#41 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:35 PM

Id like to see the Marty defenders talk their way out of this

A Devils fan NOT defending Martin Brodeur is like a human NOT breathing oxygen. If you can live with oxygen, you aren't human. And if you don't defend Brodeur, you aren't ............ nevermind.

It's the preseason.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#42 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,758 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:40 PM

A Devils fan NOT defending Martin Brodeur is like a human NOT breathing oxygen. If you can live with oxygen, you aren't human. And if you don't defend Brodeur, you aren't ............ nevermind.

It's the preseason.

If he let's in goals like he did in this game and like he did last year and year before we are in trouble

#43 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,698 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:40 PM

Josefson, Kovalchuk, Henrique and Larsson were beast out there

Our PP looked real good but i didnt like Tedenby on the PP, broke the flow of the passing and we lost possession because of that a few time

Not a fan of Brodeur's new gear... looks terrible. Also not a fan of Brodeur's game tnight

other than that we lost against the Rags i dont mind that we lost tnight... all our goals were well prepared and beauties... all their goals we're sh!tty and lucky... what can you do against that really?

at this point i think there's no way Larsson is not in the lineup opening night

www.SterioDesign.com

#44 pumpkin cutter

pumpkin cutter

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:49 PM

I agree, Tedenby looked sloppy. Brodeur was sloppy as well. It is only pre season so I won't take much of it into account. Positives were larsson looked good as well did josefson and the other Adam. Sykora had some nice passes and shots, but I won't praise him yet. My biggest upset is palmiere, Idk what it is, but I don't like him. Great effort by the team, and was nice to come back from 2 goals. I like what I've seen so far, albeit pre season.

#45 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:05 PM

Josefson, Kovalchuk, Henrique and Larsson were beast out there

Our PP looked real good but i didnt like Tedenby on the PP, broke the flow of the passing and we lost possession because of that a few time

Not a fan of Brodeur's new gear... looks terrible. Also not a fan of Brodeur's game tnight

other than that we lost against the Rags i dont mind that we lost tnight... all our goals were well prepared and beauties... all their goals we're sh!tty and lucky... what can you do against that really?

at this point i think there's no way Larsson is not in the lineup opening night

Stepan's goal wasn't sh!t, though. It was a good high wrist shot that beat Brodeur clean. That's one that is stoppable, especially when he's facing the shot with time to set. The other 3 goals were pinball shots and not much you're gonna do. I didn't like brodeur's flopping around at times, either. That is something he's done with more frequency over the last few seasons.

It's preseason and goaltenders, like forwards and defensemen have to shake off the rust in game action, not scrimmages in camp. Let's see where he's at in a few more games and go from there.

The Bell goal was a mistake they just can't make at all. That's a killer for a team that has to prevent shooting themselves in the foot.

GHowever, they're going to be learning as they go to adapt to what Deboer is trying to implement here. I see some positive things and i see some guys who aren't going to be here. I'm far more optimistic watching this preseason then last year where you could see that they were playing with old habits and making glaring errors. If you watched enough of their preseason last year, it was a harbinger.

Edited by SJP20, 23 September 2011 - 09:08 PM.

NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#46 devils102

devils102

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:17 PM

Devils have to cut back on their giveaways. Otherwise a good game.
Posted Image

#47 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:23 PM

Larsson looked great. I wonder if he will take more shots once he gets more comfortable. On the PP he seemed to feed the puck to Kovy pretty much every time.

Edited by mmajeski06, 23 September 2011 - 09:23 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image

#48 Devilzibook

Devilzibook

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:30 PM

A lot of positive in this game !!!
Posted Image

My name is Alex, and I am Quebecois ! Thank you.

One dream: BRING BACK THE NORDIQUES !!!

#49 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:37 PM

2nd preseason game and I was really happy with the way everyone looked. Winning isnt the biggest thing when it comes to pre-season. You all have to keep that in mind.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#50 MDPucks

MDPucks

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:41 PM

Preseason, jeeze.

I'm just happy with the team coming out of a preseason game healthy.

#51 The Facepainter

The Facepainter

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:02 PM

Hopefully that isn't the norm for Brodeur. Team looked awesome. I don't think Palms was as bad as everyone is saying. He was a physical prescence on the line, but didn't add much more than that. Really excited about the team.

#52 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,000 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:17 PM

It's the preseason.

