185 replies to this topic

#81 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:59 PM

That's the kind of thing i am talking about right there. It's that entire attitude of "what are they gonna do to me?" or "you can't force me". What's wrong with just doing your part in trying to participate in a unifying effort for a night and not caring what anyone else does? If it makes someone feel better they can put the jersey back on after and go play grab ass at the bars.

yo stop acting like we are in a high school cheer squad. this situation is not at all that close to the autographs at the bbq because there, you are essentially annoying the players. in the stands your cheering, and thats what its about.
you said earlier that, "its called team spirit." and no, there are PLENTY of other ways to show it. so if there are some dark shirts in the crowd, the team isnt gonna do as good? give me a break its not that big of a deal

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#82 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:10 PM

yo stop acting like we are in a high school cheer squad. this situation is not at all that close to the autographs at the bbq because there, you are essentially annoying the players. in the stands your cheering, and thats what its about.
you said earlier that, "its called team spirit." and no, there are PLENTY of other ways to show it. so if there are some dark shirts in the crowd, the team isnt gonna do as good? give me a break its not that big of a deal

Yo...it's obviously going over your head here and it makes no sense to explain it to you any further in any capacity.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#83 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:44 PM

Pot calling kettle black. :whistling:
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#84 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

Pot calling kettle black. :whistling:

Don't fret Dew, the Fan Club meetings will begin soon and you can be in like company with the other crotchity members :cheers:

Edited by SJP20, 04 October 2011 - 04:50 PM.

#85 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:52 PM

Don't fret Dew, the Fan Club meetings will begin soon and you can be in like company with the other crotchity members :cheers:

Haha is that how their meetings are? I see them at their table at the games all the time and they never look happy.

#86 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:00 PM

Haha is that how their meetings are? I see them at their table at the games all the time and they never look happy.

Well, sometimes the "lifer" positions many seem to have been bestowed with can weigh heavy :giggle:

#87 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:05 PM

Well, sometimes the "lifer" positions many seem to have been bestowed with can weigh heavy :giggle:

That could be it.

You should also hear how many times I hear people look at their table, read their stuff and then walk away and I hear them say to their friends/families "I have to pay $20 a year to be part of the fan club?!"

#88 overtime98

overtime98

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:36 AM

I hope the people handing out the t shirts that if they see flyers fans do NOT give them a shirt...

In 2003 we had white games and everyone wore white, and the team went on to win the cup....... Home teams should be wearing white.Devils havent won a cup since they switched.
New Jersey Devils 3 time Stanley Cup Champions 1995 - 2000 - 2003!

Posted Image

#89 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:15 AM

I think every 5 or 10 years they should switch.

#90 StarDew

StarDew

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:15 PM

Children say the darnedest things.
Dew
So long and thanks for all the fish.
TIMEX RULES!!

"When we were struggling at the beginning of the year we were wondering what was wrong and trying to find reasons. At the end of the day, all we had to do was look in the mirror and the answers were right there." -- Sergei Brylin 12/2/2007

#91 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:47 PM

Children say the darnedest things.

Hey, devsman, you want to take this one or should i? :lol:

#92 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 06:58 PM

Hey, devsman, you want to take this one or should i? :lol:

All yours lol.

#93 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

All yours lol.

Gee, thanks pal lol. Meh, i'm sure she'll be back again to continue her grudge sometime down the road.

Edited by SJP20, 05 October 2011 - 07:07 PM.

#94 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:09 PM

Gee, thanks pal lol. Meh, i'm sure she'll be back again to continue her grudge sometime down the road.

Lol did I miss something? I am on here VIA my phone and stardew is just coming off as crotchity. Is she the one who wears a ton of pins on her jersey?

But what do I know as I am at most 17 right? Lol

#95 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:23 PM

Lol did I miss something? I am on here VIA my phone and stardew is just coming off as crotchity. Is she the one who wears a ton of pins on her jersey?

But what do I know as I am at most 17 right? Lol

It's an old issue from awhile back. She's just in this thread for me that's all and i probably should just ignore her in all honesty. Hey, now you might be lucky enough to make her list! lol.

She's not the pin lady, but does anyone have the pic of that person wearing all those pins? My God, that has to be uncomfortable.

Edited by SJP20, 05 October 2011 - 07:45 PM.

#96 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:03 AM

I hope the people handing out the t shirts that if they see flyers fans do NOT give them a shirt...

It won't even matter. The Flyers fans will wear their obnoxious orange and stick out badly while everyone else is wearing white. I just hope the TV cameras don't show the crowd too much as we'll look silly with what will probably be a bunch of orange jerseys sticking out. I sure hope I'm wrong but I'm not too confident.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#97 devs82fan

devs82fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:23 PM

And by game 5 we were down 3-1 in the series, so Red Alert was very fitting :lol:

hahaha!

#98 NJ4life

NJ4life

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:36 PM

It won't even matter. The Flyers fans will wear their obnoxious orange and stick out badly while everyone else is wearing white. I just hope the TV cameras don't show the crowd too much as we'll look silly with what will probably be a bunch of orange jerseys sticking out. I sure hope I'm wrong but I'm not too confident.

This is exactly what will happen in lower bowl that will be seen on TV. 100 and 200 level will be all white! I guarentee it!

#99 devs82fan

devs82fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:38 PM

Except the ones they'll give out will most likely be either XXXL and fit elephants only or be kid size, the way the Red Alert shirts were in the playoffs a couple years back :P

exactly! can't they ask you which size you want?

#100 devs82fan

devs82fan

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:20 PM

what type of food do they have for the club seats?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users