185 replies to this topic

#181 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:00 PM

Yes, it would have been nice. However, you are REALLY overreacting by deciding that anyone who didn't wear them must be 'petulant'. It's not like people were throwing them on the ground or anything and making a big deal. I don't think anyone refused to wear them as a rebellion. That's just paranoid.

Someone so attached to their jersey that they won't take it off for any reason including unifying with other fans is petulant. Someone who uses how much they paid for their jersey as a reason not to take off the jersey is petulant. Someone who won't wear a white t-shirt because the team wears red jerseys is petulant. That's just some. I think that sums it up.

No.

Petulant. See above.

No, I see what you're saying. But it's not a metaphor. It's not self important people. It's you blowing it out proportion.

You're trying to defend comments that qualify as such. Even the most laissez-faire of fans i know were saying exactly what myself and others here have said.

You honestly think these 2 things have ANYTHING in common? You really think the same 'rebellion' group that you made up in your head also drunkenly yelled during a moment of silence or the anthem?

My use of "rebellion" is tongue-in-cheek. Time to move on there.

It gets back to the point that this fanbase has too many people who do whatever they want and feel like and think it's ok behavior to do so. It is inclusive from not wearing a white T promoting fan unity to yelling during the anthem. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#182 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:20 PM

Someone so attached to their jersey that they won't take it off for any reason including unifying with other fans is petulant. Someone who uses how much they paid for their jersey as a reason not to take off the jersey is petulant. Someone who won't wear a white t-shirt because the team wears red jerseys is petulant. That's just some. I think that sums it up.

Petulant. See above.

petulant - moved to or showing sudden, impatient irritation, especially over some trifling annoyance: a petulant toss of the head.

It would seem someone who flies off the handle over what complete strangers wear to hockey game is sort of petulant, too.

You're trying to defend comments that qualify as such. Even the most laissez-faire of fans i know were saying exactly what myself and others here have said.

No, I'm just saying cut people a little slack. It's a colored piece of cloth. And you've gone on for 2 days complaining about it.

My use of "rebellion" is tongue-in-cheek. Time to move on there.

It gets back to the point that this fanbase has too many people who do whatever they want and feel like and think it's ok behavior to do so. It is inclusive from not wearing a white T promoting fan unity to yelling during the anthem. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

No, it's not inclusive. One is not wearing a shirt. Another is disrespecting the dead and your country. There is actually a difference.

You wanna know WHY I wore the jersey? Because I forgot about the white out, walked in, got handed a t-shirt and said 'woops'. Then I went to my seat to enjoy a hockey game, never once thinking that my decision was somehow chapping the ass of some guy I don't know on a message board. It wasn't a refusal to promote fan unity, it wasn't doing whatever I feel like, but yes, I did think it was "ok behavior to do so."

That ok, officer?

Edited by Devil Dan 56, 11 October 2011 - 08:21 PM.

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#183 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:25 PM

Posted Image

nothing personal...

Posted Image

all valid points... made over, and over

I'm here for the party

#184 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,000 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

But at the risk of being stupid: Where is Arlette? Seriously? I've tried to search to see if there's a thread about her around here, but didn't find any....

She was at the first preseason game.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#185 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:50 PM

That ok, officer?

I've pretty much decided to ignore your spin and point by now, but make sure you mark Niedermayer Retirement Night down right now well in advance. I wouldn't want you to show up and forget that, either.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#186 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,671 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:21 PM

I've pretty much decided to ignore your spin and point by now, but make sure you mark Niedermayer Retirement Night down right now well in advance. I wouldn't want you to show up and forget that, either.

Bwahahahaha ok whatever, man. I got that one all marked down on my calendar. I'll try not to ruin the fan unity that night.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users