favorite New York area sports teams in HD, with the picture quality that you can only get from the FiOS 100 percent fiber-to-the-home network

Hey Cablevision, thanks for the HD. And by the way, our service kicks yours in the balls
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#64 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:48 PM

http://www.hd-report...-hd/#more-12613

The areas where Verizon will offer the two MSG networks in HD include New York City and state, northern and central New Jersey, and Connecticut. The channels will be included in all FiOS TV service packages except FiOS TV Local.

Mid-December! HELL YEAH!

Edited by Microwavepizza, 30 November 2011 - 07:50 PM.

POTATO!!!

#65 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:12 PM

http://www.hd-report...-hd/#more-12613

The areas where Verizon will offer the two MSG networks in HD include New York City and state, northern and central New Jersey, and Connecticut. The channels will be included in all FiOS TV service packages except FiOS TV Local.

Mid-December! HELL YEAH!

Not so fast buck-o.. Read this load of sh*t http://www.dslreport...7b5/cv stay.pdf

The 2nd Circuit has granted a stay of the FCC ruling until December 13th at 1:30pm so that they can meet and discuss the issue amongst themselves.. So Verizon cannot run fiber until then, and Verizon has said it will take about 2 weeks before the fiber has been run and the signal can come online.. That's assuming that the court rules in the FCC's/Verizon's favor.. They could rule against, or delay further by calling for oral argument from each party

Why did they grant the stay? You can either take the negative outlook and say it's because they feel Cablevision might have a case here, or you can take the positive outlook and say that it's only to prevent Cablevision from filing another appeal saying that the court didn't give them a fair chance

Edited by Colin226, 30 November 2011 - 09:12 PM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#66 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,005 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:25 PM

Unbelievable! @#+)(!@*# +@#(

#67 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,190 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:34 PM

For some reason I thought it was going to get provided on December 2nd...I can't recall how I got that date in my head. Still I was pumped up to see the link that said it would be available in mid-December, but with what Colin pointed out I'm worried that this is going to drag on even further. I'm so tired of this. If Verizon wins the stay or whatever and can start work on December 13th, then I guess not to get my hopes up until December 27th.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#68 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:44 PM

Unbelievable! @#+)(!@*# +@#(

Watch your language or you'll get banned

For some reason I thought it was going to get provided on December 2nd...I can't recall how I got that date in my head. Still I was pumped up to see the link that said it would be available in mid-December, but with what Colin pointed out I'm worried that this is going to drag on even further. I'm so tired of this. If Verizon wins the stay or whatever and can start work on December 13th, then I guess not to get my hopes up until December 27th.

I spoke with my Dad (lawyer of 45+ years) who said that the 13th is an incredibly short amount of time for a public case like this.. He thinks it means good things for FiOS and the FCC in this case, so we'll see
Posted Image

#69 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • 12,190 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:09 PM

I spoke with my Dad (lawyer of 45+ years) who said that the 13th is an incredibly short amount of time for a public case like this.. He thinks it means good things for FiOS and the FCC in this case, so we'll see

Well in that case I feel a bit better about the situation, thanks for the insight!

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#70 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:54 AM

actually, the link i got was from the Devils Twitter... im VERY hopeful it will be soon... haha

but CV are a bunch of asses...
POTATO!!!

#71 Devs1965

Devs1965

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 12:44 PM

Please please let that mean Center Ice is going to get HD for the Devils Home games it is bad enough that even when the Devils are at home they usually give us the away feed. All Devils home games are marked * which means SD which means crappy pic!
Was thinking of getting NHL Game Center on line, but not sure I want to take a chance on another 160.00 for the year and have it suck also I do have a high band width, anyone have any experience with them????

#72 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 01:12 PM

actually, the link i got was from the Devils Twitter... im VERY hopeful it will be soon... haha

but CV are a bunch of asses...

Yeah I spoke to the guy who sent it out for the team (we work another job together).. Sent him the link.. Believe me, we usually know more than the Devils' employees do when something new comes out

The earliest it can be now is December 27th or 28th

Edited by Colin226, 01 December 2011 - 01:13 PM.

Posted Image

#73 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:15 PM

Just switched to FiOS and while HD is obviously better, I'm not hating the picture at all. Reminds me of just a few short years ago.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#74 95Crash

95Crash

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,950 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:21 PM

I consider switching from Cablevision to FiOS every day. What's the difference pricewise?

#75 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,381 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:04 PM

I went from $219 to $139 for 2 years and have more channels.
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#76 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 04:28 PM

I went from $219 to $139 for 2 years and have more channels.

Not to mention that the product is incredibly better.. Cable is a 60+ year old technology that they keep trying to pump more data through, while fiber directly to the home is a new technology and already several times faster than cable.. There are other things I like about FiOS too, like their customer support is rated #1 in the industry, they have a remote control app for smartphones, and the interface on the channel guide is more user friendly.. I also like that the modem and router are in one unit supplied by them so you never have to worry about buying your own and setting it up

There really is no comparison.. You should definitely look into it and give them a call
Posted Image

#77 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:34 PM

im a huge fan of FIOS, ever since it came to North NJ, i've had it.

When i moved for 2 years, we had to get Cablevision due to the area wasnt linked for it yet, and i really really missed the speed and tv quality of FIOS

Being back home, its gotten even better, The DVR is seriously excellent (my room TV box isnt a DVR but i can record whatever i want from my room to the DVR in another room and watch from that DVR)

MSGHD is the ONLY thing about FIOS i don't like, but thats Cablevisions fault, not Verizons. and once we get that, it will be a 100% complete package
POTATO!!!

#78 Exit56

Exit56

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:00 PM

do they have an app that you can watch live TV with on an iPhone or iPad?

#79 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,178 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:10 PM

Nope, but I'm sure they will eventually
Posted Image

#80 Microwavepizza

Microwavepizza

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:21 PM

i've read that this is in the works...

but i CAN set my DVR anywhere theres internet/3G on my iphone/ipad which is cool
POTATO!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users