71 replies to this topic

#61 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,423 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:42 PM

He pretty much fell out of bed and played in the game. What do you honestly expect? :lol:

The defense was also pretty woeful.

Anyways, taking premature insanity out of the equation, Larsson looks ready offensively and his skill level is great, but man they're gonna have to protect him off the bat.

#62 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:46 PM

Palmieri stunk it up again..he's running out of time to earn a spot. Fortunately for him we are low on natural rw's

#63 Cachorro Louco

Cachorro Louco

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 11:50 PM

That last goal by the Rangers just hurts to watch.

Posted Image

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose."

Ayrton Senna da Siva

#64 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,726 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:26 AM

We should all congratulate the Ranger fans in attendance on that Stanley Cup they acted like they won tonight.

Haha seriously, I am cracking up at my facebook news feed.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#65 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:40 AM

It seemed to me that our AHL team (and marty being rusty from off season) > than rangers A team.

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#66 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,883 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:39 AM

Larsson was less impressive tonight, but he does have a ton of confidence in himself, which is a pretty good sign.

Fayne and Taormina both were disappointing - neither did much of note.

Another 0 shot night for Palmieri, which leaves the door open for Bernier.

Goal scorer's goal from Henrique - he is going to be a solid player in the NHL sooner than later. He's got NHL speed, too.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#67 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:49 AM

Having just watched back the game one of the things Larsson already possesses is a certain intimidation factor, not physically (which i think he will eventually gain) but with what he can do with the puck.

On the PPG you could see the rangers players were being drawn to him, the rangers lost thier shape and kovy had more time and space to finnish. That alone and his first pass out of our zone are enough to warrant a place on the team.

He does not look like he will gain anything from a season in the AHL other than conditioning.

Henrique's finish was a thing of beauty, hope he makes the team.

Josefson looks like he has added considerably to his frame and his skating speed. All great signs. Tedenby still needs to bulk up more.

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#68 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:14 AM

Larsson will make the team, he looked really good! It was only his second NHL level game and he is adjusting to the smaller rink as well. Cant wait to see him play after a few more games.

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#69 GoArmySports

GoArmySports

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:28 AM

It seemed to me that our AHL team (and marty being rusty from off season) > than rangers A team.

I agree, I felt like we put a better line-up out there on Wednesday compared to last night. Parise and Elias didn't play correct?

#70 Kovy138

Kovy138

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:47 AM

We should all congratulate the Ranger fans in attendance on that Stanley Cup they acted like they won tonight.

i think they just wanted to prove (again) that they are the worst hockey fans in the league. seriously, rangers fans are such obnoxious dipsh!ts. on so many occasions i wanted to get up and leave my seat last night, and not because the devils were losing, but just because i didn't want to listen to the morons yell their bullsh!t anymore.
LET'S GO DEVILS

#71 Jerzey Devil

Jerzey Devil

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:06 AM

Aren't we playing the Islanders tonight? Where's the GTD?

#72 nessus

nessus

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 801 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:35 AM

I was very impressed last night. Josefson looked amazing as always. Henrique's finish was incredible. Larsson's still looking great. But what a game from Kovy.

I agree though, I was expecting much more from Taormina. I still hope he makes the team.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users