Yeah and he looked exactly the way he does against the Rangers in the regular season post-lockout, just good enough to lose and allow a backbreaking clunker every game :P

But Marty does tend to get off to slow starts in general...the one year he got out of the blocks quick since the lockout was '08 and he got hurt after ten games.

And lol at the Devils' 'Opening Night White' theme...so now we're going to wear all white when the Flyers are going to be the team wearing white? At least they're giving away a 30th anniversary t-shirt then, hopefully the Flyer fans don't back up the toilets with them the way Ranger fans did with our rally towels.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#53 SS-SS

SS-SS

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:18 PM

I loved Larsson tonight. I feel that it would be wiser to pair him with Tallinder. He looked much better on the defensive side of his game when he was paired with him.

Anyone agree that Volchenkov and Greene both looked shaky ? Also Salvador wasn't very good, but its been a while and I don't think he can get his game a 100% back just like that.

Fayne was a little bit invisible IMO. Brodeur rusty, but that's all normal. Henrique impressed me even tho he kinda had a great first period and two decent other ones.

Tedenby, should've finished the job on 2 occasions and lost the puck a little bit to much especially on the PP, but his speed is just a constant threat for the other team. Josefson was just WOW. I didn't even know he could shoot like that. Looked so mature on the ice. He knew what to do with the puck and I was wondering if anyone noticed that his skating is better than last year. He seems to be skating faster and smoother.

Even tho we lost and we maybe didn't play a great game in all the areas of the ice, this game really made my night with all this young talent showing such great things.

Edited by SS-SS, 23 September 2011 - 10:19 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image of Henrik Tallinder Posted Image of The Eric Lindros Concussions

#54 Troy from NJ

Troy from NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:22 PM

Larsson was our best D-Man....2 nights in a row. Pretty safe to say we hit the jackpot here. His hockey sense is downright insanely good for a kid of his age. Niedermeyer had nowhere near the hockey sense this kid had at the same age. Not even close. Yep, only two games in, but it's like seeing a young pitcher throw 100 MPH. You don't need to see much to know he has the goods and we're all witnessing the next great NJ Devil.

Henrique was very good tonight. He has obvious high end skills and he needs a place on this roster.

Kovy just seems possessed out there. He is going to be an absolute beast this year and God forbid anybody ever takes one of his one timers in the chest.

Marty lost this game, and he's been too good for too long to worry, but if he's going to be an average goalie I'm all for getting the kids some NHL experience this year. This could have been a game where we focus on the offensive potential of this team and Marty being Marty (remember, Parise and Elias were watching from the box) and even start to look forward to a power play. Sure, it's only preseason, but after last year's horrendous start, ya, I want to win every frickin' game, even in the preseason and especially against the Rangers in our house. It DID matter and by the look of the Devils players at the end of the game, it mattered to them too. And that, I was happy to see.

And....GOD I'M JUST SO HAPPY HOCKEY IS BACK! LET'S GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!
"What's the difference between a catfish and Rangers Fan?
One is a low life bottom feeder that lives on the feces of others. The other is a fish"

Official Keeper of THE BUD LIGHT GOAL BAR
Posted Image

#55 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:28 PM

Preseason, jeeze.

I'm just happy with the team coming out of a preseason game healthy.

Same here, I jumped out of my chair a few times during this game. I had to remind myself it's only a pre-season game on several occasions. Boy was this a longggggg off season.

#56 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:32 PM

What were all your thoughts on Salvador?

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#57 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:56 PM

Same here, I jumped out of my chair a few times during this game. I had to remind myself it's only a pre-season game on several occasions. Boy was this a longggggg off season.

I didnt care, i let loose. haha. way too pumped for hockey to get back, and i freaking hated most of the Ranger fans around me minus the family behind me and the cute girls a few rows ahead. [yes, i did say there were a few cute ranger fans. sorry]

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#58 Troy from NJ

Troy from NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:58 PM

He looked a bit rusty, but he didn't back away from hits--that's what I was looking for. I think he'll be OK once he gets the cob webs out. Still, I think it's obvious that his best days are certainly behind him.
"What's the difference between a catfish and Rangers Fan?
One is a low life bottom feeder that lives on the feces of others. The other is a fish"

Official Keeper of THE BUD LIGHT GOAL BAR
Posted Image

#59 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,431 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:59 PM

guess I didn't really notice him... so its a good thing?

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#60 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:04 PM

We should all congratulate the Ranger fans in attendance on that Stanley Cup they acted like they won tonight.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users