#121 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:31 PM

LOL

How much money does it cost them to throw a t shirt on for one night?

Hahaha none, but I like my jersey!! :giggle:
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

#122 thelastonealive

thelastonealive

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,917 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:34 PM

I wore a road jersey, but kind of expected it'd go this way anyway. I think it's kind of hilarious that after the Twitter freakouts of "Oh that'll just make the orange jerseys stand out more!" it was our own damn fans that torpedo'd it.

The fans that insisted on wearing red last night were the same ones who refused to not wear their white jerseys a few years ago for the Rock Your Read campaign. It's apparent that you just can't ask Devils fans to do anything, we're too friggin stubborn to buy into stuff like that I suppose.

Proud recipient of the 2011-'12 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster, the  2007-'08, 2008-'09, and 2009-'10 Lady Byng Award for Nicest Poster, 

the 2008-'09 Bobby Holik Award for Funniest Poster, and the 2009-'10 NJDevs.com Stanley Cup for Best Overall Poster.
2009 NJDevs.com Survival League Football Champion

#123 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,488 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:44 PM

It WAS pretty funny the whole supporters section in red! :lol: Not a whine - it was just funny!

I'm here for the party

#124 hurricane1091

hurricane1091

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:10 PM

Anyone who refuses to put on the shirt is an a$$hole, end of discussion.

#125 PWW

PWW

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:25 PM

I left the jersey home and wore a white t-shirt. It may not have been the Devils shirt, but it was white nonetheless haha. I don't know why people couldn't wear white for a single game, especially considering they gave out white shirts. But it's whatever, no amount of white was gonna make yesterday's game anything other than a disaster.

oKCiNj.jpg

#126 Blown01NJ

Blown01NJ

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:20 PM

Just shows our fan base is half a joke. I left my jersey home and wore the goddamn shirt.
-Putting that bread and butter all over the toast.

#127 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,037 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:02 PM

I wore my white Elias, so I was in the spirit of the white. I was even ready to wave my t-shirt like a rally towel, had they actually scored.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#128 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,883 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:05 PM

I said it was dumb idea.. it didn't work
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

#129 jscags

jscags

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:27 PM

Why do they do a white promotion when the visiting wears white? Think it would make more sense to support the team by having red shirts to give out. They used to wear white at home, but nowadays makes more sense for red.

#130 maxpower

maxpower

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,430 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:46 PM

Alot of people are too individualistic to do stuff like that. I played along and even wore a white hat that I dislike. It could have been cool if it worked but stuff like that is "above" Devils fans.

If they had "get sh!tfaced drunk" night, though, we'd probably have 100% participation, if it was held on a weekend.

#131 Random Poster

Random Poster

Head Coach

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:01 PM

If they had "get sh!tfaced drunk" night, though, we'd probably have 100% participation, if it was held on a weekend.

$1.00 beer Night, but only if you wear white T provided. They'd wear the white T and complain that the beer sucks.
NJDevs.com 2008-09 Hobey Baker Award Winner, Rookie of the Year.

#132 adam85491

adam85491

Senior Devil

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:55 PM

seriously. i always wear a red jersey...common sense had me leaving it at home and putting the white shirt on (over a devils t shirt) at the game.

doesn't take a fvcking genius, or a considerable amount of effort

#133 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,037 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:02 AM

$1.00 beer Night, but only if you wear white T provided. They'd wear the white T and complain that the beer sucks.

That's exactly what would happen. That honestly sums up this fanbase pretty well lol.
iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#134 EdgeControl

EdgeControl

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:18 AM

they were handy as white flags! no mas no mas!

#135 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:24 AM

Why do they do a white promotion when the visiting wears white?

Coyotes and Penguins did it.

#136 jscags

jscags

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:22 AM

Coyotes and Penguins did it.

Coyotes do it from their Winnipeg days when they did 'White Out', and home teams wore white. No good reason for Penguins,

#137 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,212 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:25 AM

I said it was dumb idea.. it didn't work

When you hand someone a free white shirt as they are entering the arena, what more can you do to get them to wear it? The idea was good and it didn't fail, the fans who decided not to participate failed..

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#138 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:28 AM

When you hand someone a free white shirt as they are entering the arena, what more can you do to get them to wear it? The idea was good and it didn't fail, the fans who decided not to participate failed..

It all comes down to team spirit. If the franchise wants the fan base's help and the fans themselves dont meet them half way then it is completely OUR faults as fans.

I think alot of people are "afraid" to be loud, chant, and wear a "free" t-shirt. Plus, I would venture to say that alot of people have the mentality of: "I paid alot for this jersey, I am going to wear this over a free t-shirt."

Still, its fun. Team pride, dont be an a$$hole.

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

#139 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,235 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:47 AM

Coyotes do it from their Winnipeg days when they did 'White Out', and home teams wore white. No good reason for Penguins,

Well it kinda makes sense for the Penguins with the whole penguins living in icy areas, ice being white, a white crowd would kinda be like an icy environment for Penguins. Am I stretching this too far? Either way, makes sense to me for a team that for years played in an arena nicknamed the Igloo.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#140 Devil Dan 56

Devil Dan 56

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,095 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

No, this was most definitely a bad idea. You have a team that's been preaching Rock Your Red and Get Your Jersey On, that wears a red jersey at home in an arena that's decked out in red including red seats and it's the home opener, so 17,000 people who haven't seen their team since April want to wear the jerseys they wore last year or possibly bought over the summer. Then the team tells everyone to wear white and hands out a t-shirt. Most of the people there had no idea there was going to be any sort of white out and just took the shirt as a souvenir.

Saying that fans 'failed' is absurd. Dude, I agree with you on 99% of things, but I just don't think the team thought this one through. Red t-shirts would have been a total success.
Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Gory Corey Schwab, Mike Peluso, Troy Crowder, Jeff Frazee, and Rich Shulmistra.
"The Devils are that zombie that takes an ax to the skull, a bullet to the temple and is set on fire … and yet keeps lumbering along to the annoyance of all the other zombies." - Puck Daddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users