185 replies to this topic

#41 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,429 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 10:19 PM

True, but the sloped brows and dragging knuckles are usually a pretty good giveaway too.

No, they will throw them on the ground and or pretend to whipe their asses and then laugh for 20 minutes because it was so original and hilarious.

back to back posts that literally made me laugh out loud, copy/paste and send to hockey friends all over facebook.

Christ both were well done, bravo you two!

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#42 grcenter47

grcenter47

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,313 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:00 AM

now only if our fans can get into their seats by the drop of the puck, then the idea will be ok

calgary does something like that where they call it the C of Red

#43 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 07:15 AM

now only if our fans can get into their seats by the drop of the puck, then the idea will be ok

yeah this'll be a weekend game, so not like people are coming from work or anything. Personally I always hate getting in after the warm-up. Get there early and be one of the first in, you get your food, find your seats and just relax before the crowds start filling the concourse. Plus you're ready when they come out for the warm-up.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#44 Chimaira_Devil_#9

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,109 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:01 AM

I want a free tshirt!!!!

How can you complain about a free tshirt!!

OFFICIAL KEEPER OF:Dainius Zubrus......Andy Greene.......Vladimir Zharkov and Alexander Vasyunov

Posted Image

Winner of the 07/08 ,08/09 & 10/11 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster

#45 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:06 AM

yeah this'll be a weekend game, so not like people are coming from work or anything. Personally I always hate getting in after the warm-up. Get there early and be one of the first in, you get your food, find your seats and just relax before the crowds start filling the concourse. Plus you're ready when they come out for the warm-up.

Or you can get to Newark somewhat early, eat and relax at one of the much cheaper and better establishments outside the rock, and then get to your seats.

#46 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:10 AM

Just found this pic of the white out t-shirts on the team's Facebook page

Posted Image

Be sure to enter the contest to win free tix: https://www.facebook...121121694568521

How come I am not able to see the contest for the free tickets?

#47 yankeesjetsfan

yankeesjetsfan

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:46 PM

I like the shirt. I want one.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 Brick Pig

Brick Pig

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 200 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:52 PM

I’m always happy with the freebies. If the shirts or hats are cool they go into my rotation. If they’re ugly, I just use ‘em for working around the house. And generally, once the season is over any ‘terrible towels’ we’ve accumulated get used for our dog, so it doesn’t really matter what they look like.

Slightly off-topic: does anyone know more-or-less when the promotional schedule will be posted? We’re starting to think about selling off some of our tickets, but of course we want to be sure to hang onto the promotional dates.

#49 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 01:57 PM

I’m always happy with the freebies. If the shirts or hats are cool they go into my rotation. If they’re ugly, I just use ‘em for working around the house. And generally, once the season is over any ‘terrible towels’ we’ve accumulated get used for our dog, so it doesn’t really matter what they look like.

Slightly off-topic: does anyone know more-or-less when the promotional schedule will be posted? We’re starting to think about selling off some of our tickets, but of course we want to be sure to hang onto the promotional dates.

If I remember right, they usually release these late in the pre-season or in that period between the end of the pre-season and opening night.

Usually by opening night, they have a list of promo nights, but usually is somewhat incomplete as they add more through the year. Usually by late November the list is complete, but they sometimes have nights that are kinda last-minute and is not on the calendar. The one that comes to mind that was recent was the Telebrands giveaway a couple seasons back against Columbus.

#50 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:07 PM

Now now - I think these shirts can be very useful as tourniquets for the aftermath of the inevitable Flyer fan knife/broken bottle fights.

Hey, didn't I say that? :D

#51 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,445 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:18 PM

Hey, didn't I say that? :D

oh, damn it. i actually didn't read the first part of the thread. glad to know we're on the same humor page, though.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#52 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 22,943 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:24 PM

I want a free tshirt!!!!

How can you complain about a free tshirt!!

Except the ones they'll give out will most likely be either XXXL and fit elephants only or be kid size, the way the Red Alert shirts were in the playoffs a couple years back :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#53 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:27 PM

I think with the increase in season ticket holders there wont be as many Failures fans in the crowd this time around.

Edited by devlman, 27 September 2011 - 03:28 PM.

#54 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:28 PM

Except the ones they'll give out will most likely be either XXXL and fit elephants only or be kid size, the way the Red Alert shirts were in the playoffs a couple years back :P

What do you expect? This is America. We like our food super sized and according to Dennys we like a scoop of mac and cheese on our cheeseburgers.

Posted Image

We are full of fat fvcks.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#55 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

What do you expect? This is America. We like our food super sized and according to Dennys we like a scoop of mac and cheese on our cheeseburgers.

Posted Image

We are full of fat fvcks.

Posted Image
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#56 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,396 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:56 PM

I was trying to buy some tunnbrod (a kind of swedish bread- it's the only way I can get my daughter to eat vegetables) and I found this thing:

Posted Image

This is a hot dog, mustard, catsup, shrimp salad, lettuce and onions.

Swedes should be fat fvckers too by all accounts...but they aren't really --what gives with us?

I'm here for the party

#57 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 04:04 PM

I was trying to buy some tunnbrod (a kind of swedish bread- it's the only way I can get my daughter to eat vegetables) and I found this thing:

Posted Image

This is a hot dog, mustard, catsup, shrimp salad, lettuce and onions.

Swedes should be fat fvckers too by all accounts...but they aren't really --what gives with us?

Their portions are more sensible and they tend to lead more active lives than us.

#58 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:37 PM

If I remember right, they usually release these late in the pre-season or in that period between the end of the pre-season and opening night.

Usually by opening night, they have a list of promo nights, but usually is somewhat incomplete as they add more through the year. Usually by late November the list is complete, but they sometimes have nights that are kinda last-minute and is not on the calendar. The one that comes to mind that was recent was the Telebrands giveaway a couple seasons back against Columbus.

Anyone remember those veggie fries they gave out for retro night LOL

#59 nyrsuck26

nyrsuck26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:41 PM

Damn I really wish I could go... I always enjoy a good white-out. :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

#60 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,665 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:55 PM

Anyone remember those veggie fries they gave out for retro night LOL

Yeah I think they are still in my back seat... Woops.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users