185 replies to this topic

#21 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,725 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:51 PM

DaneykoIsGod please put a thumbnail or tag your picture. It is fabulous and I may sneak it as wallpaper. Now, it just scrolls off the edge of the window and makes the posts difficult to read. Maybe our resident tech Rowdy can help here. Thnx a bunch. :)
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#22 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,848 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

I just don't understand white. The Devils are red and most of the fans have red jerseys.

Why not a "red" out?
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#23 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:12 PM

I just don't understand white. The Devils are red and most of the fans have red jerseys.

Why not a "red" out?

White is a cheaper color for a shirt.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#24 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:20 PM

Meh, these type of promotions never work well for us. We play the Flyers AGAIN to open up the season at home, which means there will be lots of orange

Yeah a few less warning cones in the construction zones on the Turnpike during the game :rolleyes:

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#25 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:23 PM

White is a cheaper color for a shirt.

it'll also appeal to those who STILL think we should wear white at home :rolleyes:

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#26 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 05:37 PM

it'll also appeal to those who STILL think we should wear white at home :rolleyes:

I still think we should wear white at home for the simple reason that ever since we've switched to reds at home every game at home has been red vs white. I think the home crowd should get to see a different color for the visitor rather than the same color scheme every home game.

However, given that they are wearing red jerseys at home I think an all red crowd would make more sense.

#27 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 06:16 PM

DaneykoIsGod please put a thumbnail or tag your picture. It is fabulous and I may sneak it as wallpaper. Now, it just scrolls off the edge of the window and makes the posts difficult to read. Maybe our resident tech Rowdy can help here. Thnx a bunch. :)

I hate when that happens too, but don't know how to thumbnail it.

Any help?
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#28 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:46 PM

Just found this pic of the white out t-shirts on the team's Facebook page

Posted Image

Be sure to enter the contest to win free tix: https://www.facebook...121121694568521

Edited by Colin226, 26 September 2011 - 07:46 PM.

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#29 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,283 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:50 PM

Just found this pic of the white out t-shirts on the team's Facebook page

Posted Image

Be sure to enter the contest to win free tix: https://www.facebook...121121694568521

That's actually a very nice looking shirt. Its a shame about 3,000 of them will be given to Phailure fans so they can burn them.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#30 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,732 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:06 PM

That's actually a very nice looking shirt. Its a shame about 3,000 of them will be given to Phailure fans so they can burn them.

Now now - I think these shirts can be very useful as tourniquets for the aftermath of the inevitable Flyer fan knife/broken bottle fights.

Edited by Triumph, 26 September 2011 - 08:06 PM.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#31 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,180 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:10 PM

Now now - I think these shirts can be very useful as tourniquets for the aftermath of the inevitable Flyer fan knife/broken bottle fights.

And then they'll be red shirts and everyone will be happy!

#32 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:40 PM

I hope there's not too many flyers fans there...between season ticket holders and the pre-sale, i'd imagine a most of the arena is already spoken for.

#33 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:45 PM

Got my tix :evil: Section 13 row 14! My first season opener....for some reason never had tickets any earlier than maybe the 4th or 5th game in before...:unsure:

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#34 Revan

Revan

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 08:54 PM

Well, with the whiteout, every single Flyers fan in the building will be visible, so hopefully they don't flood us.

Those shirts look really nice and it's always good when they're giving stuff away, however I think they should really make up their mind. First it's Rock Your Red (also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they weren't giving any free shirts away the year they introduced Rock Your Red and you had to bring your own red stuff for the games), now they're going with a whiteout all of a sudden. Even the red didn't work that well IMO - i.e., Calgary's C of Red always looks way better.

#35 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:22 PM

Well, with the whiteout, every single Flyers fan in the building will be visible

True, but the sloped brows and dragging knuckles are usually a pretty good giveaway too.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#36 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

No, they will throw them on the ground and or pretend to whipe their asses and then laugh for 20 minutes because it was so original and hilarious.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#37 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

The fans are responsible for the success or failure of this stuff - that's all -- end of story.

I'm here for the party

#38 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:23 PM

True, but the sloped brows and dragging knuckles are usually a pretty good giveaway too.

Ha awesome. :lol:

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#39 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,432 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:23 PM

No, they will throw them on the ground and or pretend to whipe their asses and then laugh for 20 minutes because it was so original and hilarious.

that post is hilarious :lol:

I'm here for the party

#40 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:03 PM

The fans are responsible for the success or failure of this stuff - that's all -- end of story.

Some people on HF are saying they are going to wear red in defiance.. I guess the marketing department can't do anything right by some fans.. They should really just go back to silly bands for promo nights and totally messing up the Meet and Greets.. At least people will be complaining for lack of effort instead of sh!tting on the team's extra effort

Some people are just ridiculous :kill:

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users